Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Hard to beat that. I'll give you mine for free+folded cash money. Deal? 😀😀😀😀
I can fold a dollar bill into a swan and I’ll toss in 5 of siblings fixed the same way with the same paper😁

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
In your logs, was that your coolant temp or cylinder head temp? I know in my data logs it does not record cylinder head temp (I thought it was CHT in the logs but it's not a selectable data point with what I use for whatever reason). My coolant gets around 210, but my CHT definitely gets up to 235 from the gauge cluster on hot days where I have to start backing off.
It is my coolant but I found them to be within 5-7 degrees. But you’re right about the logs showing CHT. The cylinder head column is blank

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
And honestly it could be lack of maintenance on my part. I track my car and am still on original plugs from when I bought the car. I should’ve changed them more often. Some people say once a year. My mechanic said they were gapped out of spec and were toast
You said the car sitting for like 6 months did you have fresh or old oil when you take it to the track ? Spark Plugs I personally change ones every 2 years or less than that.

I don't think your CHT is the issue here maybe the motor had missfire or was run with old oil or even without some oil. You know I run CHT's all the way up to 242 CHT and I hope my engine is good.

Ones the teardown start we will know for sure what the issue is.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
You said the car sitting for like 6 months did you have fresh or old oil when you take it to the track ? Spark Plugs I personally change ones every 2 years or less than that.

I don't think your CHT is the issue here maybe the motor had missfire or was run with old oil or even without some oil. You know I run CHT's all the way up to 242 CHT and I hope my engine is good.

Ones the teardown start we will know for sure what the issue is.
Yea. I’ve owned the car for 6 years. Still on same plugs. My fault completely. Code was thrown at road Atlanta

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I accept responsibility whether it was for lack of maintenance or wrong fuel. Very expensive lesson but to look on the bright side once I swap the new engine in, I will be able to take this one apart and learn to build an engine at my own pace. One of my dream builds is an endurance SN95 Coyote swap. So something to look forward to in 2028 lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Time to find a cheap Miata on FB to drive in the meantime

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Yea. I’ve owned the car for 6 years. Still on same plugs. My fault completely. Code was thrown at road Atlanta
Just FYI, I am taking a lesson from this. Going to order the oil balancing lines and new plugs this week. So I definitely appreciate the information you are putting out there.

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Just FYI, I am taking a lesson from this. Going to order the oil balancing lines and new plugs this week. So I definitely appreciate the information you are putting out there.
“Biggsy went through it so WItoTX wouldn’t have to” lol.
That’s big reason for me putting my experience out there. I thought I was being proactive but looks like I missed a few things. Oil changes after every event pretty much. Could’ve just been a freak accident. But yea do the most you can so you can keep your piggy bank full

Sponsored

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
What is a good maintenance interval for plugs for track use? Inspect yearly, replace if any fouling detected?

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
What is a good maintenance interval for plugs for track use? Inspect yearly, replace if any fouling detected?
I’ve seen a few different answers. From those who I know see more track time than me have said every year and some by the hours/events. By the miles I am about 10k over.

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve seen a few different answers. From those who I know see more track time than me have said every year and some by the hours/events. By the miles I am about 10k over.
I guess I'll order some plugs and start the timer fresh. Cheap insurance and another thing to learn about this car.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
The FP350s Owners Manual suggest 6-8 hours of track use or every 2 events. This is very aggressive though for a street car so I guess ones a year or ones every 2 years should be fine. I think for 6 years of tracking I only did the change of plugs ones 2 years ago. Will probably change them begging of next season.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
“Biggsy went through it so WItoTX wouldn’t have to” lol.
That’s big reason for me putting my experience out there. I thought I was being proactive but looks like I missed a few things. Oil changes after every event pretty much. Could’ve just been a freak accident. But yea do the most you can so you can keep your piggy bank full
It seems like every week I find something to be proactive about, which keeps that piggy bank empty LOL but, God willing, I won't have to replace an engine any time soon either!

This spring I started a maintenance log along side my track log, and it's been helpful in reminding me what I did and when, and anything I noticed, especially the oil changes, and damage under the car. Also tracking the prices of different fluids, filters, consumables etc...
Sponsored