Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Mine does not have AE.
Only downside was the hellacious cold start.
So I went and installed an H pipe. And the FP calibration.
It now cold starts quieter !?!
I have upstairs neighbors that clog dance for 30 minutes every day.
I dare them to say anything about the noise.
Sponsored

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
I must be the orange in a basket of apples. I think the stock exhaust sounds way better than the AE. For me the AE is way too raspy and the different modes just offer different volumes of an annoying sounding exhaust. So stock exhaust is the right choice for me. I know others will disagree with me so I guess that's why we get options.

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
Mine does not have AE.
Only downside was the hellacious cold start.
So I went and installed an H pipe. And the FP calibration.
It now cold starts quieter !?!
I have upstairs neighbors that clog dance for 30 minutes every day.
I dare them to say anything about the noise.
lmao you have the ideal neighbors for having a car with a loud cold start

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
in 2020 I got a base model 6spd with the black accent pkg and literally only bc it was the price I could afford at the time which was 38k OTD, no idea if that's a good deal or not but i took it. Since then I saved up a bit and put the Borla S-Type catback on it and it's fantastic, honestly think AE is a bit overhyped.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Personally, I love my AE and I do use various modes from time to time. Living in Toronto, it really helps when driving by cops where I live (lots of riced out cars ripping down my street on the daily).
This.... I'm pretty sure that I have avoided PoPo hassle from how obnoxious Track mode sounds by using cheat code "Pony, Down, OK, OK, Pony" when I see them roadside. Quiet also plays well on long road trips (for me).

<<< added AE after the fact but at a steeper price than from the factory. Was cheaper to use Corsa AE cat-back than buy factory mufflers at the time so Track mode is LOUD lol

Sponsored

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
Nope. These cars are a bit louder than the 15-17’s with catback so I opted to just get an axle back, kept the suitcase, and long tubes with high flow cats.
Gives a good rumble when cruising without being overly obnoxious, but sounds great when you stomp on it.

josaycuervo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1 (MT, Velocity Blue)
Knew nothing about it when I bought mine. Later learned it was an option and yeah... I see it as just something else to break. The stock exhaust sounds pretty good anyway.

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
By the time your close enough for a po po to know your car is loud or loud enough to draw attention he has already clocked you. If your not doing anything illegal it should be a non issue

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT / 68 Mustang Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
By the time your close enough for a po po to know your car is loud or loud enough to draw attention he has already clocked you. If your not doing anything illegal it should be a non issue
Might want to peruse these very boards for folks that have been pulled over for sound alone...

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I must be the orange in a basket of apples. I think the stock exhaust sounds way better than the AE. For me the AE is way too raspy and the different modes just offer different volumes of an annoying sounding exhaust. So stock exhaust is the right choice for me. I know others will disagree with me so I guess that's why we get options.
I feel the same way about the stock exhaust I think it sounds great and I will not be changing it either.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
So boring ......... LMAO

Dave in GVegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 XLT Supercrew
I agree with you, but to each their own.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
If it makes you feel better OP, mine came with it (new off the lot) & I dont like it & could do with out. All I really wanted was the premium package. It gets annoying to always have to be changing it after turning it off. I will be pulling the fuse when I get the chance to keep it in track mode once I install the H pipe. My neighbor is a Sheriff deputy & still would not care to have it open headers, catless, & with a good quality exhaust like my last car. He is a shit neighbor anyways that treats his dogs like shit. I live in a cul-de-sac & the rest of the neighbors have loud trucks & cars as well. If exhaust werent so expensive now, Id do Kooks all the way through again with no cats.

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
I don't have it. When you don't have something popular you tend to keep thinking about it. But, I am okay without it, one less thing to mess with. Exhaust sound is just right without it.

My wife's 718 Cayman has the sport exhaust (similar to the active exhaust) and I hardly ever use it. This Porsche has too many buttons to push before driving, like an extensive pre-flight checklist -- press engine stop button, adjust AC temperature (away from default memory setting), select heated or AC seat setting, press recircle air, select Sirius Patriot channel or tune to fav music from memory card. You get the picture.

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
I like gizmos. Had it on my 2018 and liked playing around with it. So on my 2022 I ordered it along with the remote headlight washers, telescoping antenna and retractable curb feelers. 😎
Sponsored