Amusing Reactions to your Mach 1

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
So the wife and I are out for an afternoon cruise. We pass a couple in a s550 drop top, we all wave, and I pass them.

All of the sudden the guy comes flying up on my right, screaming that’s a new Mach 1, as he is hitting his wife's arm.

I roll the window down, he asks me how much HP? My reply 470-480, who knows. He screams I have 460 and a ton of weight, again hitting his wife’s arm. She was not happy with him, he drops back and then performs a fly by.

Im behind them at the stop light, 2 ladies in Kia are taking pictures of my car letting me know how good it looks. I smile and say thank you. For some reason my wife hits me in the arm.:facepalm:

Fun afternoon, none the less.
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
So the wife and I are out for an afternoon cruise. We pass a couple in a s550 drop top, we all wave, and I pass them.

All of the sudden the guy comes flying up on my right, screaming that’s a new Mach 1, as he is hitting his wife's arm.

I roll the window down, he asks me how much HP? My reply 470-480, who knows. He screams I have 460 and a ton of weight, again hitting his wife’s arm. She was not happy with him, he drops back and then performs a fly by.

Im behind them at the stop light, 2 ladies in Kia are taking pictures of my car letting me know how good it looks. I smile and say thank you. For some reason my wife hits me in the arm.:facepalm:

Fun afternoon, none the less.
I’ll totally be that guy hitting his wife in the arm when I see a Mach 1 in the wild 😝. Seen a few in dealer showrooms but never on the road. I’ve seen more GT350’s and GT500’s (helps that my neighbor has a 500) than I have Mach 1’s in my neck of the woods.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Seeing those chargers is the row and the friendly EV owner encounter, I see an untapped potential in this. The EV owners will not need Cars & Coffee anymore as they clearly could experience the same community vibe at the charging stations.
More like 12 course meal meet ups with the time it takes to charge.

Last edited:

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Today I took the Mach to a little Subaru dealer in the middle of nowhere to buy a used Impreza for our son. About an hour drive of twisties on a beautiful day.

The salesmen were outside looking at the Mach and taking pictures, or wanting to talk about it while I'm trying to work a deal on the Impreza. I was like hey guys, shouldn't you be selling cars or something? :crackup:

And although it may have had nothing to do with it, in retrospect, it probably wasn't a good idea to bring a $60K car and then try to haggle on the price of a 6 year old beater. They didn't budge and I bought it anyway. :facepalm:

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
After 10 pages, I'm sure dozens of people have brought up similar stories, but thanks to the timing of the release and of course naming, I've had tons of confusion with the Mock E.

"Beautiful car! How many miles do you get per charge?"'
"I was thinking of buying one of those! But yours looks smaller than I remember..."

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
I have had my first encounter with the “Is that the electric one” on the cruise ship.

We are at one of the many bars on the ship, I’m speaking with a guy from England. He is showing me pictures of his Ferrari and Porsches, and checking out my Mach.

Another guy comes over wearing a BMW M-Sport shirt, chimes in about how he is a master instructor at 23.

He takes one look at my Mach 1 shirt, and asked that stupid question. I politely told him it was an ozone killing, manual V8.

The guy from England laughed at him, and we went on with drinking and talking cars.

wadewolf76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang coupe, 21 Twister Orange GT premium
I was waiting for my gf outside Walmart and this guy walks up asking if this was the new Mach 1 and could he take some pictures. A guy at the gas station yesterday was asking me did I paint my car, he had never seen a factory orange Mustang. I get more compliments and reactions than any of the 20+ cars I have owned.
Though mine is not a Mach 1 I get similar questions about my Twister Orange GT. Must be something about orange.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Though mine is not a Mach 1 I get similar questions about my Twister Orange GT. Must be something about orange.
Same, one of the Steeda guys told me he wished he would have gotten an Orange Twister.

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
OK I am beginning to get the feeling that many other drivers of performance cars have no idea what a Mach 1 is. It gets tons of looks but if I'm just cruising around, NOBODY is pulling up next to me and revving their engines or anything. Cars that I know could smoke me kind of quietly ease by without the driver even taking a peek over. But parking lots, stoplights, gas stations, etc. everyone wants to talk about it.

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
IMO the Mach 1 ever since the 70's is not that globally immediately recognizable, and there's no that famed aura of the Shelbys and cobras, and super snakes, and the 69Fastback, etc. Not that the Mach 1 is lacking anything, it's just a thing that seems recognizable by the Mustang fans, not that much by broader audience. The young would recognize the horse, but associate the Mach plate with the electric abomination and have no clue about even what Mach 1 stands for.

Me personally, I like the 1969 Mach 1 with the Fastback body more than the 1971 Mach 1 body style. Yet, many people don't like the looks of Mach 1 as they associate it with the 70s models, and not the 69s.

Here in Europe, especially the post-communist one, people immediately would recognize a 60s stang, and then the 2005+, but anything in the middle is kind of "What is that?". The fox body mustangs here look like the Ford Sierra and sometimes people are surprised to see a horse on the sierra :)

So, the Mach 1 is like 'Um what's that, how do you pronounce it? But is it a mustang or it is different model, and not mustang? Why it doesn't have the horse in the back? Is it a Shelby?"

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
Got complimented(?) from a neighbor who rides Suzuki Intruder that my car was even louder than his bike 😄.

On the other occasion, I was about to leave the parking lot at McDonalds, and when I started the car, everyone turned around and seemed genuinely interested in what would happen. I was so fixed on not revving it, while being watched by everyone, that I almost stalled the engine 😄.