Disabling Magnaride?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
First things first...

e375cd75c4ba53b832cfa200494b8b26.jpg

And probably not likely going to happen. The exhaust and drive mods have an integrated closed loop so if any part of the system has been cut out, the car will complain.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
I haven't but I find what you are doing to be very interesting.

How come? Can't wait to hear your thoughts and the benefits.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
KW suspensions make a Electronic Damping Cancellation Kit just not for our cars yet, I may have to go that route and modify them.
That's the problem, availability. It's already been done like with Kooks and ARH having triggers to replace the exhuast actuators. It's just who's doing it and can they fool the system into do what they want it to do. In the case of driving modes, just remember it's not going to be so easy as fooling an exhaust system into thinking open or closed. The drive modes affect throttle response, cam positioning, exhaust actuators, etc etc. Everything works as a whole in the case of the GT350.

Sponsored

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
:frusty:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I understand, the system already works for the Vette and Camaro, our magnaride system comes for the same company
That's like saying Brembo makes brakes for the Corvette Grand Sport and the GT350 so therefor, the brake systems themselves are easily interchangeable, logically. Not quite, there's way more to it. Our MagnEEEEEEEEEEride (:thumbsup:) systems come from the same supplier yes but the system controllers are a different spec with different functions and triggers. The shocks and magnetic controllers are only one piece to the entire car's electronic drive control system as a whole.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Has anyone figured a way to disable the Magnaride dampers without tripping the service light? I've tried pulling the fuses already.
I'm switching my R over to coilovers.
Thanks
Paul
Possibly a tuner could turn off the light. I'd ask around to find a good tuner locally and see if they can do it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mach4.6

Mach4.6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350R, 11' GT500, 07' GT500, 04' Mach 1
Possibly a tuner could turn off the light. I'd ask around to find a good tuner locally and see if they can do it.
Already tried that, this was Lund's response
"I am honestly not sure if we can get to that access in the tune. We feel its controlled by the BCM not the PCM. We dont believe any of it is controlled by the PCM and if not then we cannot shut it off. There may be a fuse for it somewhere on that car though"

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Huh ???

Why ???????

Is not the setup working for you ??

As Mr. Han said in EtD, "there were questions I needed to ask...."

OP
OP
Mach4.6

Mach4.6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=16326]nastang87xx[/MENTION]
That's like saying Brembo makes brakes for the Corvette Grand Sport and the GT350 so therefor, the brake systems themselves are easily interchangeable, logically. Not quite, there's way more to it. Our MagnEEEEEEEEEEride (:thumbsup:) systems come from the same supplier yes but the system controllers are a different spec with different functions and triggers. The shocks and magnetic controllers are only one piece to the entire car's electronic drive control system as a whole.
All the dampers are is a electromagnet, they run on 12 volts and the system varies the amperage on conditions. The fuse in only 30 amps, do I'm guessing each damper get less than 7 amps total? The delete kits are just a big resistor with a heat sink to dissipate the heat. That's all these MIL light delete kits are you just need to know the voltage/ohms/amps or watts to simulate the load to fool the computer

OP
OP
Mach4.6

Mach4.6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Huh ???

Why ???????

Is not the setup working for you ??

As Mr. Han said in EtD, "there were questions I needed to ask...."
Well I'm looking to gain performance, after talking to my suspension guy, and other National Championship drivers, the factory system has it's limitations and can't match a dedicated race damper.
I really wanted to make the magnaride work, but I have to agree this is the way to go, especially for AutoX
Sponsored