1st Delivery

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
To all of you bitching about Austin, here are some facts...

He got this car despite being a YouTube. He gets nothing free from ford and has no special privileges. Those people with special privileges have October cars. And we all know what's happening with those. He originally ordered a fully specced Track Pack but it wasn't due till spring so he spent hours and hours calling every dealership in the country and put deposits down on several to try to make sure he got one of the early cars. Because that's his job. To get a car to create content for his channel. He then flew himself out to MI (from CA) to take delivery.

We know each other well and no one is more surprised then he is. We expected mine to come way sooner. My Track Pack is number 0199 (an October build) and Ford are holding these indefinitely with no explanation. This sucks and is incredibly annoying. But that has nothing to do with Austin getting his car.

As to how he pays for it? No idea. I know he works his ass off creating content and is a total Ford/Shelby enthusiast. He is a great driver and tracks his cars regularly and will be tracking the GT500.

Love his channel or not, attacking him personally because you're upset your car hasn't arrived or you can't afford one is not an adult or humane thing to do.

So let's focus on getting an answer from Ford as to where our October cars are!

Cheers all.
I watched both videos ( the one by Speed Phenom and the one made by the dealership). I actually enjoyed both very much. It truly doesn't bother me in the least how he got the car or how he paid for it. I say good for him and Iam happy that he is happy. I have never been envious of other people's success as I just try to learn by how they achieve it. I learned several things on the 2 videos. 1. The lead salesman said he wanted to make sure that the "suspension blocks" were removed. 2. I found it interesting how he closed the trunk. 3. I found it interesting how to operate the hood pins, my only question would be is should you pop them at the same time or does it not really matter??? If you're by yourself like me then that would present a problem. My last 6 or 7 muscle cars have all been Jet Black and that is the best color by far but because Iam now getting older I went with the Race Red and Black Dual Stripes. You just can't keep a black car clean no matter how hard you try. Hope this finds all you guys doing well.
Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
I’d rather Brooks from DragTimes got the 1st one.... he’d have it at PBIR already.
He has great video content and has a passion for all things fast.

93_SVT_3503

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2013 King Ranch Expedition, 1967 Ford Bronco half-cab, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 1967 F250 Highboy
I'm pretty sure the dealership contacted him after they found out from their sales rep that they would be getting one of the first cars. They then bargained on an ADM that would satisfy him, and also get their dealership their free nationwide 5 minutes of fame thru his social media. He might have done some legwork to find one, but I'm betting Lasco served this one up on a silver platter for the recognition, instead of a giant ADM from someone else, which will also pay out in the long run in this social media fueled world we live in.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I'm pretty sure the dealership contacted him after they found out from their sales rep that they would be getting one of the first cars
100% certain or not?

bendensez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brendan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I'm pretty sure the dealership contacted him after they found out from their sales rep that they would be getting one of the first cars. They then bargained on an ADM that would satisfy him, and also get their dealership their free nationwide 5 minutes of fame thru his social media. He might have done some legwork to find one, but I'm betting Lasco served this one up on a silver platter for the recognition, instead of a giant ADM from someone else, which will also pay out in the long run in this social media fueled world we live in.
I had posted earlier that I knew this dealership. I think you are right on the money. No way this dealer sells one with low ADM without getting something out of it.

Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
This just kills me. I have worked my balls off for this car. I work hundred of OT hours in a year to try and save, while providing for my wife and 4 kids. This is how Ford treats their loyal, and faithful customers? I will never forget this experience.
I thought you were done making any more comments according to your second post in this thread. You seem really bent over something so trivial. Be glad you have a means to even place an order and buy one.

I've been an oval man my whole life like you, and I am certain as long if not longer than you, as I am a first year gen x-er. But being such only makes me loyal to Ford, it doesn't entitle me to any special treatment, nor does being Ford loyal give you any distinctive privileges or entitlement. It only makes each of us repeat customers...nothing more.

