Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
:doh:
Unfortunately, that dyno didn't have a weight scale... 4,400lbs..!

That is just plain sick..
4560 pounds let's not short it on any numbers lol

Gman11Gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
They are shooting for the moon here in weight aren't they!..lets just make it 5k pounds with 1k HP, nice even numbers.

jaja6009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No s550 yet :(
I wish Motortrend did these tests on a track. I dont street race I only goto the local strip. A timeslip would show alot of useful info.

And WOW tough crowd.. a car makes 635rwhp and and some still are not happy. Its handling numbers in the test were pretty good too for a large vehicle.

If I had one it would roll around on drag radials at all times. Motortrend did not get close to its 11.2 with the 8 speed auto, and said launching was rough. I cant wait to see one run at Atco raceway (a tiny bit above sea level) on a cool to cold november night with bigs and littles.

Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
$60,000

vs.

$32,000

What's OP's point?

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
So I Sat In A Hellcat Today

I was snapping some shot's of Cameron's TA2 Race winning Challenger, they actually finished 1-2. The other car usually driven TK was piloted by some guy named Tommy Archer ;) So I see this Black Challenger with very cool looking Bronze colored wheels and a couple guys looking at it with the hood open... Ok time to look I spy the supercharger and realize oh I know what this is. Mike who works for Chrysler, was in the Miller Motorsports camp and tried to convince me to cancel my Mustang order :lol: I have to say it's an impressive piece. This is a pre-production car, Mike was talking to a current '09 SRT owner who does track day events with it. Mike was speaking to how impressive the new 8spd is, then he says with a wink, "of course this one is a 6 speed. I'm not a paddle shift guy." I have to say I fit very nicely into this car. It's still two Mustangs...a lot of car but a lot of money.

To build this car they had to roll the rear quarter lips like BMW does, this process added a ton of cost to the car. Originally the engineers wanted 305's but got over ruled with 275's. During development they ran a test mule on a road course for a 24 hour durability test. He stated as a OEM they are so limited by what they can produce where as the aftermarket can do what ever they want so to sell a production car like this was a huge feat.

He also stated that although they can not prevent dealers from stupid MSRP mark-ups they do not get an additional allotment until they sell the one they have.

They are not limiting volume, if you order it they will build it.
365.jpg
363.jpg
364.jpg
369.jpg
366.jpg
368.jpg
370.jpg

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I think are sweet cars! Kudos to Dodge for building it.

Sponsored

Gman11Gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
It has the bad azz look nailed. If it wasn't such a battle ship carrier then a fighting plane, I would have been all over it.

4500lbs is quite ridiculous.

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
i know - old thread... but, starting a new one would not work to vent my frustrations with this topic, in that i would be instantly flamed by the entire M6G community.

<rant>I am hearing from all of my friends who are Dodge fans how the Hellcat blows the new Mustang GT away with its 707 HP.

I am getting 435 HP for around $32,000. the hellcat is coming in at, what, 60 grand? how are the cars even remotely comparable?

not only that, but, for twice the money, don't you think they would want twice the HP? why isn't the hellcat 870 HP?

seriously though, nice job making a 700+ HP engine, but, please.. please.. please, don't try to play as if it is in the same class as my GT, and tell me that Dodge came up with a "Mustang Killer". Take your $60,000 car and put it up against a $60,000 Vette and start seeing who can wizz farther.

</rant>

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
No one should underestimate the new Challengers! The 392 R/T's pull .94-.95 g's stock

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
i know - old thread... but, starting a new one would not work to vent my frustrations with this topic, in that i would be instantly flamed by the entire M6G community.

<rant>I am hearing from all of my friends who are Dodge fans how the Hellcat blows the new Mustang GT away with its 707 HP.

I am getting 435 HP for around $32,000. the hellcat is coming in at, what, 60 grand? how are the cars even remotely comparable?

not only that, but, for twice the money, don't you think they would want twice the HP? why isn't the hellcat 870 HP?

seriously though, nice job making a 700+ HP engine, but, please.. please.. please, don't try to play as if it is in the same class as my GT, and tell me that Dodge came up with a "Mustang Killer". Take your $60,000 car and put it up against a $60,000 Vette and start seeing who can wizz farther.

</rant>
It's an impressive piece in person. A friend had a hot lap in it around Lime Rock. As was mentioned, the car actually handles very well. My wife always pushed me in this direction until She realizes that my GT is 34K so once she learns how much any of the SRT product is she thinks my Mustang is a better choice ;)

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

</rant>
Response after you get your GT: okay, can I see your Hellcat?

In all seriousness, they're both great cars, but you're not going to resolve that conversation with logic.
Sponsored