Sponsored

2015 mustang vs Challenge Hellcat

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Power means nothing unless you can put it to the ground. That being said, I have a real hard time launching my 2013 GT and getting near the 4.4s "as tested" pace to 60mph in an A/T with standard gears (even with traction control on). Best I've done so far is 4.8.
Stock tires? Im getting 4.4 with 275/40/19's with SVE drift wheels. Stock tires are garbage.
Sponsored

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Stock tires? Im getting 4.4 with 275/40/19's with SVE drift wheels. Stock tires are garbage.
Yup, the stock 235/45/18's. P-zero (traction) nero's.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Looks like it might come down to a drivers race between the Hellcat and the 2015 GT...lol
I think I responded to this in another thread the same way. 0-60 it will be close but after that it should be all Hellcat pulling away. It will trap about 10 mph faster in the quarter and if we are running a standing mile it should be a runaway.

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
I think I responded to this in another thread the same way. 0-60 it will be close but after that it should be all Hellcat pulling away. It will trap about 10 mph faster in the quarter and if we are running a standing mile it should be a runaway.
Once the hellcat gets traction its adios pulling bus lengths....

Sponsored

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Man those are such tiny tires for a 420 HP car. And I thought my 255s were bad...
Yup. It was one of those upgrades that I never got around to doing. I spent a bunch on suspension mods, exhaust and CAI. That's one of the reasons I'm excited about the 2015 GT + PP I ordered. 275's in the rear should make it feel quite a bit better/faster on launches.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
The only reason these guys can't hardly get under 4.5s is, because the don't have a big enough mullet..!

:doh:

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
The only reason these guys can't hardly get under 4.5s is, because the don't have a big enough mullet..!

That really doesn't apply any more.

Now its more like Hawaiian shirt and AARP card.

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
That really doesn't apply any more.

Now its more like Hawaiin shirt and AARP card.

Don't forget that next Friday is Hawaiian shirt day...so if you want to wear a Hawaiian shirt and drive your hellcat then go ahead and do so...

Edit: sorry, couldn't resist...first thing I thought of when u said Hawaiian shirt. :-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.

Don't forget that next Friday is Hawaiian shirt day...so if you want to wear a Hawaiian shirt and drive your hellcat then go ahead and do so...

Edit: sorry, couldn't resist...first thing I thought of when u said Hawaiian shirt. :-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No problem one of my top favorite movies. :)

I may have left out cell phone holder attached to the belt as well. ;)

Sponsored

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
I think it will be an awesome car regardless of time, but if you are going to say it runs 11.2 stock, then at least 40% of drivers should be able to go to a track and run 11.2.

I don't see it happening.

Can't wait till they spend 70K, go to the track and get it handed to them by a GT500...lol

NHRA certified? What does that really mean? I suppose it means that the car Dodge brought them that day ran a 11.2. I imagine they are certifying that the time they ran that day with THAT car is accurate and has nothing to do with certifying ever Production Hellcat that comes out will run 11.2 nor that the car was actually 100% stock. I mean really, how can they certify that the car was stock and that the tune or some other aspect won't be altered before production?
I got a good laugh out of this one considering all my trips to the track I have yet to see a 100% stock (yes this means stock tires) 500 run any better than 11:85, most were in the low 12s. Again not mag times, not hero times, not downhill track times, not stock but DR's times, just average Fri & Sat night steet nights.

GMAN6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Focus
I got a good laugh out of this one considering all my trips to the track I have yet to see a 100% stock (yes this means stock tires) 500 run any better than 11:85, most were in the low 12s. Again not mag times, not hero times, not downhill track times, not stock but DR's times, just average Fri & Sat night steet nights.
Exactly!

GT500 low 12's high 11's.
So the Hellcat with lower power to weight ratio mid 12's low 12's.

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
One thing I didn't notice anyone talk about is the Challenger's adjustable suspension. IRS is a huge step forward for mustang, but I would like to see suspension that can be electronically adjusted inside the cabin.

Sure it's a convenience factor, but if I'm spending $40k on a premium GT, I would like the option to flip between a street cruiser and a beast handling track curves with a simple flick of the toggle switch.

jaja6009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No s550 yet :(
Motortrend just dynoed a Hellcat on K&N's dyno (Not sure if its a Mustang or Dynojet) and got 635rwhp and 591 rwtq!!!!
Thats just plain SICK.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Motortrend just dynoed a Hellcat on K&N's dyno (Not sure if its a Mustang or Dynojet) and got 635rwhp and 591 rwtq!!!!
Thats just plain SICK.

Unfortunately, that dyno didn't have a weight scale... 4,400lbs..!

That is just plain sick..
Sponsored