I congratulate you for being able to own such a nice vehicle as I do the 19 year old who merely happened to be a lucky winner in the proverbial GENE POOL by being born into money. Your getting your panties in a twist over nothing you have control over. You need to read OUTLIERS by Malcom Gladwell. It may help you with your hangup.

BTW - KUDOS to your wife and kids for supporting you through this endeavor as they have sacrificed the most being without a father and husband all those nights you were working every hour of OT to make this dream possible. They are the real hero's in this story. They should each receive a saint hood for their sacrifice.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
UgStang: I'm wondering, do you charge for therapy by the hour or word?

Leave Jaime alone. He's a stand-up guy who would never dis a member as you did.

Give it a rest, PhD.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Last edited:

93_SVT_3503

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2013 King Ranch Expedition, 1967 Ford Bronco half-cab, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 1967 F250 Highboy
100% certain or not?
No, just going with the most obvious, standard trickle down social media popularity coattail network. They're looking at tens of thousands of views in 'free' publicity that they can make a few extra sales, thus make up the markup loss on that GT500.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
No, just going with the most obvious, standard trickle down social media popularity coattail network. They're looking at tens of thousands of views in 'free' publicity that they can make a few extra sales, thus make up the markup loss on that GT500.
Agreed. A fool would think otherwise. I guess there is nothing more to discuss here. Ford decides who gets what and when. Kind of like the GT. So many people that I know that should have gotten one, but didn't because largely in part to social media and celebs. I feel bad for those folks. One guy in particular who is a member here should have had one, but, well, Dearborn politics. Done.

Sponsored

OH5GT 2 S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang Convertible, 2017 BMW X5, 2017 F150
TLDR but stop watching their youtube videos and save your sanity.

BTW, M6G, if you continue to perpetuate and promote these types of people as news, you're going to lose a lot of members. We're here for Mustangs, not twat waffle rich kids and their spoiled lifestyles.

@Twin Turbo
@Moderator
Deuces!!!

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Used to be if you were willing to pay an ADM (which to me is ridiculous) you got "the car". Now not only do you need to pay an ADM but you need to have a Youtube channel. I mean how could you possibly be a Ford enthusiast without having your own Youtube channel bowing to
Agreed. A fool would think otherwise. I guess there is nothing more to discuss here. Ford decides who gets what and when. Kind of like the GT. So many people that I know that should have gotten one, but didn't because largely in part to social media and celebs. I feel bad for those folks. One guy in particular who is a member here should have had one, but, well, Dearborn politics. Done.
It's been that way for a long time. Makes no sense. Bottom line is the performance cars from Ford probably don't figure much into the overall profits. Buying one is a major project, service is always a crap shoot. You want an F150, no problem. Now with the electric (oh yea, the service guys will know what to do with them!) Mustang SUV?

I mean if you were going to make an electric "Mustang" you couldn't make it a 2 seat complete rocket sports car? An SUV? Amazing.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
That;'s #241. Speed Phenom is 293. I know there's little rhyme or reason to it but...just saying.

Norklin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10
I am fine with him getting a car. I am fine with how he got a car. I am fine with what he does for a "living". I really do not have a problem with the kid at all. As a matter of fact, watching him in the dealers video I was happy for him.

I do not know what he paid, however some here say he paid ADM.

What this is coming down to is luck of the draw for the rest of us. It seems there is a rail delivery issue. Apparently the only cars delivered were OTR deliveries. This explains SOME of the issues, if it is indeed valid. However, there are guys here who live close enough to get OTR delivery, and still have not. Their cars have dropped off the tracking radar. There have been MANY mistakes by Ford throughout this process, and there are MANY people who's orders have not even been pulled. The frustration is real.
You don't have a problem with him or what he does for a living but you quoted the word living as what he doesn't isn't a real job lol?

Your whining has been very comical through this thread.
Sponsored