Anyone else not get active exhaust?

steathv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 California Special
If you order a 2022 now the price of the active exhaust has gone up about $400.00, no performance gain from it. Save your money and do a resonator delete with a H or X pipe and pickup some performance gain and more sound if that is to your liking. GM's pickup 5 hp with active exhaust, Fords no gain.
Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
I don't think they had it when I bought mine ? Whatever

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I like gizmos. Had it on my 2018 and liked playing around with it. So on my 2022 I ordered it along with the remote headlight washers, telescoping antenna and retractable curb feelers. šŸ˜Ž
Now that's very handy you got the 4 wheel option? Reading the user manual it's stock for the M1, selectable 2 or 4. The 4 is drive-thru mode, 2 standard parallel parking.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
....I didn't.
When I had the Challenger, I pondered buying an Active Exhaust cut-out.
I wanted full noise but Dodge frowned on this mod.
Sold the car so it became a moot point........................................:clap:

IMG_0353.JPG

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
....I didn't.
When I had the Challenger, I pondered buying an Active Exhaust cut-out.
I wanted full noise but Dodge frowned on this mod.
Sold the car so it became a moot point........................................:clap:

IMG_0353.JPG
I really like modern mopars. Just a shame that they are so heavy, they get pooped on by lower hp vehicles like mustangs constantly.

Sponsored

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
Now that's very handy you got the 4 wheel option? Reading the user manual it's stock for the M1, selectable 2 or 4. The 4 is drive-thru mode, 2 standard parallel parking.
Typical. M1 guys get all the good stuff!

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I cannot imagine not having my AE, although until this thread I didnā€™t realize it could be finicky. Guess Iā€™ll just deal with whatever comes if it does.

I bought mine in the fall of 2020 and inventory was limited so my dealer had to look around a little to find me an acceptable car. AE was the one thing I wouldnā€™t compromise on though and Iā€™ve never regretted it.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Typical. M1 guys get all the good stuff!
Not Typical! But you certainly are, all puffed up cause he bought a car, silly little boy.

My GT is better than your M1 ....:rain: LMAO !! So much fun hanging your chain LMAO

If you cannot play with the big dogs, go back on the porch. :computerrage:

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
If you order a 2022 now the price of the active exhaust has gone up about $400.00, no performance gain from it. Save your money and do a resonator delete with a H or X pipe and pickup some performance gain and more sound if that is to your liking. GM's pickup 5 hp with active exhaust, Fords no gain.
No performance gain? What? The butt dyno tells me I pick up 25-30 HP when I flip it into track mode!šŸ¤Ŗ

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No performance gain? What? The butt dyno tells me I pick up 25-30 HP when I flip it into track mode!šŸ¤Ŗ
To add I'm skeptical about a claim, of 5hp gain for GM, Guessing Karen said so, and it must be true ____fill in the blank.

What I see is that the AE is all the same hardware.... :rain:

Sponsored

Dark Stallion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Fastback
Quite mode talk is interesting. My Harley Davidson is not quiet and no one says anything about the noise on start up. Now I don't sit and throttle the thing in garage or driveway. Challenger doesn't have it. I too am curious is this is really something that is used after 6 months or more of ownership
I use it every time I drive still after two and a half years. Quiet mode to start it up. Track mode when Iā€™m a couple blocks away from home. Quiet mode when the 5-0 is driving behind my 5.0.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
The reason for getting AE isn't to be obnoxious/more sound, it's to be quiet when you want to be, and loud when you want to be. It's the flexibility for the car to be what you want it to be, when you want it to be.

I can only guess that most Big Noise exhaust owners don't daily their car, have neighbors, or drive long distances.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
I really like modern mopars. Just a shame that they are so heavy, they get pooped on by lower hp vehicles like mustangs constantly.
...Dodge has what they call; MDS or Multiple Displacement System.
at cruising speed, the system would cut out up to 4 cylinders so you can
save fuel while driving @ a constant speed.
Could I notice the difference; no. It was only for the auto trans.
You could shift into Sport mode and the feature is deactivated.
Like one guy said; "I paid for a V-8, I want a V-8"....................:like:

asc709

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP
My C7 had Chevyā€™s version of active exhaust. A neat trick, but it stayed on track mode the whole time. The C7 standard exhaust is too quiet IMHO. I bought my PP GT used and checked all the boxes, but it does not have AE. It has a Borla exhaust and I donā€™t miss AE at all. That magnetic ride, tho! Thatā€™s where to spend your money.

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
X2. Almost bought one, but once I sat in driver's seat it was tooooo big.
Sponsored