1st Delivery

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Exactly. Kid called around the whole country and paid ADM to get this one. Dealer did what dealers do best, make money. It's called capitalism folks. ADM is for fools. Let the early adopters pay ADM and beta test the car for Ford and then buy a 2021, 2022, 2023 model year for under MSRP with all the kinks worked out.
So let's turn this into an ADM thread.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yeah smart move on his part. But his subscriber base and views are pretty low, unless he gets sponsored he probably does not even make enough on Youtube to cover insurance, gas, mods, and track items like tires and oil.

I can't imagine his insurance cost in California for his cars, but likely as much or more than my car payment on my 350.
Are you referring to his mom and pop sponsorship?

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Are you referring to his mom and pop sponsorship?
I don't know him or how he got his money, but Youtube ad revenue is not that much unless you have sponsors and a lot of subscribers and views.

But he is what, 19? If he can grow his channel he might get up there in a few more years. But yeah, no chance Youtube is paying the bills and allowing him to buy multiple $80K+ cars.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
It's how he got the car. Unless you think Ford Corporate is behind all this for someone with 79K subscribers..
Well, it was somebody. Maybe Mr Lasco himself for all I know, but I think it's obvious that somebody made this happen. And if it was a $25k ADM..... that may have something to do with it. Unless kiddo pipes in, I doubt we will ever know. But as many have stated, I dont think anyone would take his word on it.

The whole thing doesnt add up and lends itself to a lot of questions. Which is/was the reason for all this. It is just a discussion.

Well, time to make the donuts. I dont have mommy and daddy to pay for my 500 (if it ever comes). Catch you all later.

Sponsored

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
I can't believe I sucked into reading through the pages of this thread from the past few days. I am truly amazed at the amount of ass-burn being projected from this group over a frickin car. I saw the Facebook video before I ran across this thread and I thought it was fairly informative, for what it was. Nuff said.

GT350Obsession

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
K0963 2019 GT350 RR, Black Roof
I can't believe I sucked into reading through the pages of this thread from the past few days. I am truly amazed at the amount of ass-burn being projected from this group over a frickin car. I saw the Facebook video before I ran across this thread and I thought it was fairly informative, for what it was. Nuff said.
Glad someone said it. This seems like the official hater thread. He is 'just a kid' and he may have money, but he has just as much hustle. He snatched up an opportunity that others were simply to slow to grasp and now he's going to sell the shit out of that car for who? Ford!!! His voice is annoying, but his videos are super informative and he actually puts in work ON THE TRACK, so it's not like his cars aren't being used. Someone call the whaaambulance!

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
Well, it was somebody. Maybe Mr Lasco himself for all I know, but I think it's obvious that somebody made this happen. And if it was a $25k ADM..... that may have something to do with it. Unless kiddo pipes in, I doubt we will ever know. But as many have stated, I dont think anyone would take his word on it.

The whole thing doesnt add up and lends itself to a lot of questions. Which is/was the reason for all this. It is just a discussion.

Well, time to make the donuts. I dont have mommy and daddy to pay for my 500 (if it ever comes). Catch you all later.
You're on to something here tom. Many of us called dealers around the country. Many of us are paying ADM. Doesn't explain how this guy got the hook up of all hook ups. It may be a coincidence, but I don't believe in coincidences.

OP
OP
V00D00

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
What I love even more, is the butthurtness of the fanboys here, that migrated to my instagram, and complaining that i reposted his stuff there. Im loving the hypocrasy, its ok, ill syphon off some of the hype he has :) its all for the views and algorythms :)

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work in Progress
I highly doubt he has a hook up from Ford. He probably just saw an opportunity that no-one did. If he had a hook up at Ford, then Ford would of gave his Family an allocation for a new Ford GT but Ford denied it. Just remember this is probably not the 1st 2020 GT500 out there, this is just the 1st 2020 GT500 that has been publicized by someone that got it. There is others out there that arent into the Social Media scene.

At least he is driving the car back with his dad (or whoever is his co-pilot) back to California and will be putting miles on the car. He will have more miles on this car in 2 weeks then most people will have in a year once they get their car.

Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Having worked at a dealership I can tell you that the customer who paid the biggest ADM usually got the car first. I worked at a higher end dealer but I have seen people on long wait lists get bumped because somebody came in with a blank check mentality. It sucks, but money almost always talks and dealers are in the business to make money.

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
There are some truly disgusting comments in this thread. A bunch of crybabies whing like spoiled kids. This guy called all around the country like many on this forum did. He talked about it in an earlier video. He found one coming and secured it. What he did is no different than what many have done to secure this car. He just got his first and is a Youtuber. And if his parents bought it, so what?! He still has one.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
There are some truly disgusting comments in this thread.
Umm, 'disgusting' is a bit strong. I can think of quite a few behaviors I'd label as disgusting, not seeing that in this thread.

Sure, some folks are put out by delivery order [possibly] shifting because Ford may have favored a YT'er, that doesn't seem unreasonable though does it? I mean, if I was standing in line to ride the new Potter coaster, finally getting on it, and someone waltzed in past the entire queue, with a camera, making a YT video, and took our spot, I'd be a little f***ing irked.

It's easy to point fingers from the sideline, but I bet if you were in the same situation, you wouldn't be so quick to casually dismiss your order being bumped back, like your money doesn't represent the same value.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Umm, 'disgusting' is a bit strong. I can think of quite a few behaviors I'd label as disgusting, not seeing that in this thread.

Sure, some folks are put out by delivery order [possibly] shifting because Ford may have favored a YT'er, that doesn't seem unreasonable though does it? I mean, if I was standing in line to ride the new Potter coaster, finally getting on it, and someone waltzed in past the entire queue, with a camera, making a YT video, and took our spot, I'd be a little f***ing irked.

It's easy to point fingers from the sideline, but I bet if you were in the same situation, you wouldn't be so quick to casually dismiss your order being bumped back, like your money doesn't represent the same value.
Yes, and many who dont get it simply dont get it. You wouldn't see me in the Harry Potter line, but if someone cut me off in the starbucks line, they are going to hear about it. Again this issue does not affect me at all, but when I see something, I say something. Many here have so much invested in this process and I hate to see them get stepped on.
Sponsored