Sponsored

Anyone else not get active exhaust?

rhexis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Audi S4, 2020 Mustang GT
@rhexis: Thank you! Is your car a vert or coupe? And If I may ask - how much were the parts and labor (assuming you didn't do it yourself). If you did the work yourself, how many hours was the work? Thanks!
i have a coupe. parts were 850 including shipping from levittown ford. i had a local shop do the install and the alignment and that was 800 or so as i recall.
Sponsored

Tucker80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang CS, 2024 Civic Type R, SV650
I go back and forth on the AE. I instantly wanted it as soon as I test drove a car with it and made a priority on my desire list. However, now that I have it, I realize it's a PITA to have to switch back and forth when I just want to set it to default mode; i.e. track but still have the quiet start in the mornings. Would I buy it again, honestly probably not, but it does have its uses. I love the fact that yesterday at a red light I was able to change it to quiet instantly and avoid the unwanted looks from the police sitting in the lane next to me...

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I don't have AE. My car is a 2018 with 17k miles. I am hearing impaired, but others tell me it gets louder every time they hear it. I have no way to verify that.

BPH713

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Convertible
My 2018 PP1 did not have this as an option. I have always wished that it did. Well, I just purchased a full Mach 1 exhaust with the active option. My car was wired for it to the rear of the car. I have now just ordered the two wires to the mufflers and the Y wire that they each plug into. Can't wait to have this option on my car. Not to mention that the mufflers should look way better than my 18 stock quad tips.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
My 2018 PP1 did not have this as an option. I have always wished that it did. Well, I just purchased a full Mach 1 exhaust with the active option. My car was wired for it to the rear of the car. I have now just ordered the two wires to the mufflers and the Y wire that they each plug into. Can't wait to have this option on my car. Not to mention that the mufflers should look way better than my 18 stock quad tips.
Please do your research and clearance the pinch weld on the passenger side before you install the AE on the car, or else the chafing monster will come to visit you at some point.

Sponsored

BPH713

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Convertible
Dumb question, but which weld is it that could give me issues?

BPH713

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Convertible
Will do...Thanks for that!
I'm hoping that forscan will easily allow me to bring up the AE menu?

Homebrw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR,18 EB Vert,12 GT500 Vert, 05 V6 Vert
Hello. Dumb question. I thought when you change modes you are essentially changing the exhaust note too, so you get a non-independent (steering, suspension, TC, etc.) exhaust note without AE? I was thinking the AE just gives you the choice to do it independently so you could have track mode exhaust in sport mode for example without disabling traction control like if you went into track mode (non AE). I hope the question makes sense. My head hurts.

Also does AE quiet add more quiet than normal mode on a non AE GT?

Thanks for the education.

Chris

djpayne2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Eco Premium
Hello. Dumb question. I thought when you change modes you are essentially changing the exhaust note too, so you get a non-independent (steering, suspension, TC, etc.) exhaust note without AE? I was thinking the AE just gives you the choice to do it independently so you could have track mode exhaust in sport mode for example without disabling traction control like if you went into track mode (non AE). I hope the question makes sense. My head hurts.

Also does AE quiet add more quiet than normal mode on a non AE GT?

Thanks for the education.

Chris
When you change drive modes the exhaust also changes.

But the exhaust can be put into whatever mode you want independent upon anything else. I will drive in sport+ but I put the exhaust in track. It doesn't affect any other option such as steering or traction control.

Quiet mode is very quiet. Essentially it blocks one side of each dual and the exhaust only goes through the full muffler. It is quieter than a non ae GT.

Sponsored

Homebrw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR,18 EB Vert,12 GT500 Vert, 05 V6 Vert
Thanks @djpayne2. This is what I thought. Is it fair to say besides Quiet mode the other modes are built in, albeit without being able to be independently selected?

Last edited:

djpayne2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Eco Premium
Thanks @djpayne2. This is what I thought. Is it fair to say besides Quiet mode the other modes are built in, albeit without being able to be independently selected?
Starting the car you have 2 options:
1. Do nothing and it starts in normal.
2. If you set a schedule then it will start Quiet mode.

Once started you can select any exhaust mode you want independent of the drive mode. However, when you change drive modes the exhaust mode will also change but you can then again select any exhaust mode you want.

Chomperr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT ; 2016 Mustang V6 (Sold)
I didnā€™t order it for mine. Iā€™m going to swap the exhaust and keep it loud anyway.
Sponsored