jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
Can someone explain why'd you want to remove the rain tray? Does it look better? Improve performance?
Unless on track, no other reason than it looks good, you can see the SC’er siting under there

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I figured as much and like many on here, their GT500 won’t be daily drivers and likely won’t see any rain. I’m not sure a quick removal is going to be in high demand. Especially if the removal only requires a few screws to be removed.
Creating a solution to a non-problem?

I’ve only seen one video of the install and it does not appear to be complicated nor take more than 10 minutes tops.

How many issues will running with out it if you get caught in the rain really going to cause?

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
simple answer - increased airflow allows the cooling system to exchange more heat keeping the temps in range.

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I figured as much and like many on here, their GT500 won’t be daily drivers and likely won’t see any rain. I’m not sure a quick removal is going to be in high demand. Especially if the removal only requires a few screws to be removed.

I’ve only seen one video of the install and it does not appear to be complicated nor take more than 10 minutes tops.

How many issues will running with out it if you get caught in the rain really going to cause?
rai

n on the engine can cause corrosion in areas, make a general mess of things and cause issues with various pulleys and belts, not the least of which is the supercharger pulley, which loves to make one of the most annoying, extremely loud screeching sounds when wet.

OP
OP
jwhite

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I like the quick bolt solution, trust me @Houston Kid its a pain in the ass to put in and take out. It’s a dedicated tool you now carry with you. It is only 10 min after you get everything around. It does have alignment pins that hold it some what in place but it’s almost a 2 man job as to not drop it. It’s a fairly big piece you must align in the center of the hood while stretching across your fender and or you bumper cover.
Sponsored