First mods to your Mach 1

jsullboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Got the BMR jack rails installed today. Purchased them before I got the car.
bmr jackrails.jpg

Gave me something to do. With the COVID closures not much to do. Plus I am awaiting a bunch of parts. So I have the time to install them now but the supply chain issues make it a waiting game. I bet I will receive my parts when everything opens again :(
Sponsored

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
I need to put my JLT 3.0 on passenger side in but I have to unplug that wire harness to do it...anyone have pics from where they did that? I just don't want to pull the wrong part of the wire assembly...I know you pull the red pin out.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I need to put my JLT 3.0 on passenger side in but I have to unplug that wire harness to do it...anyone have pics from where they did that? I just don't want to pull the wrong part of the wire assembly...I know you pull the red pin out.
Be extremely careful disconnecting anything. I can only speak to installing the ford racing unit but these plastic connectors are not made to do anything other than go together once. If you search I started a thread when I ran into some issues. There are pictures in there that should help assuming the jlt is similar

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Be extremely careful disconnecting anything. I can only speak to installing the ford racing unit but these plastic connectors are not made to do anything other than go together once. If you search I started a thread when I ran into some issues. There are pictures in there that should help assuming the jlt is similar
Remember what your title was? That is exactly why I haven't done it...it doesn't seem like I can snake the tube under it.

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Paddle shifter extensions and an upgraded steering wheel, both make a tidy improvement to the driving experience.

steering wheel.jpg
Nice! What wheel is that and where are the paddles from?

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Thanks...I might just leave this alone after seeing all the drama you had with this clip.
At least for the ford unit I probably could have done the install without touching the throttle body connector. I wasn’t really thinking through it and followed the instructions. The only clip to be VERY careful with was the one where the can physically mounts. It’s a cheap POS that can’t be sourced on its own. If you are gentle it shouldn’t be an issue. After doing it once I would feel comfortable again.

Sponsored

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
I didn't have to remove this connector when I installed the JLT separator, glad I didn't!

trackd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
August
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP2 (SOLD), 73 240Z RB26DETT
Black Ford Performance PP2 wheels and tires installed. Fronts are 19 x 10.5, +24, with 305/30-19 PS4S. Rears are 19 x 11, +48 with 315/30-19's. Front assembly 62 lbs, rear 63 lbs. They are actually a couple lbs lighter than the base 5-spoke wheels with smaller tires. Really hard to get good pics of black wheels with crappy garage lighting but the forecast says no sun for the next 10 days, typical Pittsburgh weather. Very happy with them, like them much better than the stock handling package wheels. Fender gap looks huge, like there's plenty of room to lower the car if I wanted (I don't), but if you feel behind the wheel there's not a lot of room.

IMG_4186.JPG

IMG_4187.JPG

IMG_4184.JPG

IMG_4188.JPG

IMG_4182.JPG

IMG_4190.JPG

IMG_4191.JPG
These are identical in specs as the PP2 OEMs. Are they the same wheels, and same weights also? Looking great on the contrast and open design, plus much easier to clean! Congrats!

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
These are identical in specs as the PP2 OEMs. Are they the same wheels, and same weights also? Looking great on the contrast and open design, plus much easier to clean! Congrats!
Thank you, my understanding is that these are the OEM PP2 wheels with a black finish. Same weights as the OEM PP2 (I had a set of those on my 2018 GT).

Wantedx9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Grabber Blue
Steering wheel from Royal Steering Wheels in the UK, I opted to pay a slight premium not to have to send my standard wheel in exchange for the the wheel pictured above. link here:
http://royalsteeringwheels.com/mustang/

Paddle Shifters are made from metal, link here: https://www.harrop.com.au/shop/products/styling/s550-mustang-gt-paddle-shifters

I've added adhesive padding to the back of the shifters to give it a better feel when flicking through the gears.

20220117_111825[9562].jpg
Do you lose the heating/cooling?
Sponsored