ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
ICU812, If you put a deposit down, signed something and got the financing then why didn't you take the car home with you then??
What did you sign?
They said because the plates are out of state it take about a week.
They knew I had already been approved through a bank they use ,and at what rate.
They wanted to run the loan paperwork, instead of me, just taking my P/S to the bank and having them cut a check.
I have the signed P/S, I have my bank account record of the deposit going to the dealership in May 3rd.
financing was already approved, and I knew the balance bank check I needed as I was only taking a loan for 26.5k and paying the balance 14,850 ish cash, well bank check.
I was at my bank getting, waiting for the teller to cut the bank check, when I was on the phone and they told me, they were not going to honor the discounted price.
The bank had to, reverse the check they just cut, and return the funds to my account.
Everything was a go.
Till it wasn't.
Sponsored

Last edited:

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
SIR,
I have sitting beside me, the P/S that list all the numbers,
the cars msrp, the ford customer rebates/discounts, the amount the dealers took off the cars (discounted), the dealer fee, the title fee, the lic plate fees, the, state taxes, my deposit amount, and the loan was approved , and what the bank check of the balance from me was.
So, SIR, you know not what you speak,
This is not my first new vehicle, WE have a new ford truck, I bought a little over a year ago.
I have bought 6 other new vehicles in my driving life.

They clearly either thought I be ok with the change, as they had no plans to even tell me.
Only when I asked for the loan doc's with rate and loan amount on it. did they say, oh, we are not going to discount it now.
I went in before I stopped at dealer and made sure I had financing and knew what rates I could get.
If they could beat it, fine , but I knew what rate I already was approved for through a bank, they use.
So, Please. stop ASSUMING. as you are looking like an @$$
Right.

You supposedly have a signed legal document and wonā€™t enforce your contractual rights.

And I look like an @$$.

Okie-Dokie.

OP
OP
ICU812

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Youā€™re making this a lot harder than it needs to be.

If you have the documents you say you have, spend a coupla hundo on some bored attorney and go get your car.

Nut up man, donā€™t let the shysters steamroll you!!
Would you do business with a outlet that pulls this type crap?
Would you want a vehicle ,that it took a lawyer to get, then if it had issues, or was a lemon had to deal with the same dealer for those issues.
I like the car, but Ford will make more, and I rather not buy from a Ford outlet ,that pulls this type crap.
Ford, already knows about it, and they have a copy of the P/S. signed P/s. and the banks loan approval, loan amount and rate.

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
They knew I had already been approved through a bank they use ,and at what rate.
They wanted to run the loan paperwork, instead of me, just taking my P?S to the bank and having them cut a check.
I have the signed P?S, I have my bank account record of the deposit going to the dealership in May 3rd.
financing was already approved, and I knew the ballance bank check I needed as I was only taking a loan for 256.5k and paying the balance 14,850 ish cash, well bank check.
I was at my bank getting, waiting for the teller to cut the bank check, when I was on the phone and they told me, they were not going to honor the discounted price.
The bank had to, reverse the check they just cut, and return the funds to my account.
Everything was a go.
Till it wasn't.
I'm sorry they screwed you over but if you both have signed a sales agreement, that's a legal contract. I would talk to an attorney, all it might take is a letter suggesting breach of contract and a threat of taking this to civil court. They should pay for what they have done.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They wanted to run the loan paperwork, instead of me, just taking my P?S to the bank and having them cut a check.
I have the signed P?S, I have my bank account record of the deposit going to the dealership in May 3rd.
financing was already approved, and I knew the ballance bank check I needed as I was only taking a loan for 256.5k and paying the balance 14,850 ish cash, well bank check.
Everything was a go.
Till it wasn't.
Would you want a vehicle ,that it took a lawyer to get, then if it had issues, or was a lemon had to deal with the same dealer for those issues.
I like the car, but Ford will make more, and I rather not buy from a Ford outlet ,that pulls this type crap.
Ford, already knows about it, and they have a copy of the P/S. signed P/s. and the banks loan approval, loan amount and rate.
By the way, Iā€™ve been a franchised automobile dealer for more than 40 years and I have no idea what a P/S is.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ICU812

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Right.

