Boyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boyd
Vehicle(s)
17 F5 Cobra, 93 Fox race car, 21 Mach 1, 23 F150
Hi Boyd,

You are right that the the headlight switch provides a momentary 3.3V ish signal to the BCM (microprocessor level communications voltage). Luckily the Grey front fog wire from the headlight switch (C205/14) to the BCM (C2280B/20) exists in the Mach 1. The BCM can output the foglight 12V voltage on BCM plug J7 / C2280G (one pin for left fog and one for right fog) however you need to add two pins to the plug for the missing wiring. You can then program the BCM (Forscan) to allow the fog light function.
There is a front foglight function (disabled by default) as well as programming the function for the left and the right fogs (again disabled by default). You can also program the instument panel to enable front fogs so you can get the indicator to show in your guage cluster. You will need to add Pins to plug C2280G in position 5 (fog right) and 12 (fog left) and there is a Ford part for this (I have one installed, the other is coming from the US).

I have verified 12V from the BCM for fogs for the one pigtail I was able to pin and can see the indicator in the guage. Once I have it all up and running and have ensured it works without posting any codes I'll write up in more detail with some pictures.
Hi Geoff,

Gotcha! So you added the required output wires into J7 so you could use the BCM and factory GT fog light switch. Excellent work.

I had traced all this out far enough to learn all this on my own, but wasn't willing to disassemble the BCM connector to add wiring and didnt even know if I could get the pins. I'm pretty good with most wiring (40 year retired aircraft mechanic), but messing with my BCM left me a little wary.

I'd love to have the PN for the BCM pins if you have em handy. I still have the GT switch around here somewhere. I spent a lot of time figuring it out before giving in and wiring my lights in the traditional way.

Good work!!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Geofferstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach1 FJG
Hi Geoff,

Gotcha! So you added the required output wires into J7 so you could use the BCM and factory GT fog light switch. Excellent work.

I had traced all this out far enough to learn all this on my own, but wasn't willing to disassemble the BCM connector to add wiring and didnt even know if I could get the pins. I'm pretty good with most wiring (40 year retired aircraft mechanic), but messing with my BCM left me a little wary.

I'd love to have the PN for the BCM pins if you have em handy. I still have the GT switch around here somewhere. I spent a lot of time figuring it out before giving in and wiring my lights in the traditional way.

Good work!!
Hi Boyd,

Your original thread was my inspiration for this, so thank you..

The BCM plug was pretty simple to take apart (I thought it would be hard as well). Stumbled upon this video from "ThatDudeinBlue" on youtube shows taking the connector apart / re-pinning for different installation, shows the bits we are interested in.

BCM video

NOTE before removing the connector, disconnect the battery (this connector is pinned for front lights as well as CANbus).

Terminal part number is BU5T-14474-UA which can be found in Ford kit Part DU2Z-14474-DA / Motorcraft WT-1003 (also DU2J-14474-AA I believe). Only one cable per pack (well it is in the UK) so you will need two...

Sponsored

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
IMG_5024 (3).jpg

Probably cheesy but idc. It is good quality and has I guess gel inside with 3m adhesive.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_5024 (3).jpg

Probably cheesy but idc. It is good quality and has I guess gel inside with 3m adhesive.
Not cheesy at all. The one in my car says Unleash Hell. And I do.