Sponsored

2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Internet bench racing incorporated (IBRC) replies that Zed L ones are 97.8% likely to not break 12 seconds. Unless Al O does Enron style accounting.

IBRC also agrees Zed L one likely to best the challenger
Yes I would agree there aren't a lot of ZL1s (maybe that 2.2%) that can knock off high 11's stock. I've seen a couple of YouTube vids of runs of ones clicking 11.9s. I see there are small handful on Camaro5.com as well. I haven't had the privilege of seeing a ZL1 or Challenger 392 run down the 1/4 mile as my local track is an 1/8 mile track and I race and watch only once or twice a year there max.

All I can say is if someone offered me a choice in a 1/4 mile race between a stock automatic ZL1 and a stock automatic Challenger 392 I'd pick the ZL1 every time. And I'm not trying to knock the 392 either. I think its a fantastic engine for what it is. I just wish it wasn't saddled with such a heavy vehicle.

Back to the topic. I think the Hellcat will be cool. It will be WAY out of my price range though. Will be cool to see Fords response for the upcoming GT350. :)
Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Bring it Fiat!

trolls56

Threads
Reaction score
I lost all respect for Challenger the day an RT tried to race me in my Raptor. My Raptor was on its economy tune and we stayed door to door until I hit 100 and it shut down. Pretty said Dodge. If my Raptor would have been on the performance tune would have beat it. To me the Challenger looks very out dated now too.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Rumor is that it will be unveiled at Detroit in a week. Has anyone been interested in this car and following news about it?

How do we think it'll stack up?

I think it will stack up to about 4,300lbs...

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
I think it will stack up to about 4,300lbs...
Funny yet probably right on the money as well. It will be one heavy coupe.

Sponsored

RedRex06

Threads
Reaction score
I've always thought the Challenger looks like its clay model fell off the table and squished the nose, but the architect just got rid of the creases and didn't re-lengthen it. I understand it is the most "accurate" of the retro-mobiles we have nowadays, but it just doesn't do anything for me. A civilian i work with just bought a really nice silver/striped 2013 model R/T, and I don't have the heart to tell him his hood stripes are misaligned... you can't unsee that shit!

2nazty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500 & 2008 GT/CS Shelby clone
new challenger "hellcat" is not that different from current, a few new hoods, slightly different tail light and slightly different front fascia, trust me I have seen the preproduction models as I work at the plant building them not impressed at all

no one knows finally tally on HP because final tune not completed yet, fanboys in the plant claiming 715Hp which I doubt, I estimate round 600Hp at crank in final form, interior was updated too, car should weigh a bit more than the current SRT8, I don't think it will be much competition for a GT500

2nazty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
hellcat

Rumor is that it will be unveiled at Detroit in a week. Has anyone been interested in this car and following news about it?

How do we think it'll stack up?
No competition LOL

and reason no official unveiling is they are still trying to nail down a liveable tune

one person at the plant that saw it run in the test cell said it was so gas consumptive it went through 20L of fuel in 10 mins of idling which is horrible, they want to tune it to exceed the GT500's 662Hp but I believe they wont be able to achieve that, Im guessing that the final HP will be around 600Hp at the crank

the new SRT hell cat hood looks like something that belongs on a rice rocket and not a muscle car LOL WAY too many scoops cut into it

new charger is on the way too which will also have the hellcat engine as an option

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
new challenger "hellcat" is not that different from current, a few new hoods, slightly different tail light and slightly different front fascia, trust me I have seen the preproduction models as I work at the plant building them not impressed at all

no one knows finally tally on HP because final tune not completed yet, fanboys in the plant claiming 715Hp which I doubt, I estimate round 600Hp at crank in final form, interior was updated too, car should weigh a bit more than the current SRT8, I don't think it will be much competition for a GT500
I like the Challenger but it no longer really competes with the GT500 and Camaro. Throwing horsepower at the Challenger doesn't solve the fact it is a pig.

Did you hear anything new about the Charger? Is it revised for 2015?

2nazty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
new Charger

I like the Challenger but it no longer really competes with the GT500 and Camaro. Throwing horsepower at the Challenger doesn't solve the fact it is a pig.

Did you hear anything new about the Charger? Is it revised for 2015?
Charger is getting a slight re-do as well, we just finished building the pilots for the LA program challengers, next is the Charger, it will be offered with the hellcat engine as well, one of the engineers described it as looking similar to a dodge dart but bigger :thumbdown:

Sponsored

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Charger is getting a slight re-do as well, we just finished building the pilots for the LA program challengers, next is the Charger, it will be offered with the hellcat engine as well, one of the engineers described it as looking similar to a dodge dart but bigger :thumbdown:
Is Chrysler going to offer both the hellcat and the n/a SRT engines?

and boooooooo at it looking like a Dart.

2nazty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
Is Chrysler going to offer both the hellcat and the n/a SRT engines?

and boooooooo at it looking like a Dart.
yep supercharged engine is an option, the N/A hemis are also available

OP
OP
Lavien

Lavien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
[ame]

Until they redesign the car and down size it a little I won't even look at this car.

It looks like my truck out on the roads.