2018 Active Exhaust Install Guide

Rock50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
uqpjYkf.jpg

Just for the record.
Actually, higher, closer to the bumper. It would split from the plug with the green wires you see in your picture. Please see post #41 for the actual plug.

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, higher, closer to the bumper. It would split from the plug with the green wires you see in your picture. Please see post #41 for the actual plug.
#41 seems so long ago...

Hard to tell in that picture but after studying it I see where it's suppose to be. I told the wife about the active exhaust and she said she didn't want it. She wants it loud all the time.

I'll revise the picture later.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Just checked mine - you are right. it is higher.

Rock50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
#41 seems so long ago...

Hard to tell in that picture but after studying it I see where it's suppose to be. I told the wife about the active exhaust and she said she didn't want it. She wants it loud all the time.

Just have the active exhaust mufflers without the wiring, so far. One pipe (where valve is) is straight through on these, instead of having a few bends (like on the non-active muffler). Much louder. Basically always in track mode now.

Sponsored

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
#41 seems so long ago...

I like it loud too, but it is nice to be able to start it in the driveway in quiet mode and not wake the dead in the morning. I think my neighbors appreciate it more then I do lol.

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I like it loud too, but it is nice to be able to start it in the driveway in quiet mode and not wake the dead in the morning. I think my neighbors appreciate it more then I do lol.
I can't publish what she said about caring about what the neighbors might think. :blush:

Rock50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
WvlGT6o.png

Final chart. Still doesn't make any sense...

Mickeymeanie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Convertible - PP
I scoured through this thread to see if there was any rhyme or reason to the car configuration. There are some missing data points but the short answer is that so far I don't see any trend.

If you see your name here and want to add some more information just let me know, or corrections. If you don't see your name here and would like to add it to the list just post all of the below variables.

Active_Exhaust_Plug.png
I have stock radio, no safe and sound, no magnaride, yes on A10, no on digital dash. One thing you might add is convertible or not... Mine is a convertible...

Sponsored

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
With this sample set, although small there is no discernible trend I don’t see any point of collecting more data.

AnalogDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT – 6MT, 401A
Someone asked me for more info on my car:

No PP. Stock radio. No B&O. Yes Digital Dash.

I have a retrofitted active exhaust working.

Kind of bummed we're not able to find a pattern. The active exhaust is a really worthwhile upgrade and I wish Ford made it easier.

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Ford has zero incentive in making it easier. It’s $1000 from the factory and $500 in parts afterwards.

Rock50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Finally finished everything. Ended up soldering the wires I pulled to the connector that splits to the actuators. Had to do a little bit of creative work, trying to figure out how the three factory wires want to be routed to the exhaust. Everything works beautifully, active exhaust is awesome! Thanks to all the great people on this forum for doing the hard work and figuring it all out!

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
Finally finished everything. Ended up soldering the wires I pulled to the connector that splits to the actuators. Had to do a little bit of creative work, trying to figure out how the three factory wires want to be routed to the exhaust. Everything works beautifully, active exhaust is awesome! Thanks to all the great people on this forum for doing the hard work and figuring it all out!
Is your exhaust otherwise stock or are you running a resonator delete?
Sponsored