7000 Miles and 1st Problem :-( !!

TEAsGrabber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach1
Driving on the interstate last night cruising @ 80 and my gauge cluster lit up like a Christmas tree. All kinds of bells and whistles as well. "Service AdvanceTrac..... Per-Collision INOP......Hill Hold INOP.....ABS light on..... etc!" Showed up @ dealership this am and they can't look at it til first week in Nov. :curse::curse::curse:
Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Wheel speed sensor or wheel bearing. Some have reported metal debris getting stuck to the bearing and interupting the sensor.

MM777

Waiting for Feb 2017
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang GT, Manual, Magnetic
For me it was the wheel bearing and thrust washer at the end of the Left half shaft (it sits against the wheel bearing which incorporates the ABS Tone ring). The computer shut down my ABS, Hill-start assist power steering and the engine started to drop revs on acceleration.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Sorry to hear, I am sure you will get her up and running soon. These cars are pretty dialed in, you shouldn't be running into any further issues.

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
The pandemic has a lot to do with it. Every corner of the workforce has been affected, from nurses and doctors in hospitals, to burger flippers at the local McNasty's, and technicians in the service dept in every dealership out there. I used to blame it on the free money the gov't was handing out but that stopped over a year ago. I can't explain why the workforce never came back in full force but they didn't and I don't think they ever will. This is our world now.

Also, ford has not fully recovered from the chip shortage and supply chain issues, it took nine months to get my second row heated seats in my explorer fixed.

Last edited:

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
The pandemic has a lot to do with it. Every corner of the workforce has been affected, from nurses and doctors in hospitals, to burger flippers at the local McNasty's, and technicians in the service dept in every dealership out there. I used to blame it on the free money the gov't was handing out but that stopped over a year ago. I can't explain why the workforce never came back in full force but they didn't and I don't think they ever will. This is our world now.
That’s exactly what I am trying to comprehend. The handouts have dried up and Covid is not impacting the work force availability. Our population did not decrease, a very large number of the deaths were way beyond retirement age. So how are these people making ends meet if they are not in the work force? Two years could not have made this much of an impact on the work force. Is it possible that Gen Z is overwhelmingly living in their parents house, eating free food, and playing video games instead of working? If that’s the case then our economic future will be in turmoil. Sometimes I feel like selling my car and buying a late 60s to early 70s car and taking care of it myself. The juice is getting harder to justify the squeeze. Even if you can get into the dealer the usual Bs of “could not replicate or functions as normal” gets old. Amazingly they can find the problem days after the warranty has expired……I work in an elementary school and almost 20% of them have some form of “diagnosed” issue that’s affords an accommodation in one way or another. I don’t think the “futures so bright that I gotta wear shades”. Sad, just sad.

Last edited:

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I don't understand it either, but this is not the place to discuss it in depth. I got my pee pee slapped before for getting into politics too much.

I just know that the workforce is not there like they were before covid. Even where I work. I live in the Cleveland area and it is one of the poorest big cities in the US and a 6 figure job is a godsend around here and no-one wants them. I'm scratching my head on this one.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
I’m intentionally leaving any hint of political affiliation out of this though we could easily connect the dots.

I’m trying to keep it directly related to the OP waiting a month to get their darn car looked at, and we know that’s usually the initial estimate and after they start looking it will take even longer.

Are they keeping the car the entire month before looking at it? Some dealers require that and leaving a car there for a month to be door dinged and bird droppings left on it is nuts.

I’ve been heavily debating my future in the work force as I’m retired and work to pay for toys like my car but once the toys cause frustration you start to wonder if it’s even worth it. I’ve been contemplating trading my car for a F150 but the amount of issues with the new cars is nuts. It seems well made but after 10 months I’ve only driven 2800 miles.

A 1966 Mustang would work nicely and I could do anything that it would require, finding a quality car at a fair price is the hard part.

Last edited:

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
3 weeks ago my explorer died at work one day and would not restart. Had it towed to the dealer and was found to have a dead cell in the battery. Got it back and two weeks later it died again, it's back at the dealer and they found a bad FPDM and now it sits at the dealer waiting on parts, been there a week so far. No idea when the parts will arrive so I'm using my mach 1 as a daily driver.

I avoid the local ford dealer, all my vehicles go to the lincoln dealer when they need warranty work. They seem to be more knowledgeable and get to my vehicles in a timely manner. Maybe OP needs to look into getting any warranty work done at his local lincoln dealer.

Sponsored

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
I don't understand it either, but this is not the place to discuss it in depth. I got my pee pee slapped before for getting into politics too much.

I just know that the workforce is not there like they were before covid. Even where I work. I live in the Cleveland area and it is one of the poorest big cities in the US and a 6 figure job is a godsend around here and no-one wants them. I'm scratching my head on this one.
It is easier to be paid to stay home and do playstation 5 all day.

GT-DM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Redd
Vehicle(s)
GT500 & other heaps
You cannot speak to this topic honestly w/o touching on the things everyone gets called a rant'r for now. People have been silenced quite well on line today.

They have even managed to silence an entire demographic in the country, in less than a decade. Any see the news out of Philly lately?? 🤔

Look up the statistics of how old kids are, on average, before leaving home today.
It's rather shocking if what I hear is true.
A generation of "gig" workers doing things from Uber to DoorDashing, along w/Walmart grocery hm delivery jobs. That's where the up & coming work force is at least ~16 to ~20hrs a wk nowadays.

Latest generation (when poled) wants to be TicTok & YouTube Influencers.
Thats the hot job market of today. If we still built things... like pipelines....,
there would be those ~$60 an hr jobs, w/per deim added, but no time to record & edit on those job sites, if "they "were to allow the work to be done at all.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I worked at a Ford dealer as a tech helper in heavy line department back in 2003. Let me tell you, I could see warranty work getting pushed to the end of the line because it doesn't pay much. This is not always the case, they are busy at times but I remember the tech always rushing me on warranty work because it dont pay much lol

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Latest generation (when poled) wants to be TicTok & YouTube Influencers.
Thats the hot job market of today. If we still built things... like pipelines....,
there would be those ~$60 an hr jobs, w/per deim added, but no time to record & edit on those job sites, if "they "were to allow the work to be done at all.
I'm all for pursuing your dreams, but at some point you need to wake up and realize it's not going to happen and you need to get a real job. Something like 1 in 50,000 actually make a living out of it, and even less make a good living at it. It's like all these high school kids wanting to make it in the NFL, there are a few dozen kids coming out of school every year from every high school in this country and maybe 15% go on to play college ball. Out of that maybe 2 or 3% actually make it to the NFL and half of those will never make it thru their first training camp and actually suit up for a regular season game, let alone actually play in that game.

EDIT- I just looked it up and out of these thousands of kids coming out of their local high school football program hoping for a chance in the NFL, if they do make the team and stay on the roster for the first regular season game, the average lifespan of an NFL career is 3.3 years.

Last edited:

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I'm all for pursuing your dreams, but at some point you need to wake up and realize it's not going to happen and you need to get a real job. Something like 1 in 50,000 actually make a living out of it, and even less make a good living at it. It's like all these high school kids wanting to make it in the NFL, there are a few dozen kids coming out of school every year from every high school in this country and maybe 15% go on to play college ball. Out of that maybe 2 or 3% actually make it to the NFL and half of those will never make it thru their first training camp and actually suit up for a regular season game, let alone actually play in that game.
Yep, should be a side job imo.
Sponsored