Sponsored

Am I crazy?

JMunks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Alright folks, tell me if I'm officially off my rocker or not.

I currently have a 2016 black GT Premium black accent fully paid off. Great car. Absolutely love it. Here's the thing, I want a 2018+ velocity blue GT with active exhaust and the 12" display and maybe the performance package. I can get one anywhere between low to mid 40's. Do I trade my GT, maybe put a few k's down, and take over a $200-300 monthly payment for it or do I tell myself I'm crazy and keep driving LOL.
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Why not just have yours wrapped in Velocity Blue and upgrade the infotainment system to the 2018+ setup? It would save you a lot of money and night even feel like a new car to you. There’s also this upgrade which looks pretty slick. Lastly, I have active exhaust snd rarely cycle,through the modes on it. Most of the time I go,straight to Sport mode and leave it. Perhaps adding the perfect muffler to your car would do the trick for you.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
My opinion, unless you are ready to bite the bullet and get the car exactly the way you want it, with no concessions.
Stay with the one you own outright.
At 40k+ for a 4 year old car, you might as well order a new '22 the way you want it. Me, I'd stick with what is paid off.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I just traded my 2016 for a Mach 1. Here’s my take. If you aren’t going to either change from a manual to an auto or vice versa, don’t bother. It’s not a night and day huge difference, the 2018 had some issues and IMO if you aren’t getting a GT350, M1 or GT500 I wouldn’t do it at all. The 2016 is a great car.

Last edited:

Sponsored

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
Like NGOT8R said... A no payment is the best payment. You could have your car wrapped, and the upgraded radio display. Get the exhaust and you have what your looking for, and no car note.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
2016 vs 2018 not a huge upgrade for going back into debt for. I would take that $300 a month that would go to payments and upgrade the car you have.
Here's your car with a wrap:
1638365864639.png

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
You're crazy. :)

Unless transmission is coming into play for a medical reason (say, going from a manual to an auto), there's not enough performance difference between the two cars in question in my opinion. I briefly pondered moving to a Mach 1 with the A10 because of my iffy clutch knee, but there wasn't enough of a performance bump to justify dumping my '15 plus ~$30K no matter how I tried to spin it. My knee can suck it up.

The only S550 I would personally swap my long-paid-off '15 for would be a GT500, but I won't pay a markup. So, I keep what I have.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're crazy. :)

Unless transmission is coming into play for a medical reason (say, going from a manual to an auto), there's not enough performance difference between the two cars in question in my opinion. I briefly pondered moving to a Mach 1 with the A10 because of my iffy clutch knee, but there wasn't enough of a performance bump to justify dumping my '15 plus ~$30K no matter how I tried to spin it. My knee can suck it up.

The only S550 I would personally swap my long-paid-off '15 for would be a GT500, but I won't pay a markup. So, I keep what I have.
For me, I wanted a manual but wasn't going to sell my beautiful and perfect 2016 just for that. When the M1 came out, with today's values and my 1979 Firebird I was able to sell both and pay off the M1. I would DEFINITELY NOT go into debt for the difference.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What's crazier than you are the prices if you have to pay mid 40s for a used GT.
Actually, using my 2016 as an example a low mileage super clean 401A example should be in the mid to low 40's. The simple reason, like it or not, to get a new one with anywhere near the equipment is 8-10K more if you can find one.

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
Vroom gave me $1,300 more than I paid for my '19 a couple weeks ago, so I ordered a '22.

These used prices may never be seen again, now is the time to explore the value of your older car if you think you're in the market to do so. I'm sure you've checked the prices, but upgrading was a no brainer for me. Mine was not paid off, however, and that's a big difference.

I'm essentially upgrading my '19 base GT with a well equipped '22 for the same price I paid 2 years ago.

JoeSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, Manual
Alright folks, tell me if I'm officially off my rocker or not.

I currently have a 2016 black GT Premium black accent fully paid off. Great car. Absolutely love it. Here's the thing, I want a 2018+ velocity blue GT with active exhaust and the 12" display and maybe the performance package. I can get one anywhere between low to mid 40's. Do I trade my GT, maybe put a few k's down, and take over a $200-300 monthly payment for it or do I tell myself I'm crazy and keep driving LOL.
yes, just yes

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Actually, using my 2016 as an example a low mileage super clean 401A example should be in the mid to low 40's. The simple reason, like it or not, to get a new one with anywhere near the equipment is 8-10K more if you can find one.
The dealer that I get my cars from has several (9 in total) brand new 401As for low-mid 40s.

And that's just their advertised price. I was able to finagle another 2k off from that, and mind you this was very much in the middle of the pandemic car shortage. So there's deals to be had.

Whoever is paying mid 40s for a used GT (and mid 50s for a new one)is still crazy in my book. But hey, that's just me.

Last edited:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The dealer that I get my cars from has several (9 in total) brand new 401As for low-mid 40s.

And that's just their advertised price. I was able to finagle another 2k off from that, and mind you this was very much in the middle of the pandemic car shortage. So there's deals to be had.

Whoever is paying mid 40s for a used GT (and mid 50s for a new one)is still crazy in my book. But hey, that's just me.
15-17 has pretty much always dominated in resale values for some reason.
Sponsored