You supposedly have a signed legal document and wonā€™t enforce your contractual rights.

And I look like an @$$.

Okie-Dokie.
I am enforcing my rights.
And yes, I have a signed P/S
Only a fool that, might get a lawyer involved, would post up the signed document and finer details on the internet.

But feel free to keep assuming.

But safe to say, I have the signed Purchase and sales.
the bank receipt for the deposit, and the loan bank paperwork of aproval. and amount.erc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ICU812

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
By the way, Iā€™ve been a franchised automobile dealer for more than 40 years and I have no idea what a P/S is.
P/S= purchase and sales document .
You never heard of it.
40 years, ok.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
P/S= purchase and sales document .
You never heard of it.
40 years, ok.
Commonly known as a Buyerā€™s Order.

If you really have a legal document Iā€™m sorry but I find it shocking that youā€™d sacrifice thousands of dollars rather than enforce it.

The @$$ says something doesnā€™t compute.

OP
OP
ICU812

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Commonly known as a Buyerā€™s Order.

If you really have a legal document Iā€™m sorry but I find it shocking that youā€™d sacrifice thousands of dollars rather than enforce it.

The @$$ says something doesnā€™t compute.
I am looking into my options.
They wrote the P/l with a dealer discount on the unit, as it is not this year car.and them after the fact, another dept. said nope, we are not now, because of the chip shortage, and lack of vehicles.
I am sure they had another person walk in and ask about it, and willing to pay more. The fact that when I called and asked to talk to the sales manager, and said I'm the person with deposit on the vehicle, and I was greeted by another name, and when I said , no this is ............ I was put on hold, and hold, hold, hold, the salesman is not returning calls.
It is a long drive out to the dealer, so I am working with local to them council , instead of one local to me.
That is all I can say. Because of the fact that I am talking with council, and may have them take it on. Hoping to not have too.
Time will tell.
Sucks all around, other than the interior, it is as I would have ordered one.
The local to me dealer that I was going to order one from before I found this one, is talking with ford about this.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
SIR,
I have sitting beside me, the P/S that list all the numbers,
the cars msrp, the ford customer rebates/discounts, the amount the dealers took off the cars (discounted), the dealer fee, the title fee, the lic plate fees, the, state taxes, my deposit amount, and the loan was approved , and what the bank check of the balance from me was.
So, SIR, you know not what you speak,
This is not my first new vehicle, WE have a new ford truck, I bought a little over a year ago.
I have bought 6 other new vehicles in my driving life.

They clearly either thought I be ok with the change, as they had no plans to even tell me.
Only when I asked for the loan doc's with rate and loan amount on it. did they say, oh, we are not going to discount it now.
I went in before I stopped at dealer and made sure I had financing and knew what rates I could get.
If they could beat it, fine , but I knew what rate I already was approved for through a bank, THEY USE!
So, Please. stop ASSUMING. as you are looking like an @$$
Dude....you're a door-mat. You're not grasping that what they're doing is illegal, and all you need is a little bit of back-bone to see this through.

Sack up, and go get your car.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I am sorry to hear this happened to you. When I bought mine a year ago I had a signed offer to purchase, but not the legally binding. It was out of state and when I got there they changed the deal and wanted more than the agreed amount. Granted, mine was not anywhere near 6k. I wanted the vehicle so I paid the extra, but then reported them to the Indiana State Dealership dept that handles these things. They ended up giving me some money back. It left a bad taste in my mouth for the dealership, and the buying experience (which was supposed to be joyful). But the bottom line was that I wanted the car and don't regret purchasing it.
In your case you have to decide if this is a hill worth dying on or if you would rather find another car and feel good about your purchase and the dealership that is (supposed to be) serving you.
You may be able to take legal action, but is the car worth it? That is what you have to decide.
Good luck. Sorry for all of the hate on this forum, don't understand why people are attacking you. You got a raw deal and no one should be pouring salt into your wounds regardless of what your legal rights are....

