Sponsored

2015 mustang vs Challenge Hellcat

S550_Magnetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium PP
i know - old thread... but, starting a new one would not work to vent my frustrations with this topic, in that i would be instantly flamed by the entire M6G community.

<rant>I am hearing from all of my friends who are Dodge fans how the Hellcat blows the new Mustang GT away with its 707 HP.

I am getting 435 HP for around $32,000. the hellcat is coming in at, what, 60 grand? how are the cars even remotely comparable?

not only that, but, for twice the money, don't you think they would want twice the HP? why isn't the hellcat 870 HP?

seriously though, nice job making a 700+ HP engine, but, please.. please.. please, don't try to play as if it is in the same class as my GT, and tell me that Dodge came up with a "Mustang Killer". Take your $60,000 car and put it up against a $60,000 Vette and start seeing who can wizz farther.

</rant>
Put another 30k into your mustang in aftermarket parts and see which car is more impressive then.

Sal JC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No one should underestimate the new Challengers! The 392 R/T's pull .94-.95 g's stock
Well for a base price of $39,490 it better be good.
That's cloth interior, halogen headlights, even remote start is part of the driver convenience group.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
The 392 R/T's have onboard G meters. A member of Challenger Talk took a shot of his and it recorded .94 without pushing the car to its limits.
Those on board apps are sorely inaccurate. They always have been. You seem to be on the wrong forum....though you bought an avenger so you must be a little lost already lol

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Those on board apps are sorely inaccurate. They always have been. You seem to be on the wrong forum....though you bought an avenger so you must be a little lost already lol
Meh..it was the responsible choice while I was in college and commuting 100 miles a day. I nearly bought a left over '14 GT but decided to wait

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Meh..it was the responsible choice while I was in college and commuting 100 miles a day. I nearly bought a left over '14 GT but decided to wait
Hell ramen and ketchup over buying a responsible car lol

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Well if anyone cares to hear, I had a '12 Challenger SRT8. It was nice to have for a bit but the novelty wore off quickly. I would sum up the experience of it as just driving a big car around. It didn't do anything well but look good (at certain angles) and cruise. It was moderately fast in a straight line but the car was otherwise very sloppy. The fit and finish was disappointing, not of the same level as my Boss 302. It just left me with a 'meh' feeling so I sold it.

The Hellcat imo is the same car but with a blower on it and a few hundred pounds of extra weight. When the next blown Mustang comes out it'll do much better than just cruise and look good. I wish they'd make a Mustang sized 'Cuda. They're leaving a lot of money on the table by waiting so long to get that car out.

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
Well if anyone cares to hear, I had a '12 Challenger SRT8. It was nice to have for a bit but the novelty wore off quickly. I would sum up the experience of it as just driving a big car around. It didn't do anything well but look good (at certain angles) and cruise. It was moderately fast in a straight line but the car was otherwise very sloppy. The fit and finish was disappointing, not of the same level as my Boss 302. It just left me with a 'meh' feeling so I sold it.

The Hellcat imo is the same car but with a blower on it and a few hundred pounds of extra weight. When the next blown Mustang comes out it'll do much better than just cruise and look good. I wish they'd make a Mustang sized 'Cuda. They're leaving a lot of money on the table by waiting so long to get that car out.
Funny I had the exact opposite experience with my 12 SRT8. Yes it didn’t feel as sporty as my 12 GT but it was never sloppy. It was a fantastic fast cruising vehicle. You would never know it packed a 12:40s ¼ mile punch. My car was Hemi Orange with Black stripes and drew a crowd wherever it went, but especially the drag strip as the 5.0 and SS crowd searched for bolt-ons.

Sponsored

FATTBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302
As I have mentioned on other boards, I spent the day with Chrysler engineers testing the Hellcat Charger at our track. In a few short weeks the car will be rolled out to the press here at our track in the mid-Atlantic area. The Hellcat we were to test had an issue and didn't come, but I did get wheel time in a '15 392 SRT Charger.

I asked about a 'Cuda. More specifically I insisted that we are all wanting one, but that it had to be in the 3500 to 3800 pound range like Mustang and Camaro. I also mentioned that I know it was a Plymouth nameplate, and that I did not see anything in the Chrysler or Fiat family platform wise in that weight range.

There was some pained looks as I talked and a sheepish admission that the topic had come up several times amongst the engineers and planners. The engineer I spoke with told me that I was on the right track about both the platform, and the Plymouth name. I could see the regret on their faces as they acknowledged it just probably almost definitely might not ever happen...

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
As I have mentioned on other boards, I spent the day with Chrysler engineers testing the Hellcat Charger at our track. In a few short weeks the car will be rolled out to the press here at our track in the mid-Atlantic area. The Hellcat we were to test had an issue and didn't come, but I did get wheel time in a '15 392 SRT Charger.

I asked about a 'Cuda. More specifically I insisted that we are all wanting one, but that it had to be in the 3500 to 3800 pound range like Mustang and Camaro. I also mentioned that I know it was a Plymouth nameplate, and that I did not see anything in the Chrysler or Fiat family platform wise in that weight range.

There was some pained looks as I talked and a sheepish admission that the topic had come up several times amongst the engineers and planners. The engineer I spoke with told me that I was on the right track about both the platform, and the Plymouth name. I could see the regret on their faces as they acknowledged it just probably almost definitely might not ever happen...
What I've heard is that they're working with the Maserati Ghibli chassis for a potential upcoming 'Cuda. It's been so long however, what the hell are they waiting for? They missed a huge opportunity not having something to contend with the S550
Sponsored