Amusing Reactions to your Mach 1

Homebrw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR,18 EB Vert,12 GT500 Vert, 05 V6 Vert
Today I had a neckbreaking session for like 40km, driving in a line of like 10 cars, in an area with very heavy traffic and no chance to overpass.
So after the first 5 regular cars, here we come in this order :
1. Mach 1 FJG (me)
2. Metallic blue 911 Turbo S
3. Black Mercedes AMG GTS63
4. Silver / Charcoal porsche Cayene

And of course the M1 FJG was most looked at, as porsches are all the same for the last 40 years. Lol

And here's my beauty on a nice view. Sorry for the framing, that's the best my wife can do, lol.

IMG-c79c7b8919200a023d74fc55d00b4b4c-V.jpg
Bulgaria for the win! Beautiful brother.
Sponsored

VooDeeZy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Is that the real color? Or did you paint it? ....my response "yes its the factory paint, it's called Grabber Yellow"

1318a.JPG
Love it. While the dark and more neutral colors are beautiful in their own clean and low key way, I think special cars deserve special colors that really pop.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
awesome stories. oh man, this thread is making the wait even more painful.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
awesome stories. oh man, this thread is making the wait even more painful.
The wait will be worth it! "Smiles per mile" remains off the charts! After 16 months and 15K miles, I'm still waiting to find even one other Mach 1 in the wild between the Metro DC area, Charlotte, NC (not counting the Ford Performance Racing School at Charlotte Motor Speedway) and southeast Massachusetts.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
"After 16 months and 15K miles...."
Nice to see another owner getting out there and driving his M1. I daily mine if it is nice and have about the same amount of time and miles on mine. Such a great car. It is still pretty rare here too so I still get a lot of comments at shows/Cars and Coffee. Just last night at a cruise in, I had a multiple corvette owner (he had a C7 Z06 with him last night) tell me that my M1 is the best Mustang ever in his opinion...even more so than the 500.

Sponsored

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
It is true abot the 911, I won't argue. In fact my friends ask me "Why mustang, there are other options, e.g. Nissan GTR, Mercs, Porsches, Audis, BMWs?" And I always answer the same way. Yep, there are so many options - faster, more powerful, 4x4, but none of those is a Mustang. I don't care about anything else, I appreciate all other brands and options, but it's not what makes me tremble when I hear it roar... So it is an irrational and very subjective choice, but I would make it any day over and over again.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Not a Mach1, but a funny reaction to mine:

The guy in the background who was charging his appliance, saw me backing in... he came walking over and asked if my Camaro was some sort of a Hybrid, since he heard the exhaust.... I was only there for the photo opt, so I said yes and it only takes a few minutes to fully charge. I took my photos and left within a minute.

ev1-jpg.jpg

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I live in London. My neighborhood has a few Ferrari's, bunch of 911's, Taycan's, Aston Martins. When I had my previous Mach 1, I had guys pull over to look at my car, take pictures, kids ask parents what kind of car it is, people admire the size of the tail pipes...it's crazy. Then again, in the UK there are only like 300 Mach 1's, so they are rare.

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
I live in London. My neighborhood has a few Ferrari's, bunch of 911's, Taycan's, Aston Martins. When I had my previous Mach 1, I had guys pull over to look at my car, take pictures, kids ask parents what kind of car it is, people admire the size of the tail pipes...it's crazy. Then again, in the UK there are only like 300 Mach 1's, so they are rare.
I see in your car details you're changing 2021 manual to 2022 A10. What's the reason behind it?

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I see in your car details you're changing 2021 manual to 2022 A10. What's the reason behind it?
2 Reasons. The first is that living in London, it takes me 25 mins to drive to a fun road...or 50 mins round trip of stop-and-go London traffic. It's awful. I really disliked the manual in those conditions. Don't get me wrong, I liked the Tremec. However, I really think I'll enjoy the A10 in that part of the drive. The second reason is that SO many people debate the Tremec vs the A10, and a few have driven both cars. However, I want to go a step further and be one of the very few that has actually OWNED both cars. And in the UK with <300 Mach 1's, I might be the only bloke in Britain to have owned both. Hopefully that explains things :cool:

Sponsored

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
I hate traffic, but I love the Tremec so much. I feel you, though, been several times in London on busy week days for business... The transmission is the least of the problem I guess. What's your average consumption? I guess 20ltr/100km

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
2 Reasons. The first is that living in London, it takes me 25 mins to drive to a fun road...or 50 mins round trip of stop-and-go London traffic. It's awful. I really disliked the manual in those conditions. Don't get me wrong, I liked the Tremec. However, I really think I'll enjoy the A10 in that part of the drive. The second reason is that SO many people debate the Tremec vs the A10, and a few have driven both cars. However, I want to go a step further and be one of the very few that has actually OWNED both cars. And in the UK with <300 Mach 1's, I might be the only bloke in Britain to have owned both. Hopefully that explains things :cool:
That’s great. Just don’t go broke being a bloke. :giggle: It’s no joke.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
However, I really think I'll enjoy the A10 in that part of the drive.
You will. Though you'll probably still miss the auto-hold feature that many automatics have, holding the brake with a car that just wants to go still requires some foot force 😁

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
The guy in the background who was charging his appliance, saw me backing in... he came walking over and asked if my Camaro was some sort of a Hybrid, since he heard the exhaust....
Seeing those chargers is the row and the friendly EV owner encounter, I see an untapped potential in this. The EV owners will not need Cars & Coffee anymore as they clearly could experience the same community vibe at the charging stations.

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
Not a Mach1, but a funny reaction to mine:

The guy in the background who was charging his appliance, saw me backing in... he came walking over and asked if my Camaro was some sort of a Hybrid, since he heard the exhaust.... I was only there for the photo opt, so I said yes and it only takes a few minutes to fully charge. I took my photos and left within a minute.

ev1-jpg.jpg
Would love to see his reaction when you left...
Sponsored