Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
When I took delivery of my '14 and drove it off the lot, I thought I had received a faulty vehicle as it had very little power. That's when I learned about "delivery mode" or whatever they call it.

Question is, does anyone know or do you expect the same to be true with the 2020? Obviously, if it does, I won't be surprised this time but I'm just curious (and bored.)
Sponsored

Deleted member 35644

I think even the every-day econobox comes off the train / truck with this feature activated. Limped engine, and "Delivery Mode" (or something similar) displaying in the gauges. Deactivating it is supposed to be part of the PDI, which makes you wonder what else they forgot to check.

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
CB: Thanks for the additional info and I didn't know about the "delivery mode" in other vehicles. Most importantly, I didn't know it was part of the PDI. Who knows what they missed but nothing ever happened and the delivery mode went away even before I got to the house. Needless to say, I was both happy AND astonished at the power. It had been many years since I'd been behind the wheel of a muscle car and it most assuredly took me by surprise even though I THOUGHT I was ready for it.

I won't make that mistake this time. :-)

Thanks again..

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Dang Forum software is obscurring my latest girl! :-) Don't y'all think that the green circle is enough of an indicator or maybe I'm the only one who sees the blue banner with white "OP" in it.

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
Dang Forum software is obscurring my latest girl! :-) Don't y'all think that the green circle is enough of an indicator or maybe I'm the only one who sees the blue banner with white "OP" in it.
The original poster of the current thread gets the blue banner. And yes, we see it and it is obscuring her gorgeous face a bit.

We don't mind you posting based on your boredom. It means we get to look at your pictures more to pass the time as we all await the arrival of our new beasts!

Sponsored

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
It means we get to look at your pictures more to pass the time as we all await the arrival of our new beasts!
Thanks for letting me know about the "blue banner," I will work at keeping the ladies from being covered.

Meanwhile, I am quite happy to help with that endeavor, Chill. ;-) (MOF, I have already updated this one SIX TIMES! <laughing> And now I have to make it seven to get her from under the banner.)

Last edited:

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
When I took delivery of my '14 and drove it off the lot, I thought I had received a faulty vehicle as it had very little power. That's when I learned about "delivery mode" or whatever they call it.

Question is, does anyone know or do you expect the same to be true with the 2020? Obviously, if it does, I won't be surprised this time but I'm just curious (and bored.)
Thank You very much for this post. I had not heard of "Delivery Mode" until your post. I made myself a note and will make sure the dealer gets it out of delivery mode before I take delivery. Thank You again.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
When I get my CFTP, I plan to leave it in shipping mode until the Xpel work is done. My dealership has told me they would do that for me and instruct me as to how to take it out of shipping mode. It would be nice to be able to put it in and out yourself, but I was told once you take it out of shipping mode, it is like that forever.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
The 2013 GT500 Owners Manual Supplement mentions the alternate calibration mode, and I was pretty unhappy when I found out my salesman shut it off. I was really looking forward to the personality change on the ride home. This was almost as bad as him opening my Owners manual package so he could put his business card in the zippered case.

They put it in this mode so the people that have to drive the car before you, won't abuse the car or hurt themselves when loading it on to and off of the transportation vehicles.

Alternate calibration

Your Shelby GT500 power train control module (PCM) strategy contains a feature to limit supercharger boost pressure and engine speed to 4,000 rpm for the first five consecutive miles of vehicle operation or 50
engine start/warm up cycles. This feature is enabled prior to shipment. If neither of these conditions have been satisfied prior to customer delivery, full power will not be available.

Sponsored
OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Earl: You were reading my mind as knowing about the mode now, makes me want to do exactly that, feel the change. Maybe I'll ask the mechs not to disable it.

And, thanks, amigo.

Last edited:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Hell yeah, mine will stay in delivery mode because I am having it transported in an enclosed trailer directly to the PPF shop, then to my house. Then, and only then will it come out of delivery mode. All I can see in my head is images of Ferris Bueller's day off!

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Jaime: For a change, I have some good fortune by having one of my closest friends be his own, one-,man Xpel shop. I'll take her out there that first week if Mother Nature cooperates but the big hold up may or may not be the Xpel patterns. My friend has seen them lag behind on different new models in the past.

Anyway, when I FINALLY decide what I'm going to cover, hopefully they'll be available and he and I can do the car. PPF is all about attention to detail with your best effort to make it invisible...everywhere. That is a tough goal to achieve but my bud is as good as they come at laying down film. Heck, he does custom pieces all the time, by hand, and the results are exceptional. I didn't know much about wrap until recently but having now seen someone apply it, I know why there are so many shops...it's pretty much easy as pie and way, way, WAY easier to apply and, much more forgiving than film.

