Sponsored

GT350 road encounter instructions

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
Coming home Friday night, I found myself next to a modified GT on a well trafficked 6 lane local highway (45 mph limit). As a newbie to road encounters, here are my instructions on how to handle such a meeting:

Step 1: Roll down windows to say "Hi" to GT driver
Step 2: Barely get "Hi" out of mouth before GT tilts backwards and roars ahead towards the car 30 feet in front of him
Step 3: Roll windows up and shake head
Step 4: Realize GT driver is now slowing down to say "Hi" again
Step 5: Repeat step 1
Step 6: Say "Hi" and tell other driver their car sounds good
Step 7: Listen to other driver say "Thanks so much" and describe long tube headers and something else before he decides to floor it again and you can't hear a damn thing as his car tilts backwards and he roars towards the car 30 feet in front of him
Step 8: Roll windows up and shake head
Step 9: Repeat step 4 and 5
Step 10: Other driver asks you to floor it
Step 11: Oblige. Downshift to second, accelerate briefly and then engine brake back down
Step 12: Listen to other driver say, "That sounds like no other Mustang ever... do you have cutouts?"
Step 13: Wave goodbye as road forks and cars go separate ways
Sponsored

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
Glad he didn't rear end the car 30 ft ahead of him. I'm probably a real boring and unresponsive driver to other Mustang owners. I figure too many are already risking damage to their car and others as is without any encouragement from me.

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
I may give them a nod or thumbs up, but beyond that I don’t engage, too many crazy drivers and roads to congested. When I see crazy drivers going fast and zig zagging I try to let them go by and give myself room Incase they hit someone and I don’t want to be part of that

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Last week. Pouring rain, traffic 101 freeway. 6:30pm at night. Pontiac G8 rolls by. He hears me downshift. He revs up. I oblige, revving up once. Figure cool nice, now back to being stuck in traffic.

He starts doing drag burnouts and launches—in pouring rain and stop and go traffic. I back up because I’m sure he’s going to cause an accident. He keeps slowing down, pulling by my window and repeating the same drag launches for about 2-3 mins. Must have did his burnout/launches 5-6 times. So yes, there are some crazy drivers out there and it’s best to just leave them alone because a lot of them see our cars and feel that they have something to prove. I’ve never had someone do something like that before, and I never want it to happen again because wtf?!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I very rarely get to see someone doing a burnout on the street. Actually I don't think I've ever seen it. You guys should feel lucky to live in areas where people have a little fun on the road. I feel like a hooligan if I just briefly step on the gas.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Sorry that happened to you. Downside of owning any kind of Mustang is contending with morons like that.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
I very rarely get to see someone doing a burnout on the street. Actually I don't think I've ever seen it. You guys should feel lucky to live in areas where people have a little fun on the road. I feel like a hooligan if I just briefly step on the gas.
Pretty sure if it happened to you in those circumstances (poring rain, stopped and go traffic, and night) that it would not have been fun. If he would’ve crashed into the car in front, people would’ve argued that I was involved because I revved my engine. So it could’ve gotten really messy. And the fact that we were in trafffic meant no changing lanes or getting clear. So that was not fun. It was pretty much at the mercy of his driving skills or lack there of.

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
I avoid these situations as much as possible, if it’s a limited access road have actually exited, or if not find a side road or parking lot to pull into, too many situations where this can end up bad!
Sponsored