Sponsored

GT350R transport instructions

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
I've seen specific instructions for transporting a GT350R, but I'm having a hard time tracking it down...Anyone have them handy?
Thanks,
Steve
Sponsored

OP
OP

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
Thanks, but I'm not having the car towed, I'm having it transported in an enclosed hauler. There are specific instructions on how to have it hauled that I've seen that are not in the supplement.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Thanks, but I'm not having the car towed, I'm having it transported in an enclosed hauler. There are specific instructions on how to have it hauled that I've seen that are not in the supplement.
The only directions I know of are to NOT back the car onto the transport if it is on the upper row, and if on a truck/flatbed use the winch to pull it up. This same warning is on most, if not all manual cars.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
There is nothing special to have an R model transported on an enclosed car carrier subject to you using a reputable carrier.

Just drive your car onto the hydraulic lift gate and leave the rest up to your carrier to secure.

Most enclosed car carriers will use straps over the tires and not through the CF wheels but other than that nothing special to note.

I have transported a couple of R's numerous times without exception.

What enclosed auto carrier are you using?

:shrug:

Sponsored

OP
OP

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
Passport Transport. I seem to recall it's not supposed to be backed into the trailer at all, and it should be bottom row only, but I was not 100% sure.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Passport Transport. I seem to recall it's not supposed to be backed into the trailer at all, and it should be bottom row only, but I was not 100% sure.
I have not used Passport but they have a very good reputation so you will be good to go.

I cannot comprehend why a carrier would back your car onto a hydraulic lift gate so should not be an issue.

Transporting on a bottom or top row should make no difference on an enclosed carrier.

;)

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Most enclosed car carriers will use straps over the tires and not through the CF wheels but other than that nothing special to note.
I'll soon be transporting my new R on a fairly long haul - two days / 1000+ miles - in an enclosed single car trailer. Given the tight confines of the trailer and the low stance of the car, I was planning on using some new "through-the-wheel" straps with sheepskin protector sleeves to tie it down.

I also have a set of the "mini-T" hooks that fit into the slots in the front subframe - the type that are used to connect straps to the towing point that the manual recommends when winching the car into a trailer or onto a flat bed. I could figure out a way to attach the tie downs to those and secure them so that I could drive the car into the trailer and then strap it down, but the through-the-wheel idea is certainly a safer bet from a loading perspective.

Thoughts on durability of the finish on the CF wheels and my plans?

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
I have used Passport and everything went very smooth - granted not an R but I had similar questions. I do not think you need to worry much in the end.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853

Sponsored
OP
OP

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
Thanks, that's the info I was looking for. Funny, I've seen pics from some members in this forum who have had deliveries where the car was forward in the trailer, I'm assuming it's not that big a deal if it's not reverse...

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
I think that positioning is only valid for the open auto-hauler transports... i.e., the ones that bring the cars to-and-from rail yards and is due in part to the dramatic angles and snag hazards that are characteristic to those types of trailers.

Passport and similar haulers will use a flat load system for both the upper and lower deck, so those requirements are likely not an issue for their type of "premium" trailers.

OP
OP

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
Ya, you're probably right, that makes sense...I sent it to the shipper anyway

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I'll soon be transporting my new R on a fairly long haul - two days / 1000+ miles - in an enclosed single car trailer. Given the tight confines of the trailer and the low stance of the car, I was planning on using some new "through-the-wheel" straps with sheepskin protector sleeves to tie it down.

I also have a set of the "mini-T" hooks that fit into the slots in the front subframe - the type that are used to connect straps to the towing point that the manual recommends when winching the car into a trailer or onto a flat bed. I could figure out a way to attach the tie downs to those and secure them so that I could drive the car into the trailer and then strap it down, but the through-the-wheel idea is certainly a safer bet from a loading perspective.

Thoughts on durability of the finish on the CF wheels and my plans?
Chris, on one occasion I transported my Track Pack car ~200 miles whereby I had no choice but to go through the wheels and it worked out well but have not done that with an R model with CF wheels.

On the Track Pack car I supplied some towels folded over a couple times and placed them underneath the straps and made sure that the strap could not contact any part of the rim during transport.

On another note I have used Exotic Car Transport out of the Orlando area and they have done a terrific job for all of my cars in the past.

They are an enclosed car carrier and suggest that with them based down that way you may be able to get a good price coming out of Florida.

I have also used Reliable Transport out of Canton and they also do a terrific job as well.

Just some food for thought.

;)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I saved my spacers. I would consider jacking the car and installing the spacers to give a bit more clearance. Ford uses them for a reason
Sponsored