Sponsored

Anyone else not get active exhaust?

Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Premium
I feel upset cos I didn't know it was so important when I made my order and now I see in this forum like 99% of people got active exhaust and are like "oh man i couldnt have a mustang without AE!!" and its too late to change my order :crying:
Sponsored

Tib

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP1
When I was looking for a used S550, I wasn't shopping for one with AE, but the Mustang that had every other option I wanted ended up having it. It has it's pro's and also has it's con's depending on the individual. It's nice for early mornings when you don't want to wake the neighborhood but I can see those that flip it to track every time. Also, many have installed cat-backs without keeping AE by relocating the servo's with AWE's bracket so they don't get any codes/lights.

I have never ordered a car, do you know if you can still update your order if that's the route you want to go?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Go to a Ford dealership and order all of the necessary harnesses and actuators. Then either buy a takeoff AE or an aftermarket AE system and get the dealer to turn the function on in the ECM.

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
I ordered my '22 GT a few weeks ago...didn't order active exhaust. For better or worse...you're not alone.

Sponsored

LaMustang62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, Motorcycle
Quite mode talk is interesting. My Harley Davidson is not quiet and no one says anything about the noise on start up. Now I don't sit and throttle the thing in garage or driveway. Challenger doesn't have it. I too am curious is this is really something that is used after 6 months or more of ownership

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I mostly left mine in Sport mode and sometimes Normal. Now my AE is gone and she barkin‘ loudly and proudly with a full exhaust system.

NASteve

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The way I see it, it is a cheaper alternative to a cat-back especially now with the prices being so high. It's all just for sound anyway, not like cat-backs are adding a lot of power.

Sponsored

94gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mat
Vehicle(s)
21' F150, 21' Mustang GT
Quite mode talk is interesting. My Harley Davidson is not quiet and no one says anything about the noise on start up. Now I don't sit and throttle the thing in garage or driveway. Challenger doesn't have it. I too am curious is this is really something that is used after 6 months or more of ownership
I use quiet mode every time I am on the highway, it makes for a nice quiet ride with minimal drone (even with an X pipe)....if you are going for a casual drive with another person in the car, its nice to be able to talk without yelling. On my past cars, I have always had an aftermarket, at one point I had one with Flowmaster American Thunders on it, which were designed to be obnoxiously loud, and at that point in my life, that is what I wanted from my car, but now, I am big fan of being able to turn that "noise" off when just cruising around....aside from that, when in "quiet" mode it makes the car a bit more of a sleeper..its so quite it can't be quick

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
When purchasing my GT, I was looking at two. The only differences in the options was the color and one had AE and the other had MR. So happy I got the one with magneride.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I feel upset cos I didn't know it was so important when I made my order and now I see in this forum like 99% of people got active exhaust and are like "oh man i couldnt have a mustang without AE!!" and its too late to change my order :crying:
Come on @Zent. You ordered your car months ago and asked this forum every question one could thing of. You decided not to get AE. OK, fine. Move on. Why are you starting a thread about it?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I just threw my AE away about a month ago. I offered to give it to a member on here for free, but I think shipping may have been too expensive, so I put it out with the trash. IMO, AE is overrated. I kept mine intact with LTHs and a Steeda x-pipe for about 5K miles and then pulled it and installed a straight through Steeda axle back for other performance related reasons.

I think the OP has a good option available in the Roush AE setup if he wants it badly enough, although there are plenty of great sounding axle backs out there for less money.

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I have had my GT for a year and a half and I use the exhaust modes every time I drive the car. Set it according to my mood! I also have quiet mode set from 9 pm to 8 am, but sometimes I switch to it quiet in the middle of the day.

As someone else mentioned, Roush sells a system if you feel you must need it. AE wasn’t an option on the 2017 and older cars, but Ford Performance made an exhaust for them, so I installed it on my 2017 GT. Only issue was I had a base, and it was only for a premium. (Needed a premium because the kit came with the GT350 rear valance.)Since I didn’t have a premium, I had to buy a premium bumper cover and have it painted to match. You don’t even want to know how much it cost me to add AE to my 2017 GT! It was worth it to me, I loved being able to switch between the two modes depending on my mood. I wouldn’t buy a mustang without AE.

Doug
Sponsored