Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem w/ Corsa Act Ex
Bumped w/ updated post

Rodsaleen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT
I'm curious as well, what people with active exhaust (AE) have done or will be doing. I was excited to see what the aftermarket was going to do with the AE but when they started releasing them with these astronomical prices for me its not justifiable to pay $1300+ for a sound change and at most a 5 hp gain. For these type of prices you would think we could get some AE sound clips of their products. I spent that money on headers and my car sounds great but I still would like to do an aftermarket exhaust. I was considering MF but I see you have to buy their valve kit separately which is ridiculous. With that being said I've been looking at Flowmaster because they seem to be the most "affordable" but their American Thunder kit doesn't come with black tips but their Outlaw kit does. I'm torn because I have headers and all the negative reviews I've read about their Outlaw kits but that was on none AE cars. I'm thinking the AE should help out tremendously with the Outlaw kits but I'm scared to be a guinea pig.

Last edited:

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Have an H-pipe on the way as I don't feel these need anything else sound-wise with the active exhaust.

Does anybody know of any retailers that sell tip covers for the OEM exhausts? Like something that just slides over the existing ones (I'm not getting things welded)? It's impossible to keep the current ones looking shiny and untarnished and I'd like them to be black.

Bunch of stuff on eBay so I might take some measurements and see what I can get on there.

OP
OP
Madtwos

Madtwos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem w/ Corsa Act Ex
Thank you for adding that video. After having the stock exhaust, Corsa Exhaust, I will say that it almost isn't worth the price if you like the way the stock system sounds. My gripe is that the stock system looks like poop so I'd still advise on a mid pipe and maybe a cat delete or headers. Then get some custom tips.

I'm curious as well, what people with active exhaust (AE) have done or will be doing. I was excited to see what the aftermarket was going to do with the AE but when they started releasing them with these astronomical prices for me its not justifiable to pay $1300+ for a sound change and at most a 5 hp gain. For these type of prices you would think we could get some AE sound clips of their products. I spent that money on headers and my car sounds great but I still would like to do an aftermarket exhaust. I was considering MF but I see you have to buy their valve kit separately which is ridiculous. With that being said I've been looking at Flowmaster because they seem to be the most "affordable" but their American Thunder kit doesn't come with black tips but their Outlaw kit does. I'm torn because I have headers and all the negative reviews I've read about their Outlaw kits but that was on none AE cars. I'm thinking the AE should help out tremendously with the Outlaw kits but I'm scared to be a guinea pig.
Sponsored