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
If it was me I would bust their ass. Six thousand dollars is worth fighting for. You don't have to deal with them after you buy the car, you can go to any Ford dealer.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
orry for all of the hate on this forum, don't understand why people are attacking you. You got a raw deal and no one should be pouring salt into your wounds regardless of what your legal rights are....
I do not think it is hate Lorne or even attacking although it could certainly appear that way. I think we are all just pissed at dealers taking advantage of us, all of us, but especially Mustang owners.

We want OP to get his car at the price he agreed on. Unfortunately since we cannot yell at the dealer we are taking it out on OP.

OP
OP
ICU812

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am sorry to hear this happened to you. When I bought mine a year ago I had a signed offer to purchase, but not the legally binding. It was out of state and when I got there they changed the deal and wanted more than the agreed amount. Granted, mine was not anywhere near 6k. I wanted the vehicle so I paid the extra, but then reported them to the Indiana State Dealership dept that handles these things. They ended up giving me some money back. It left a bad taste in my mouth for the dealership, and the buying experience (which was supposed to be joyful). But the bottom line was that I wanted the car and don't regret purchasing it.
In your case you have to decide if this is a hill worth dying on or if you would rather find another car and feel good about your purchase and the dealership that is (supposed to be) serving you.
You may be able to take legal action, but is the car worth it? That is what you have to decide.
Good luck. Sorry for all of the hate on this forum, don't understand why people are attacking you. You got a raw deal and no one should be pouring salt into your wounds regardless of what your legal rights are....
Thanks,
The problem is the car is a 2020, and at the raised price, is msrp+ dealer fees. If I a going to pay full retail, I get a 2021 or 2022 .
If they never discounted the unit, and said, ya it is a 2020, take it or leave it. I not be upset.
The problem is it is a 2020, that they have had on lot for 14 months, and discounted it to move it. Once Someone higher than the sales manager found out it was an out of state buyer, that was going to order a Mustang just like this. They decided "we have a sucker on the hook, he'll pay it"
The Salesman claims he had nothing to do with it, the sales manager claims, the decision was made by someone above his pay grade, but won't say who.
If I order what I want, it will be about the same msrp. and they know that. It is spring and I'm sure that fact of "he'll want it now, not later" also played into it.
The law firm I contacted, has copies of the p/s, the loan aproval, and photo's of the bank checks for the balance that I had to have cancelled and put back in my account.
The Ford dealer we bought our truck from, While getting an oil change, I talked to my sales guy, and told him, They contacted Ford, and I should be getting a call before this Friday. The salesman that we bought the truck from is the one that told me this dealer had what I was looking for, After showing him the signed p/s document, and emails of the new price. Decided to make some calls.
The Dealer with the Mustang doesn't know it yet, but they lost another sale, As the Exployer in the showroom is the color and trim The mother in law is looking for.
So, Thanks.
I will most likely end up ordering A 2021-2022.
They can sit on this 2020 till 2025 for all I care.
Sadly, to get my deposit back, I am going to have to drive the 452 miles for a 3rd time.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Sadly, to get my deposit back, I am going to have to drive the 452 miles for a 3rd time.
uhh, a 'nice' letter from an attorney and a demand to cut you a check and fedex it to you within the next business day is not exactly unexpected. Once the check clears it's high time to name and shame these bastards.

If you're willing to drive 452 miles to a shitty-ass "dealer" why didn't you think to drive the 436 miles (or 90min plane ride) to Lindsay in Wheaton MD and gotten a MY21 GT for over 6000 off? They've still got 2 left. Stupid A10 though.
Sponsored