2018 up GT on E85 come on in...

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I run it year around. What kind of starting problems to you have? Just fired mine up in 32 degree air temps. No change from how it runs versus summer. Who is your tuner?
I am not sure about where you live but here in Minnesota, E85 winter blend is more like E50. That helps with cold weather starts versus the E85 that we get in the summer.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zinc03svt

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I am not sure about where you live but here in Minnesota, E85 winter blend is more like E50. That helps with cold weather starts versus the E85 that we get in the summer.
For sure. In southern Missouri we have some stations @ E70. So I really do not notice much except that traction is worse. Power feels pretty good @ 32 degrees too. :).

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
For sure. In southern Missouri we have some stations @ E70. So I really do not notice much except that traction is worse. Power feels pretty good @ 32 degrees too. :).
I have no traction once it is below 40F. Spin spin!

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Alot of times when u switch to a e85 tune the first few starts when cold may be a little rough,but after the ecu learns the new fuel trims and trims for cold start the car should start up fine.It will take a few cold starts for the computer to learn.

NastyPumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Boosted Mustang GT
I have a full time E85 tune on my 2018. No issues, my tuner is Lido Lacobelli in Michigan he is a long. long time Mustang tuner.

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Getting mine done by Trevor at PBD. Runs pretty good so far still dialing it in.

No noticible hot start issues here, maybe a slightly different cold start but definitely no issues.

craigsix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I have yet to make the switch, the weather has been low 30s and I was nervous cause people have said they have experienced trouble with the car cranking when it is cold. I suppose I should just throw it in and see how it goes.

Thank you for sharing your experience, it puts me a bit at ease.
running e85 takes just a second longer than 93 to crank over.

TN GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium PP MT82
Vehicle Showcase
I had Lund tune my otherwise stock 19 with the Flex and E85R about 3 weeks ago and it certainly feels faster. I have been haunted by CELs off and on for misfires since before the tune but none stuck. The CEL locked on and generated a DTC just as I was about to flash and fill up with Ignite Red for the Flex baseline logging with misfires on cylinder 2 and 4. The flash cleared the DTC, although the history still shows it, and I have had one more episode with the CEL flashing but clearing without a DTC.

I switched back to stock and drove about 400 miles with no misfires so I plan to go back to the flex tune today.

OP
OP
Zinc03svt

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I have about 3800 miles on E85. Starts up fine in 30 degree air. Absolutely love the tune!

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
I had Lund tune my otherwise stock 19 with the Flex and E85R about 3 weeks ago and it certainly feels faster. I have been haunted by CELs off and on for misfires since before the tune but none stuck. The CEL locked on and generated a DTC just as I was about to flash and fill up with Ignite Red for the Flex baseline logging with misfires on cylinder 2 and 4. The flash cleared the DTC, although the history still shows it, and I have had one more episode with the CEL flashing but clearing without a DTC.

I switched back to stock and drove about 400 miles with no misfires so I plan to go back to the flex tune today.
I'm curious about your experiences between the straight E85R tune and the flex fuel. Is the slower timing ramp up noticeable?

Sponsored

TN GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium PP MT82
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious about your experiences between the straight E85R tune and the flex fuel
I haven't used the E85R but once when I initially logged. This is what Lund said about it:

"Your E85R tune is to be used ONLY with tested E85 (no fuel mix). You can NOT use this tune with 93. The E85 race tune will allow the same amount of maximum timing as your flex tune but has a more aggressive timing curve for more/better midrange power. You may not see a peak HP gain running the E85R tune over the flex tune with E85 in it."

I hope to experiment with it some in the future. The fuel around my area seems to be about 70-75% ethanol unless I buy the $9 per gallon stuff.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I need to take a road trip somewhere that has real e85 to see how my flex responds. Its strong on AZ fake flex fuel e54ish but would like to see what she can do on the good stuff. Still way better than out 91 though...

RBELUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT P1
Vehicle Showcase
I waited until I had 5000 before any breather mods. I went from stock P1 car to N/A bolt ons. I have 68 miles on Intake, headers, tune and E85...WOW this car is a beast. I didnt have car dynod stock but I did get a run in at 1/8 mile in stock form plus wife and tank of gas which ran 2.0 60ft 8.2 @90. I did get a dyno tune on 93 and E85 same dyno same day with the following mods JLT intake, Kooks catted headers stock resonator and active exhaust, PBD tune. Car put down 470/420 on 93 and 494/436 on E85.

I have E85 in car now to burn out tank and the things I've noticed are cold/warm starts are less crisp than stock. There is also some hunting in rpms when shifting between drive modes. D to S or Reverse to D. Lastly there is some part throttle hunting as well but I'm sure that will correct itself soon or will get corrected in a log a edit session.

Now for the FUN part....the E85 tune is a monster in S mode. The cars digs from the go and has spun tire on the 2/3 shift on dry pavement much like drag mode did in stock form. Under WOT It pulls and sounds sooo wonderful its beyond my capability to describe other than AWESOME. As soon as I can get dry pavement I'm going to switch to drag mode. I'm also planning on hitting the 1/4 in the up coming weeks.

dyno.jpeg

OP
OP
Zinc03svt

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I waited until I had 5000 before any breather mods. I went from stock P1 car to N/A bolt ons. I have 68 miles on Intake, headers, tune and E85...WOW this car is a beast. I didnt have car dynod stock but I did get a run in at 1/8 mile in stock form plus wife and tank of gas which ran 2.0 60ft 8.2 @90. I did get a dyno tune on 93 and E85 same dyno same day with the following mods JLT intake, Kooks catted headers stock resonator and active exhaust, PBD tune. Car put down 470/420 on 93 and 494/436 on E85.

I have E85 in car now to burn out tank and the things I've noticed are cold/warm starts are less crisp than stock. There is also some hunting in rpms when shifting between drive modes. D to S or Reverse to D. Lastly there is some part throttle hunting as well but I'm sure that will correct itself soon or will get corrected in a log a edit session.

Now for the FUN part....the E85 tune is a monster in S mode. The cars digs from the go and has spun tire on the 2/3 shift on dry pavement much like drag mode did in stock form. Under WOT It pulls and sounds sooo wonderful its beyond my capability to describe other than AWESOME. As soon as I can get dry pavement I'm going to switch to drag mode. I'm also planning on hitting the 1/4 in the up coming weeks.
Congrats. Simple solid mods and you have a 500 whp 302 n/a. Hard to beat imo.

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1

dyno.jpeg
Impressive. I hope to see more of these ~500whp dynos for the basic bolton cars. Is the dyno tune still through Palm Beach Dyno?
Sponsored