Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Christmas in June!

First TrackCross is June 21 at Summit Point.
I'm on the waiting list for Dominion Raceeay 7/12.
I plan to do HPDE at Summit 8/7-8/9

Looking forward to this track life!
DAD85AD1-7418-4276-AA0E-815EFC276191.jpeg

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
You only bought three wheels/tires? That’s odd lol jk. If you need them mounted/balanced, let me know. HPDE in August huh? Throwing that thing to the wolves I see haha

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
OH my. You do all this in an apartment complex??? Wow man. :thumbsup:
I was going to say the same thing. Hopefully have a garage close by... And the neighbors must love you when car parts arrive.

You only bought three wheels/tires? That’s odd lol jk. If you need them mounted/balanced, let me know. HPDE in August huh? Throwing that thing to the wolves I see haha
Secretly building a mustang trike...?

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Wow for some reason I didn't get the notification for the responses. I literally just dropped it off to the shop to get it mounted but will get up with you when I need them rotated. Haha yea man August hopefully but they've been getting full very quickly.

OH my. You do all this in an apartment complex??? Wow man. :thumbsup:
Yes sir! Everything is done in the apartment garage. I'm just fortunate its an underground garage that's not at full capacity. When I was in my studio unit, I had a nice parts corner going on.

I was going to say the same thing. Hopefully have a garage close by... And the neighbors must love you when car parts arrive.
No garage available and fortunately we have a concierge to receive packages. I can't wait for the day I have my own but in the meantime I'll drool over the Garage setups thread in the 350 section lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Well now that I have time to review...
I went to a Trackcross event last weekend at Summit Point and boy oh boy it was amazing. I have owned my car for two years and put serious time into making it what it is now. I was finally able to see what the car could do (to the extent of my driving abilities) and it was the most fun I've had with my car. Those RE71Rs are on another level than my street tires and I can see how tires factor in on track performance.

There were 4 timed runs in each the morning and afternoon session and I managed to drop seconds in both. The afternoon session was my best runs because I was more comfortable with the car and braking later. I dropped 4.5 seconds in the afternoon session between the first and last run.

So I took note of the following things:
  • I had a terrible alignment in the back on my right rear. I was at -.40* so I took it easy on left turns because I could feel the tire rolling over. That will be addressed before my next event July 12 at Dominion.
  • I ordered a longer shift knob (Raceseng 150 handle with Cylinder grip) but it didn't arrive in time. My "street" knob was very short so it didn't encourage me to downshift. I have the new knob now and it'll definitely make a difference next time around.
  • PP brakes are more than enough for a novice driver. I was surprised by the stopping power.
  • Driver mod is key so thats a work in progress.
  • Schroth Quick Fit harness wasn't allowed (up for sale) so I have to invest in a bar and 6 point harness.
  • BMR front bar on medium and 350R rear and tires worked very well together.
Finally got to meet @Bluemustang and we had a great day talking about changes we could make and he definitely helped me to get better times. Looking forward to many events together!

Also very big shout out to @Brian@BMVK for helping me over the past year and a half with the suspension. Definitely the go-to on the subject matter. He saved me a lot of time and money whether it was asking him questions directly or reading his posts in other threads.

I look forward to this new addiction and becoming a better driver.
IMG_3162.JPG

Photo cred: @Bluemustang

Last edited:

JustDSM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Very cool read (read the entire thread!) and love seeing the progress/adventure! Keep us posted on your updates :)

What troubles did you have with your Steeda tension links? I just fitted mine and wonder if there's anything specific I should be on the lookout for.

Take care!

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Very cool read (read the entire thread!) and love seeing the progress/adventure! Keep us posted on your updates :)

What troubles did you have with your Steeda tension links? I just fitted mine and wonder if there's anything specific I should be on the lookout for.

Take care!
Thank ya for the kind words!

I think when the shop pressed out the old bearing or pressed in the new one, they enlargened the hole so the bearing would spin. While driving I could hear it squeak. Fortunately I still had my OEM arms so I just bought BMRs version and it fixed the issue

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
So to replace the Schroth harness issue with an approved one I am going to do a Schroth Enduro 6 pt (pricey I know but buy once cry once), Mike Maier Harness bar because it allow you to still utilize the rear seat, and a custom lap and sub mount by a member on the TMO site.

Once I start getting more seat time I may do a racing seat but hopefully I can snag OEM cloth Recaros soon

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Okay so I made my second and final attempt to mount the splitter rods to the crash bar. This attempt took me about 6 days so you can imagine that my patience was tested. To spare a long story, I am happy with the results and now I know on the track my splitter isn't going anywhere. I posted the link to Jeff's video that I followed but I definitely had a harder time than he did.

I ended up taking off the bar to drill the holes instead of doing it with it on the car. Instead of of drilling holes fro the top-down, I had a shop drill holes behind the bar so I could access the the top bolts.
upload_2020-7-7_16-18-30.jpeg

Next I mounted the top bolts and put the bar back on the car. Made holes in the lower grille but it was interfering with the top end of the rod so i had to dremel out a section of the lower grille to get access to the top of the rods.

upload_2020-7-7_16-21-57.jpeg

I put the bumper back on and made measurements to drill into the splitter. I tried the best I could and its good enough that my OCD won't bother me.

upload_2020-7-7_16-18-7.jpeg

upload_2020-7-7_16-17-53.jpeg

I have Trackcross this weekend so I am looking forward to that. Going in for an alignment this week and hoping to see great improvement in my driving.

Sponsored

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
Nice job on the splitter and rods! I hope you and @Bluemustang have a blast at Dominion, I tried to get on the wait list as well. I roped Ryan into going to the event on the 26th so ill meet you there :rockon:

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
That 488 and FF though :inlove:

Glad to see you got the rods on though. That and the alignment should definitely have the car feeling more stable

Last edited:
OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Nice job on the splitter and rods! I hope you and @Bluemustang have a blast at Dominion, I tried to get on the wait list as well. I roped Ryan into going to the event on the 26th so ill meet you there :rockon:
Thank you sir! I was on the waitlist but got through. I also registered for the event in the 26th so I’ll meet you there. Looking forward to this weekend and also meeting you at the end of the month.

That 488 and FF though :inlove:

Glad to see you got the rods on though. That and the alignment should definitely have the feeling more stable
Yea man it was definitely a fight. Went out for a drive and was able to use the rods to adjust the splitter angle of attack so it was more stable.

Lol yeaaa as for the Ferraris those both belong to my neighbor...same guy. Before covid he said that he would let me drive the 488 while he drives the FF but that has been postponed.

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Car looks good. How much front camber did you end up with? I am thinking about the same front SM-10 wheels and tires size as you, just Michelins instead of Conti's. Apex mentions you need 2.5 to 3 degrees with this set up, but my Mustang is strictly street driven, and I know many members have run OEM GT350 take offs on stock cars, so since this setup is only 4 mm wider, I was hoping I might get away with 1.5 degrees or so in the front.

Thanks,

Doug

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Car looks good. How much front camber did you end up with? I am thinking about the same front SM-10 wheels and tires size as you, just Michelins instead of Conti's. Apex mentions you need 2.5 to 3 degrees with this set up, but my Mustang is strictly street driven, and I know many members have run OEM GT350 take offs on stock cars, so since this setup is only 4 mm wider, I was hoping I might get away with 1.5 degrees or so in the front.

Thanks,

Doug
Thanks Doug!
You should be fine. I’m at -2.3 now without any issues. I was at -1.4 before my last alignment so you’ll definitely be fine. Great wheel choice by the way!
Sponsored