1st Delivery

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Jerry Springer called, he would like to use the content of this thread, but he needs a group of volunteers to pull each others hair without their shirts on.
This thread has been quite entertaining.
I don't fault anyone for their opinions, pro or con... it's just good conversation, i.e "a "forum" a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
Sponsored

kiwiford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Falcon 302, Mazda MPV V6
My scenario goes like : he did his Dealer ring around, and said to them " I'm a You Tuber". Lasco Ford bites heavily, grasping the free publicity with both hands, and makes it happen; from the unwrapping of the car, to the dealer install of parts, it's a great deal for THEM, too !! I doubt other buyers figured in LASCO's play book at all, and would be surprised if FORD corporate had much to do with it !!

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Yes, and many who dont get it simply dont get it. You wouldn't see me in the Harry Potter line, but if someone cut me off in the starbucks line, they are going to hear about it. Again this issue does not affect me at all, but when I see something, I say something. Many here have so much invested in this process and I hate to see them get stepped on.
Hey, all I can say is anyone that was willing to pay an ADM is attempting to do exactly the same. (jump the line) Everyone here is just ticked off that besides being willing to pay an ADM this guy has a Youtube channel. Being willing to pay an ADM doesn't make anyone different than this guy. If you don't like it start a Youtube channel to go with your ADM and you might have a shot at getting one first. Just look at the biggest joke in the Youtube world. Shmee150. He got a friggin Ford GT! And when he went to Vegas (on Ford), somehow he miraculously added a GT500 to his collection! Amazing. Bottom line is the marketing on this car has been a total joke.

Just Plain Bill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Teddy
Vehicle(s)
Sold - 2015 GT 50 th Anniversary
I am just an average shumck. Not a YT guy, not a racer, don’t have thousands of posts, have absolutely no clout. I just wanted to buy a car that I could enjoy.

I didn’t realize all the drama and mystery surrounding this cluster f#@# of a process.

Buying an 80k+ car should be enjoyable. This is about as much fun as a root canal.

Going into dark mode until I actually get a car (if at all).

DRP Motorsports

Had A Few Stangs
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2019 GT, 2020 GT500
I am just an average shumck. Not a YT guy, not a racer, don’t have thousands of posts, have absolutely no clout. I just wanted to buy a car that I could enjoy.

I didn’t realize all the drama and mystery surrounding this cluster f#@# of a process.

Buying an 80k+ car should be enjoyable. This is about as much fun as a root canal.

Going into dark mode until I actually get a car (if at all).
I have been silently watching all this unfold and I agree. I ordered my GT500 back in July, and like many, yet to even get a scheduled build. My order still sits as unscheduled. Maybe I will see my car by next July since I am merely "peasant" in the eyes of Ford.

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
I have been silently watching all this unfold and I agree. I ordered my GT500 back in July, and like many, yet to even get a scheduled build. My order still sits as unscheduled. Maybe I will see my car by next July since I am merely "peasant" in the eyes of Ford.
I love your peasant comment.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I could see this shitstorm coming months ago and I have no doubt that Ford did too. Yet they held the line throughout, delay after delay. Time to re-evaluate, Ford and make the requisite changes to the program. Or **** it, act like all is well and continue to focus on all things electric.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Jaime: Have you been able track any train car info?
Yessir, shes chuggin' along. If all stays true to form, she hits the dealer Friday-Monday

Sponsored

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
The dealer maybe close with ford, you heard the VP say ‘’the ford engineers routinely sent us gt500’s and drove out pretty aggressively’’.

what if they were ALREADY GETTING a gt500 this quick For them working so close with ford and he just found a way for them to sell it to him.

it’s not like he` just walked into the dealer (after flying economy) and said “i want this exact car special ordered, and i want it first’’. He said he called every dealer he could find getting a pre-ordered gt500 that wasnt special ordered. He prob work out some deal with the dealer, NOT ford.

i knew plenty of dealers close to ford in michigan getting stuff super quick.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called a contact way up at Ford about two months ago trying to speed things up. He suggested getting a courtesy delivery through Jack Demmer Ford in Wayne, Michigan as that is where any number of executives/engineers at Ford go through. Problem for me was it was too late to change the delivery destination which can be a bit of a problem. Had I changed the location earlier my car would have been in the garage today. Oh well.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
I called a contact way up at Ford about two months ago trying to speed things up. He suggested getting a courtesy delivery through Jack Demmer Ford in Wayne, Michigan as that is where any number of executives/engineers at Ford go through. Problem for me was it was too late to change the delivery destination which can be a bit of a problem. Had I changed the location earlier my car would have been in the garage today. Oh well.
Varsity Ford is another big dealer in Michigan but I don't think it would have made a difference since the car's allocation and delivery is decided upon by the zone manager of the dealer you ordered from. Esentially, if you have a VIN, you can not alter the order.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All I can say is when you know people good things happen. It makes all the difference in the world. You are right about the VIN.

Luck O’ 7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 2020 Lincoln Aviator 2019 Ford F-250 King Ranch 2015 Ford Mustang 50th Anniv #365 Roush Supercharger 2005 Ford Excursion 1974 Ford Bronco 1955 Ford Fairlane
I wonder how Luck 'O's doing? And,

Jaime: Have you been able track any train car info?

V et al: It would be SO nice if we could give the current disagreement a rest.
Still no car...spoke to the dealership at 6pm CST and no sign of a transporter. The car arrived by rail to Mesquite, TX on Saturday. It’s 69 miles to the dealership In Sherman, TX. No idea why it wasn’t delivered today...
Sponsored