Sponsored

At what point do 2018s need upgraded injectors on e85?

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Just wondering at what HP level upgrading the injectors on 2018s is required for full e85? Anyone know?
Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Just wondering at what HP level upgrading the injectors on 2018s is required for full e85? Anyone know?
The injectors are fine as is for full bolt-ons and E85 on the 2018. You can even run mild boost, from what I have seen. I think you need to upgrade the fuel system once you are into higher boost levels.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Not sure on e85, but have heard around 625-650 whp range it is time to step up the port injector size.

Kompa_3rdgencoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang gt pp2
Hello fellas, just bought a ā€˜19 gen 3 coyote performance pack level 2 and i was wondering about injectors and e85 ..So basically. You donā€™t need to upgrade injectors for e85 just a tune? Is there anything else recommended to run e85 ? Thinking about getting a JLT cai to go with, what do you guys running e85 think ?

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
For 18-up, don't need anything other than a tune to run E85. The exhaust smells much better too. Once you break your E85 cherry, you will never want to go back to 93.

IMO, don't bother with the flex tune stuff. This is what I did. Order a 93 tune and an E85 tune. Get the 93 tune squared away first by providing logs and getting updates from your tuner. Once you are satisfied with the 93 tune, switch over to the E85 and work on it. My car only needed 1 revision for both tunes. Waiting to take my car to the track on the E85 tune and get some final logs on the strip but the car runs great with only 1 revision.

Sponsored

Kompa_3rdgencoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang gt pp2
Thanks for getting back so quickly . What handheld tuner do you Recommend? And also should you dyno tune ASAP or are you okay with those tunes after a revision ?

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for getting back so quickly . What handheld tuner do you Recommend? And also should you dyno tune ASAP or are you okay with those tunes after a revision ?
Everyone will have a million opinions but No matter what tuner you choose, I recommend the NGAUGE all the way. I mounted mine in my A/C vent and its out of the way with no visible cords but within easy view and reach to make changes or start datalogs, etc.

I was OK with the tunes as delivered. These guys have tuned hundreds of N/A cars on the dyno and will get you very close on the first try. You just follow the steps and record your datalogs (Idle, Step-Rev, and WOT) and send them back to your tuner and they will review the logs and send you a revision. Like I said, my car drives great with both my 93 tune and E85 tune with only 1 revision each. I have not dynoed my car but I may out of curiosity but will be going to the drag strip first to validate my tune based on trap speeds. I will also be logging my strip runs and sending them in for a final review. Then I might dyno it after any final revisions once I am happy with the strip performance (where it really matters).

Wiggs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Hello fellas, just bought a ā€˜19 gen 3 coyote performance pack level 2 and i was wondering about injectors and e85 ..So basically. You donā€™t need to upgrade injectors for e85 just a tune? Is there anything else recommended to run e85 ? Thinking about getting a JLT cai to go with, what do you guys running e85 think ?
I have a 19 as well, Lund tuned with nGauge with less than 500 miles. E85 wakes the car up down low big time with no other mods and they have the 18+ tuning very well dialed in.

Car now has an Edelbrock 2650 blower stage 3 kit which Lund requires return style fuel system and bigger injector (ID1050x for example)

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
Get a E85 tune from Lund, AED or PBD. They will sell you the tuning device that they recommend and send you the tune.
The tunes are pretty spot on and you most likely will not need to data log, since it's a very common basic NA E85 tune.
Save yourself the money and skip the CAI. Get a high low air filter in the stock air box and a catch can.
Once you go E85 you will not want to go back, it is addictive.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 19 as well, Lund tuned with nGauge with less than 500 miles. E85 wakes the car up down low big time with no other mods and they have the 18+ tuning very well dialed in.

Car now has an Edelbrock 2650 blower stage 3 kit which Lund requires return style fuel system and bigger injector (ID1050x for example)
God damn son. You went full send. Did you at least take the dealer plates off first?

Wiggs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
God damn son. You went full send. Did you at least take the dealer plates off first?
Lol got sucked in big time, said I was going to leave it tune only....made it to 2k miles before I had it ripped apart putting the blower and fuel system in it...
Sponsored