700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
So I normally don't post in this section and don't get around to running the car often, so first and foremost please spare me about street racing and blah, blah, blah. The only time I run my car on the street is when there are absolutely zero cars on the road and I don't weave in and out of traffic. With that being said I got the chance to run my buddies Hellcat a few times and this is how it turned out.

Last week myself and another forum member with a Procharged GT, along with an 07 GT500 pushing 650 to the wheels had a few runs with my buddies Challenger Hellcat with some mixed results. The one good run we had I destroyed the Hellcat, but he "claims" he wasn't pushing it. I think it's just hurt feelings but we decided to run again to put this to bed. So this morning after we both got off of work at 7am we took it out on the interstate for some friendly fun, just myself and the Hellcat. We ran two solid runs starting at 60. I should mention that he has a manual as well. The first run he started at about a half car length ahead of me and I subsequently caught him and put bus lengths on him. The second run we ran again from 60 but this time I honked it off. I honestly left him like he was standing still and again I was bus lengths ahead. I actually forgot to turn TC off too. It was a lot of fun but something tells me I should not be as far ahead of him as I am. Maybe he needs the driver mod or maybe my car is just that much faster than his. Thoughts? I have not dynoed my car yet, which I am actually doing Monday, so I have no solid numbers to provide you with. Mods are in my sig.

I apologize that there's no video to back this up, but I promise you the results are just like I said and he did not miss any shifts.

Mike
Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
You are making what...620hp at the crank prob? Driver weight not considered, the Hellcat has about 500-600lb weight disadvantage vs. S550. That eats up the Cat's 100hp on ya. Assuming his Cat is showroom.

The Cat a manual or 8-speed auto?

Either way, I will call driver mod as you should not be putting "bus lengths" on that car. With tires they can run 10's fairly easy in the 1/4.

dcasandman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS Premium 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.