Sponsored

Advice on buying 5.0?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
OP, have you just been looking at what is in dealer stock?

You might find what you want, or very close, and not have to wait months.
Agree - open up Cargurus site or app, set the distance to "Nationwide". You'll find tons of S550's at all different price points. In some instances, even getting a car shipped instead of trying to find one local may be cheaper too...
Sponsored

OP
OP
sergseven

sergseven

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergio
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
OP, have you just been looking at what is in dealer stock?

You might find what you want, or very close, and not have to wait months.
3 different ford dealers but all they receive is Mach 1’s or base models . I ordered 22’ GT Premium shadow black , black accent & showstopper red interior. Thinking it’s worth the wait . Today was the day to go trade for rapid red but think Ima cancel and wait for custom

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
3 different ford dealers but all they receive is Mach 1’s or base models . I ordered 22’ GT Premium shadow black , black accent & showstopper red interior. Thinking it’s worth the wait . Today was the day to go trade for rapid red but think Ima cancel and wait for custom
Post up what you want, others can search their local areas. You should be looking across the entire country.

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
yup, I got my car from a different state brand new in show room and drove it almost 500 miles back. Now I know the process of buying a new car from another state I will not hesitate to do it again.

Sponsored

Hillsndale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 Magneride Magnetic Grey
I can say 100% for certain 99% of good looking university or college educated women anywhere within 100 miles of ocean hate V8s and Harleys haha.
Guess I got a 1%er then. Think I'll keep her, been saying that for 33 years.

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Alright so I have a shadow black 17 Ecoboost 40k miles on it runs beautiful . (Stage 1 Cobb tune , exhaust, roush intake )
But you know we wanna move to the big leagues. Found a 2020 GT 8k miles performance pack in Rapid Red $42K . Love the car comes with a MBRP exhaust and X Pipe . Sounds MEAN AF! Just interior has calculator screen and it kills me because the car is a beast . But overall wanting to know if 42K is a good deal for the car ? Here are pics of both

3B47C48B-BE2C-49D3-9D61-806F3D69F56F.jpeg

871AA373-83CE-46E2-94CA-C7805E8D4AFE.jpeg
Go for it! Beautiful car.

Driv3n to Dr1ve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 6 speed manual
Alright so I have a shadow black 17 Ecoboost 40k miles on it runs beautiful . (Stage 1 Cobb tune , exhaust, roush intake )
But you know we wanna move to the big leagues. Found a 2020 GT 8k miles performance pack in Rapid Red $42K . Love the car comes with a MBRP exhaust and X Pipe . Sounds MEAN AF! Just interior has calculator screen and it kills me because the car is a beast . But overall wanting to know if 42K is a good deal for the car ? Here are pics of both

3B47C48B-BE2C-49D3-9D61-806F3D69F56F.jpeg

871AA373-83CE-46E2-94CA-C7805E8D4AFE.jpeg
I'd hold out for a few months, market is is shifting to a potential recession and used prices will drop. Especially with companies such as carvanna, vroom, and carmax that are hemorrhaging money and have excess inventory.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Doug V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
In this current market $42k is reasonable for a 2020 w/ 8k on it and some minor mods.

If it's at a Ford Dealer ask for an OASIS report to check it for any prior repairs, warranty start date, etc.

You can probably bump them down to $40k if they want to move it.

As for the 4" display screen, that's easy enough to upgrade to the SYNC 8", there's MANY threads in here listing the exact parts and how to for the swap - so that shouldn't be a game changer.
Don't upgrade to Sync. There are too many speed disabled features that make it miserable to use without a passenger. Since you don't have Sync, get a good aftermarket stereo with navigation. And get module to keep steering wheel controls.

If I could change one thing in my car is to remove sync, but it is to integrated into the other systems.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Don't upgrade to Sync. There are too many speed disabled features that make it miserable to use without a passenger. Since you don't have Sync, get a good aftermarket stereo with navigation. And get module to keep steering wheel controls.

If I could change one thing in my car is to remove sync, but it is to integrated into the other systems.
I found that exchanging the Sync system for aftermarket was going to gain no functionality except for DSP which I added at the amplifier level instead. I was going to loose the functionality of the screen climate controls and OEM fit and finish. I would have a smaller screen and the aftermarket install kits have a shoddy record of reliability on the climate controls. If you are going from a 4" you may value it otherwise but ultimately they price out about the same if you use a decent aftermarket with built in navigation.
Sponsored