Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
I have everything BUT AE and Magnaride.

a) Active exhaust? I'm not robbing fuel in the middle of the night - yet, so what really is the need.

b) Magnaride is licensed by Chevrolet, I've given them enough money.
Sponsored

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
i love my active exhaust. granted i run it in track mode like 100% of the time anyway lol but that quiet start is pretty great. left my brothers late the other night and didnā€™t want to wake up my nephew, just set it to quiet start and she was silent!
I love how it starts with a growl when cold.

It goes into track mode then settles into normal mode when it idles down. Sounds great in my parking garage.

Last edited:

rhexis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Audi S4, 2020 Mustang GT
Please tell me about your suspension mods. I have a '16 vert GT PP1, and am curious about what/how to tighten up suspension.
what i did was replace the stock pp1 springs, shocks and struts with the ford track parts, specifically:
M-5300-YA Ford Performance Track Lowering Spring Kit
M-18000-F Ford Performance Track Strut and Shock Kit

i kept the pp1 sway bars and other suspension bits as they are what is included if you purchased the entire track pack. made a heck of a difference. ride wise its more firm and tight without that loose and bouncy feeling i had with the stock stuff. the front dropped almost and inch and rear maybe 0.5 inches. i also added the steeda rear braces and the front two point brace.

RTR077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT RTR Spec 1
Didn't get the AE, don't regret it

Gearjunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP 5.0 MT82
I have had my GT for a year and a half and I use the exhaust modes every time I drive the car. Set it according to my mood! I also have quiet mode set from 9 pm to 8 am, but sometimes I switch to it quiet in the middle of the day.

As someone else mentioned, Roush sells a system if you feel you must need it. AE wasnā€™t an option on the 2017 and older cars, but Ford Performance made an exhaust for them, so I installed it on my 2017 GT. Only issue was I had a base, and it was only for a premium. (Needed a premium because the kit came with the GT350 rear valance.)Since I didnā€™t have a premium, I had to buy a premium bumper cover and have it painted to match. You donā€™t even want to know how much it cost me to add AE to my 2017 GT! It was worth it to me, I loved being able to switch between the two modes depending on my mood. I wouldnā€™t buy a mustang without AE.

Doug
Couldnā€™t agree more. Coming home later on in the evening itā€™s nice to quiet the exhaust down. Got my GT last year and to be respectful of the neighbors I start it in quiet mode. Now this winter I have a gen 5 3.0 whipple, LTH and catted X, I kept the AEā€¦ once that engine rolls up past 5000rpm the flaps open up anyways. I wouldnā€™t have the car without it but just personal preference

Sponsored

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
No active exhaust - I ordered it that way - why have something that adds weight and complexity but yields no more power?
How much weight does it really add? Isnā€™t it just two valves and actuators?

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
No active exhaust - I ordered it that way - why have something that adds weight and complexity but yields no more power?
Yeah, Iā€™m kinda that way about jacking rails.

LDHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 GT Premium California Special 10sp
Well.... When I heard about AE I thought I'd missed something but I love the sound of my GT Premium so much that I doubt I'd use the quiet mode anyway.

I live on a little over an acre and so do my neighbors so it doesn't bother them anyway.

Different strokes.

Also anyone that doesn't like the sound of my Mustang when they're riding me can ride with someone else.

Let that Coyote howl like it was originally intended to do. Who buys a V8 cuz they want a quiet car anyway? (Didn't someone already say that?) ;)

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I have it on my 350 and really like it for those times I need the car to be quiet. But if I didn't have it I would install a Corsa Sport exhaust, next best thing to AE... quiet when cruising or coming into your neighborhood, but loud when you get on it; split personality...

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
You can not regret what you did not do............

Doug V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I feel upset cos I didn't know it was so important when I made my order and now I see in this forum like 99% of people got active exhaust and are like "oh man i couldnt have a mustang without AE!!" and its too late to change my order :crying:
I am happy without it. And active will not make it faster, just louder. Lots of extra cost and then to replace with after market makes that double. I have had many people comment on my exhaust, saying it sounds good without being over the top. They ask what I did to get the sound. An H-pipe and axle backs. Loud enough, but no drone and quiet enough to cruise on the freeway. Spend the money on other mods. Wheels, tires, suspension. engine.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
As I have said, I love AE and couldnā€™t imagine being without it. So I admittedly am biased.

But it occurs to me that if laws get passed that prohibit altering factory exhaust, youā€™re golden but can still sound good when you want to. Not too far fetched considering some of the outrageous regulations being considered about altering the factory tune.

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
16 White GT Vert GT PP Roush Stg1 M'flow ctbck
what i did was replace the stock pp1 springs, shocks and struts with the ford track parts, specifically:
M-5300-YA Ford Performance Track Lowering Spring Kit
M-18000-F Ford Performance Track Strut and Shock Kit

i kept the pp1 sway bars and other suspension bits as they are what is included if you purchased the entire track pack. made a heck of a difference. ride wise its more firm and tight without that loose and bouncy feeling i had with the stock stuff. the front dropped almost and inch and rear maybe 0.5 inches. i also added the steeda rear braces and the front two point brace.
@rhexis: Thank you! Is your car a vert or coupe? And If I may ask - how much were the parts and labor (assuming you didn't do it yourself). If you did the work yourself, how many hours was the work? Thanks!
Sponsored