Sponsored

Disabling Magnaride?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Well I'm looking to gain performance, after talking to my suspension guy, and other National Championship drivers, the factory system has it's limitations and can't match a dedicated race damper.
I really wanted to make the magnaride work, but I have to agree this is the way to go, especially for AutoX
You sure you want to go down that route? You're going to most likely end up in SSM class. Good effin' luck. I'd say if you're not winning SS consistently or at least getting 2nd place, I would start with getting absolutely everything out of the car first.

Can the factory Magneride be improved upon? Sure I have no doubt. But I'd start with figuring out what's broke before fixing it.
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
[MENTION=16326]nastang87xx[/MENTION]

All the dampers are is a electromagnet, they run on 12 volts and the system varies the amperage on conditions. The fuse in only 30 amps, do I'm guessing each damper get less than 7 amps total? The delete kits are just a big resistor with a heat sink to dissipate the heat. That's all these MIL light delete kits are you just need to know the voltage/ohms/amps or watts to simulate the load to fool the computer
I'd maybe talk to @David@Borla as a start and see how they finagled their exhaust systems. I think that's still a little under complicated but maybe not.

OP
OP
Mach4.6

Mach4.6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350R, 11' GT500, 07' GT500, 04' Mach 1
You sure you want to go down that route? You're going to most likely end up in SSM class. Good effin' luck. I'd say if you're not winning SS consistently or at least getting 2nd place, I would start with getting absolutely everything out of the car first.

Can the factory Magneride be improved upon? Sure I have no doubt. But I'd start with figuring out what's broke before fixing it.
I run in CAM-C, and I do win, looking to take it up a notch.
I can figure out how to delete the magnaride, just looking for a plug and play solution first.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Huh ???

Why ???????

Is not the setup working for you ??

As Mr. Han said in EtD, "there were questions I needed to ask...."
The magneride system is great if you want a street car that can go very fast on the track, but for pure track performance its hard to beat a set of properly setup coilovers

OP
OP
Mach4.6

Mach4.6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
The magneride system is great if you want a street car that can go very fast on the track, but for pure track performance its hard to beat a set of properly setup coilovers
What he said! lol

Sponsored

BlkGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 GT86 Autox, 16 GT350 TP, 06 Civic Si TTD car
Not sure the GT350R is the right droid for CAM C. Me thinks starting with a $70k car that weighs 3800# is going to be a long uphill battle if??? people build true CAM C cars to the limits. Seen a lot of CAM C cars that get beat by FS raw time.

Peter

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Not sure the GT350R is the right droid for CAM C. Me thinks starting with a $70k car that weighs 3800# is going to be a long uphill battle if??? people build true CAM C cars to the limits. Seen a lot of CAM C cars that get beat by FS raw time.

Peter
E92 M3's and Alpha Camaro 1SS's are the ringers right now. A GT350R in rawest trim at 3655lbs does have an advantage to a degree but but holy hell is the classing not to your advantage. FS indexing is hilariously light in my opinion.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I win in CAM C. It's not impossible but I'm not exactly destroying anyone's hopes and dreams either. It's by no means "the car to have."

OP
OP
Mach4.6

Mach4.6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)

Peter
$70k did you get a discount? lol
In April at the CAM Challenge in San Diego, I weighed 3650, going to see how light I can get it, I don't think I can get to the min of 3200 but we will see?
Brett Madson in his Roush Mustang won Nationals in 2016, he is helping me with my build

OP
OP
Mach4.6

Mach4.6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
I win in CAM C. It's not impossible but I'm not exactly destroying anyone's hopes and dreams either. It's by no means "the car to have."
Well it's the car I have to work with, I could go to cars and coffee and "talk" about how fast it is. lol

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
$70k did you get a discount? lol
In April at the CAM Challenge in San Diego, I weighed 3650, going to see how light I can get it, I don't think I can get to the min of 3200 but we will see?
Brett Madson in his Roush Mustang won Nationals in 2016, he is helping me with my build
Did you do Toledo this year?

OP
OP
Mach4.6

Mach4.6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Did you do Toledo this year?
Nope, I got a wake up call in Crows landing this year, figured I'll get ready to hit it hard next year.
The main goal is the Optima Challenge in the future.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Has anyone figured a way to disable the Magnaride dampers without tripping the service light? I've tried pulling the fuses already.
I'm switching my R over to coilovers.
Thanks
Paul
Yes, you can, but you have to fool the control unit into thinking that the dampers are connected when they're actually on a shelf in your garage. To do that, you'll need a way to put resistors of the correct value and heat capacity across the wiring that runs the Magride dampers.

The problem with other solutions is that there are a number of systems in the vehicle that interact with the Magride controller. While the body control module is runs the show, the whole system includes a number of other modules. Trying to fool the system with rewritten as-built codes might work, or it might put you into the wall. I'd go with the resistor solution.