That said, I admire your attention to detail with the enclosed trailer to the PPF shop. That is first class, amigo. :-)

Of course we'll want shots of the car and, closeups of the film (edges). :-) I truly hope you like the way the film looks on the vinyl..I have my fingers crossed for ya. Then again, knowing you, you may already have had that experience with a previous PPF'd Shelby.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Jaime: For a change, I have some good fortune by having one of my closest friends be his own, one-,man Xpel shop. I'll take her out there that first week if Mother Nature cooperates but the big hold up may or may not be the Xpel patterns. My friend has seen them lag behind on different new models in the past.

Anyway, when I FINALLY decide what I'm going to cover, hopefully they'll be available and he and I can do the car. PPF is all about attention to detail with your best effort to make it invisible...everywhere. That is a tough goal to achieve but my bud is as good as they come at laying down film. Heck, he does custom pieces all the time, by hand, and the results are exceptional. I didn't know much about wrap until recently but having now seen someone apply it, I know why there are so many shops...it's pretty much easy as pie and way, way, WAY easier to apply and, much more forgiving than film.

That said, I admire your attention to detail with the enclosed trailer to the PPF shop. That is first class, amigo. :-)

Of course we'll want shots of the car and, closeups of the film (edges). :-) I truly hope you like the way the film looks on the vinyl..I have my fingers crossed for ya. Then again, knowing you, you may already have had that experience with a previous PPF'd Shelby.
You are very luck Kent, to have a buddy in the industry. This will be my first car having PPF, and my first Shelby. I have heard both sides of the story, but I am going with a full one piece hood wrap, over the stripes and all. I am not overly concerned with the slight air gap at the vinyl stripe/paint edge. I feel I would rather have this compared to multiple pieces. I would rather not have to worry about grit and grime getting in the seams of the multiple pieces, and most importantly the possible lifting of the seams of the multiple pieces. I can see both sides, I would just prefer to not worry about more edges and just be able to wash the whole front end without concern. I can live with the slight air pocket that may be there.

So I am doing the whole nose, from A pillars forward. I have already purchased new snakes for the fenders, as they will be removed to wrap them. I will get the first 6-8 inches of the roof line done (I am contemplating doing the whole roof to protect the stripes and match the hood), bottom of doors, door stripes, and rocker panels, in front of and behind rear tires, door cups, mirrors, and full rear bumper. I will probably have them cover the stripes on the trunk lid as well to protect them and match the rest of the striping. I think the PPF will adhere to the trunk better than the vinyl so there will be less chance of having the stripe lift. Anyway, that's my plan. Oh, after the PPF, the whole car (and wheels) will get ceramic coating.

My car is still 30 days from being born, so the pictures are still a ways out, but I will be sure to post.

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Jaime: One piece is absolutely necessary on the hood. Those edges would be impossible to keep clean and any water or air that gets in will, as you said, lift up the edges hence the need for a full piece of film.

My buddy had to get a 72" plotter/cutter to handle the necessary width of film. Believe me, that's one of the most difficult applications there is...an entire hood.

Ah, so it is your first step into a car with PPF. Well, I love it, no question about that but it ain't perfect. It might decrease the damage from a large rock but it won't stop it. Get some good touch-up paint for PF if you don't already have some. If that ever happens, your guy can pull the film, you or he touch up the paint, and give it a couple days at least. After the paint is thoroughly dry, he can put a new piece of film on. You might have him make you door edge guards if he hasn't already mentioned that.

I think initially, I may gin up a piece in my drawing software to go on the back quarter of the rear fenders until I solve the rock guard issue. If they don't look bad, I may just leave them on. The one the factor installs is pretty crappy IMHO. That is if they even put one on this car. I certainly haven't see one in the photos.

Get the back of the mirrors for sure.

Be careful with any electric polisher but you really can treat it pretty much like the clear coat. It'll polish and wax will shine it. I recomend waxing no less than half as often as you do your cars now. It still needs that to stay shiny.

Unfortunately for me, Xpel shows no info/templates on the new car but maybe I'm not doing the right thing on their site. Too lazy to check, I'll just call my bud.

That's all I can think of, Jaime hope some of it helps. And really, I'm ultra picky about those air gaps so it won't surprise me if they don't bother you at all. Your guy may even do a better job than mine.
Sponsored