Sponsored

4G Modem Disabling Instructions:

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Julian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0t, 2008 Infiniti G35x
Thank you for all this good info. I have a '23 GT and reading thru the owners manual, that fuse is in location 8 also it mentiones to remove a "plastic key code card" .??. Anyone knows what that key card is B4 I start opening up panels?

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Thank you for all this good info. I have a '23 GT and reading thru the owners manual, that fuse is in location 8 also it mentiones to remove a "plastic key code card" .??. Anyone knows what that key card is B4 I start opening up panels?
Not sure, but I disabled my '22 using just the previously mentioned fuse. FordPass still shows me at the location where it was removed.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
It’s amazing what information you can get from LexisNexis. I used to use it a ton in my previous job, more so for business entity searches (basically the old Dun & Bradstreet searches if anyone is familiar). Every once in a while I would have to run insurance searches and it blew my mind how much info there is. Probably as much as our “smart” phones collect on us.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It’s amazing what information you can get from LexisNexis. I used to use it a ton in my previous job, more so for business entity searches (basically the old Dun & Bradstreet searches if anyone is familiar). Every once in a while I would have to run insurance searches and it blew my mind how much info there is. Probably as much as our “smart” phones collect on us.
Yes. And this is something that you are probably automatically enrolled in without anyone telling you about it. I don't recall anyone telling me about it. When I found out, I was furious. I pulled the plug on the whole damn thing and never looked back

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yes. And this is something that you are probably automatically enrolled in without anyone telling you about it. I don't recall anyone telling me about it. When I found out, I was furious. I pulled the plug on the whole damn thing and never looked back
Most likely. My car was built without the modem (I got a $20 credit! 🤭), so I guess I lucked out there. I haven’t dug any deeper to see if it’s truly not there or if they just say it’s not.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
And I would assume anyone buying an S650 (or any fully networked vehicle for that matter) have zero way of shutting anything off that transmits back to Ford. At least without potentially bricking your car

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
And I would assume anyone buying an S650 (or any fully networked vehicle for that matter) have zero way of shutting anything off that transmits back to Ford. At least without potentially bricking your car
on an s550, pulling the modem will not cause issues. If I read the codes, I will see that the modem listed, but it won't throw a CEL. It will just sit there in the background.

Sponsored

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Most likely. My car was built without the modem (I got a $20 credit! 🤭), so I guess I lucked out there. I haven’t dug any deeper to see if it’s truly not there or if they just say it’s not.
The production shortage modem and the one we are referencing are different things. The opt out one allowed mobile hotspot which I never knew was an option for Mustang. The other modem allows the sync connectivity and FordPass, you won't miss it when it's gone unless you love your FordPass app.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
on an s550, pulling the modem will not cause issues. If I read the codes, I will see that the modem listed, but it won't throw a CEL. It will just sit there in the background.
Correct, but with the new S650 being fully networked, will pulling the modem brick (or potentially brick) the car since it supposedly signals back to Ford that it’s been tampered with? I’m not an IT expert by any means so I have no idea if that impacts these fully networked cars at all. It very well may not, I just don’t know how everything is intertwined in the new cars (and maybe nobody really knows yet since they’re just starting to ship this week)

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The production shortage modem and the one we are referencing are different things. The opt out one allowed mobile hotspot which I never knew was an option for Mustang. The other modem allows the sync connectivity and FordPass, you won't miss it when it's gone unless you love your FordPass app.
Got it, I just assumed they were all the same. I don’t mind the FordPass app and honestly the amount of data that Apple, Google, etc collect I assume that anyone that wants any info from them can get it, including car manufacturers. So it’s just one more company collecting info about my habits so it is what it is to me. Probably not the right mindset but unless we go back to “dumb” phones, stop using credit cards, etc etc, there’s going to be info floating around out there about all of us.

@Tomster , I’m sure LexisNexis would’ve loved to see your Daytona speed from a few months back 🤭

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Got it, I just assumed they were all the same. I don’t mind the FordPass app and honestly the amount of data that Apple, Google, etc collect I assume that anyone that wants any info from them can get it, including car manufacturers. So it’s just one more company collecting info about my habits so it is what it is to me. Probably not the right mindset but unless we go back to “dumb” phones, stop using credit cards, etc etc, there’s going to be info floating around out there about all of us.

@Tomster , I’m sure LexisNexis would’ve loved to see your Daytona speed from a few months back 🤭
There was a story about a guy who was enrolled in the program. He had a track weekend and all of a sudden, his insurance company dropped him and his future quotes were almost impossible. He was enrolled in this sharing program and didn't know it.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
There was a story about a guy who was enrolled in the program. He had a track weekend and all of a sudden, his insurance company dropped him and his future quotes were almost impossible. He was enrolled in this sharing program and didn't know it.
That’s crazy. Assuming he had track insurance, you’d think that all the insurance companies would’ve seen that too…
Sponsored