• Total voters

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
What about automatics that you can ONLY paddle shift ?
Yes, it would not make sense at all, just hypothetically, since these pure auto-shift-disabled transmission do not exist.
Is it still an automatic ? Or would it qualify as a manual ? Would it be both ?
It would be like a autonual :crackup: or even a womanual considering we drive the man-ual. Paddle shifts are so 👬

🤐 click click zoom zoom
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
It would be like a autonual :crackup: or even a womanual considering we drive the man-ual. Paddle shifts are so 👬
putting on my flame-retardant suit...

Autos are the manifestation of women-folk; they can't make up their mind what gear they want to be in, and whether they want to lead/choose or just let something/one make decisions for them.

(frantically looks around for fire extinguisher)

Manual (wo)Man lives in a world of deliberate (thoughtful?) action and the tight observe-evaluate-decide-act loop, as opposed to drifting aimlessly down the slow river of gear selection.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
@Mikthehun1 Real Driver's Transmission™ Hahahahahahah!!!

When I drive a manual car, I don't ever think about an automatic. When I drive an automatic, I constantly think about a manual. No matter what kind of car I drive, I'm always thinking about boobs.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
@Mikthehun1 Real Driver's Transmission™ Hahahahahahah!!!

When I drive a manual car, I don't ever think about an automatic. When I drive an automatic, I constantly think about a manual. No matter what kind of car I drive, I'm always thinking about boobs.
Well at least someone on here has their priorities set straight.

Sponsored

IMadeYouReadThis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT manual
What's funny to me it's that it's the same couple guys trying to big up their automatic transmissions over and over again.

I don't understand how anybody decides they want to buy a muscle car rolls over to the dealership slaps down hard earned cash for a nice car with a V8 and then bastardizes it by opting for an automatic transmission.

It's just wrong on so many levels.

No one's going to be looking for the automatic mustang Challenger or Camaro to add to their collections in 25 years.

They're looked down upon now, and guaranteed they'll be looked down upon then.

Nobody cares if they're faster it's not like it's any skill from the driver it's all the computer.

The next thing will be electric cars.

Yes they'll be faster but much like the automatic still have no soul.

automatic-transmission-you.jpg

kh9Ycmv.jpg

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I think that getting an auto also has a bit to do with the area you live in. When I got my previous gt in an automatic I thought about the traffic in my area a lot and my commute. I didn't want to be stuck with a manual car. But I always wanted a manual and that was my goal within a year. I went and got a manual this time. Yeah being in traffic sucks here big time but I learned how to get past it.

I have so much fun driving a manual. I pass what I can and the ones I can't pass I still have fun with them. There's always going to be someone faster than you but enjoying that moment of shifting gears is hella fun to me. 👍🏻

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
always going to be someone faster than you
Absolutely. I raced a 14 GT500, VMP blower, TH400.. he kicked my arse. Haha. Goal for me is 10's NA, don't care where in the 10's, once done, a big ole centri is what I'm gonna get, then I'll run him again.

Sponsored

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I've been considering a Procharger myself. Makes more sense for my goals.
Just figured 10's NA would be easier to run low 9's with a centri.. I'm 2/10ths away from my NA goal, and I'm sure as shit gonna try my darndest for a low 9 with the MANual haha.

PHILTHY_PONY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I just want to get everyones views on Automatic vs Manual Mustangs and your views on 6speed vs 10speed
I have a 2020 gt with 10spd auto due to health reasons I used to only drive manual, however the 10spd auto in the mustang is beyond amazing. It shifts super quick both up/down no delay like some car's, the obvious it's great on fuel more importantly it is a beast at the drag strip. I've gone several times and when up against other Mustangs with manual I would beat each one rig off the line, I went last weekend and their were 5 other 18+ mustang gt all manuals some even tuned etc and I was beating each one alday closest was a 13.5 my car ran 12.3@116mph twice. So once I decide to get a blower the 10spd auto with the 3.15 gears i currently have will work perfectly.
Sponsored