Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I have a '19 GT/CS with 3:15 gears/10 speed
My daughter has a '19 GT with 3:55/10 speed
We have played around, but I've beat her every time, from dead start/ rolling/ at 40mph, 50mph,60 mph.
She's a good driver, so either my Coyote was put together better or the gears don't make much of a difference. (spinning aint winning)
Sponsored

Chadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
'96 Mustang GT, '73 El Camino, '12 Mazdaspeed3
It happens. Ive actually participated in the exact opposite a fun time or two. I was looking at a used Avalanche several years ago and ended up test driving a brand new ZL-1 which cost almost twice as much as the truck I was there looking at.

what gears do you have now if youā€™re upgrading to 3:55?

OP
OP
Dory

Dory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It happens. Ive actually participated in the exact opposite a fun time or two. I was looking at a used Avalanche several years ago and ended up test driving a brand new ZL-1 which cost almost twice as much as the truck I was there looking at.

what gears do you have now if youā€™re upgrading to 3:55?
The factory gears which are 3.31 I think.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
I had a 10 Shelby with 355 then traded it for 14 with 331
The only difference I saw was 331 had a higher top end.1/4 mile times were quicker with 355.i now have 19 at pp1 car with 355 gears.ran it on 1/4 mile and had same times as shelby.guess I'm slow shifter bit that 10 speed is really quick

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
yeah you won't notice that. Run thru one of those shift/rpm calculators. Now 3.73 or 4.09 would make a heck of a lot more sense.

Sponsored

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Extremely rare I'd ever say this but I agree with the dealership. Why would they want someone to test drive a car, add more miles, risk the chance of damage or an accident because you want to compare what your car would be like having parts this car has?
Disagree. When I was shopping for my car I wanted to test drive a 1LE Camaro and the dealer had sold it. I asked them if I could drive the auto SS they had on the lot to see if I even liked the motor.

They let me.

The cars are insured. Sales guy is just being a pain to work with because he doesn't want to spent the time copying OP's drivers license.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Disagree. When I was shopping for my car I wanted to test drive a 1LE Camaro and the dealer had sold it. I asked them if I could drive the auto SS they had on the lot to see if I even liked the motor.

They let me.

The cars are insured. Sales guy is just being a pain to work with because he doesn't want to spent the time copying OP's drivers license.
You were shopping for a car, not looking to see how yours would drive with different parts on it.

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
You were shopping for a car, not looking to see how yours would drive with different parts on it.
I had ZERO intention of buying the car and told them that. It was 4 years older and an automatic. The dealer did NOT have a car I wanted to buy because they had sold the one I went there to look at.

I've also test driven other cars and been up front with the dealer about just wanting to see the differences between my current model and the new one with no intention of buying.

OP got a lame sales guy who was just being lazy.

Beyond that, its COVID, its not like the sales guy was going with him on the test drive and potentially taking him away from other customers.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think it's a legitimate request. As long as you didn't try to get the test drive on a Saturday morning when it's their busiest time or something, it's completely fair to expect them to let you test drive a car that they have for sale.

I would just quit doing business with the dealer and give them a bad review on the internet.

You aren't happy with their customer service. I'm not saying to trash them or to lie. Be honest and fair but say what you think.

That's the power of the internet. If the dealer doesn't want to help their customers, then their potential future customers should know that. You are helping any future person that is considering going to that dealer to avoid wasting their time. Support the good businesses and let poor businesses fail.

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
I can see both sides of the issue.

This is why it pays (if you can) to have a good relationship with a salesperson. They don't sweat the small stuff, because they know they'll get a sale out of you eventually. This is the case with my BMW guy, but then, typically the BMW stores don't have the employee turnover that domestics (and Japanese) manufacturers do.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
The sales guy was right. You probably wouldnā€™t notice the difference and besides, there are way too many variables for a meaningful comparison. And as others have pointed out, the service department speaks Greek and the sales department speaks French. They donā€™t care zip about each other.

They made the right call, and I say that having been a dealer before.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
You should have just rolled in and said I wanna buy the 15. Test drove it. Then told em it sucked and walked out. Sometimes honesty is not the best policy.
Sponsored