2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
11/26/23: After destroying a set of front rotors I planned a major overhaul of the brake system.

IMG_6331.JPG

IMG_6332.JPG

IMG_6457.jpg

After everything was assembled I was off to Trent Musser Motorsports to get my pony back to running order https://www.yelp.com/biz/trent-musser-motorsports-sonoma

IMG_7006.JPG

Had to fix this too. There was an issue with how the previous part was installed so we had to shim the mounting bracket and ensure there was no preload before tightening down.

IMG_7039.JPG

Of course, you gotta bed the brakes afterward.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
11/26/23: After destroying a set of front rotors I planned a major overhaul of the brake system.
Did you consider moving away from Brembo ?

OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Did you consider moving away from Brembo ?
Hey there, not really. I found a killer deal on this set I just installed and since these are consumable items (2nd set of rotors in 4 years), I wanted to use parts that are readily available and relatively affordable through my partnership with Steeda.

Also, I’ve found that upgrading the rotors, fluid, lines and especially pads that the system is greatly improved.

OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
12/31/23: Some updates on recent projects:

Carbon Fiber infused 3D Battery Tray:
IMG_7278.jpg

IMG_7347.jpg

I'm on the tail end of development and it's getting into the hands and under the hoods of Beta Testers. High level details include 209 grams (.46 lbs.) and 225°F/437°C melting point. More details to be released soon on my YouTube channel.

New GT-Style badge:
Screen Shot 2023-12-27 at 1.05.18 PM.png

Render 2.jpg

123_1.JPEG

This is the 3D printed option in development. I'm also looking at metal options and all workstreams will have more clarity by next week then I'll start the finishing and testing phase.

Last edited:
OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
12/31/23: All types of stuff happened yesterday. Changed the oil (Now all the fluids are brand new and all are Red Line Oil), got another test badge printed (as mentioned above), talked to a CNC shop today too, and discovered oil stains on my wheel so I washed and polished them out.
IMG_7366.jpeg

IMG_7369.jpeg

I asked my race mechanic friend about the random oil spots on the wheel (it was only on the rear) and he mentioned that there is a vent that siphons gear oil under hard cornering. This must’ve been from my last track day and I haven’t washed the wheels since (not a good idea with track pads).

Learn something new everyday.

Also removed the oil from my catch can.
IMG_0707.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
01/06/24: Details of the pre-production prototype

I'm modifying the top strap to have a larger "window" to see all the indicator lights. Screenshots to follow.

DM me with any questions!

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
01/06/24: Details of the pre-production prototype

I'm modifying the top strap to have a larger "window" to see all the indicator lights. Screenshots to follow.

DM me with any questions!
This is great!!!! I love it when fellow track whores come up with designs that the big boys dont

OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
This is great!!!! I love it when fellow track whores come up with designs that the big boys dont
Thanks Will, appreciate the support!

OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Updated strap with larger window for the maintenance button and indicator lights on top of the battery.

Gen 2 Strap.jpg

Gen 2 Tray and Strap.jpg

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I've been watching this project evolve. Awesome work! Curious if you have done any CFD simulations on the solid model?

OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I've been watching this project evolve. Awesome work! Curious if you have done any CFD simulations on the solid model?
Hi, I have not done any CFD yet. We've done basc stress evaluations in software and real time but no CFD due to raw cost and we are not needing aero data on this product line.

We have discussed this for future product's.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Hi, I have not done any CFD yet. We've done basc stress evaluations in software and real time but no CFD due to raw cost and we are not needing aero data on this product line.

We have discussed this for future product's.
Sorry I meant to say FMEA. I used Cosmos in Solidworks in my past job. It was invaluable at finding all the weak points in a design. Glad to see you did something along those lines. I'd love to get an Antigravity battery but the cost....

OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Sorry I meant to say FMEA. I used Cosmos in Solidworks in my past job. It was invaluable at finding all the weak points in a design. Glad to see you did something along those lines. I'd love to get an Antigravity battery but the cost....
Hey sorry for the delay. Work is INSANE lately.

Yes, we have done studies in our native software but the data collected is not as solid as you would think.

The parameters are not defined to the point where one could collect accurate data. Materials are not accurate (keep in mind this is a Carbon Fiber infused Nylon) and deformation of product mass is not realistic. It also doesn’t account for the 4th dimension, time.

We tested at 1000n or 45 G’s and another at 222n or 10 G’s. The feedback was cool but again, parameters are not realistic as to what would really happen in real life. Loads were applied in a fashion that aren’t consistent with reality either.

In closing I’m looking at a more realistic FMEA modeling method before publishing results. FYI, even in this compromised modeling method 10 G’s is a non issue. At all.

At 45 G’s you’re going to the hospital, your car is probably fused with whatever you collided with and the battery tray is the least of your worries.

Drive safe out there.
Sponsored