'19 GT350 engine replacement

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Civil discussion....Interesting proposition considering your last and current post. And as far as accusing me of thread crapping... How many threads are necessary on the subject of voodoo’s getting replaced.. That’s rhetorical. If you feel starting another thread about it that’s your prerogative. Have at it. :captain:

Exactly, just another day in the shop I guess. I was just there to pick up my car and saw another day in the life of my local dealership. Having 2 Rs, I am glad my warranties are extended. I offered to buy the block coming out of the car from above, but I think Ford is going to want that one back for obvious reasons. Its a Gen 2 that blew.
My agenda today was to pick up my 500 after having a part on back order for almost 2 months. I stumble on a gen 2 engine replacement and you think I shouldn't take a pic and post it?

Full of myself? My personal attack? No, just reporting the facts whether you like them or not.

Again, I'm open for civil discussion, but it seems you are not. So back to my previous statement..... get lost (or contribute something meaningful).

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Civil discussion....Interesting proposition considering your last and current post. And as far as accusing me of thread crapping... How many threads are necessary on the subject of voodoo’s getting replaced.. That’s rhetorical. If you feel starting another thread about it that’s your prerogative. Have at it. :captain:
Have it your way.... Standby.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
We taking a Burger King direction now? :crazy:

Have a great rest of the night.

mroad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HEP
@Tomster when I reported my engine failure here, I got pounced on and personally attacked, accused of lying, making things up, and having motives and agenda. This added to the pain of the of traumatic experience of seeing my new car that I cared about and loved broken down and having its heart ripped off. Other people who report issues or even mention the word "buyback" get attacked, insulted, or mocked.

At the same time, there are empathetic and supportive people here who helped me feel better and gave me information to handle my situation.

Sponsored

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
@Tomster when I reported my engine failure here, I got pounced on and personally attacked, accused of lying, making things up, and having motives and agenda. This added to the pain of the of traumatic experience of seeing my new car that I cared about and loved broken down and having its heart ripped off. Other people who report issues or even mention the word "buyback" get attacked, insulted, or mocked.

At the same time, there are empathetic and supportive people here who helped me feel better and gave me information to handle my situation.
Like I said earlier, you obviously gave it hell while the oil was cold.

In all seriousness though, there is obviously issues with the FPC motor, and it changed over the years. Ford may have fixed some of the failings of the early models, but then consistent valve issues appeared in the later models.

The common saying of 'but porsche/chev/whatever motors have this failure also' means squat. So what. Doesn't change the fact there were and still are issues which affected some of the voodoos.

If people want to blindly defend the gt350 motor go for it, but dont get your panties in a twist when someone posts about a failure. I absolutely love my 350, including the FPC motor. I dont get why people get so sensitive over it.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT

In all seriousness though, there is obviously issues with the FPC motor, and it changed over the years. Ford may have fixed some of the failings of the early models, but then consistent valve issues appeared in the later models.

The common saying of 'but porsche/chev/whatever motors have this failure also' means squat. So what. Doesn't change the fact there were and still are issues which affected some of the voodoos.

If people want to blindly defend the gt350 motor go for it, but dont get your panties in a twist when someone posts about a failure. I absolutely love my 350, including the FPC motor. I dont get why people get so sensitive over it.
I think some people just can't accept that a lot of these motors fail for no reason other than being put together with shitty parts. Some people are scared there's a design flaw and that their car will eventually break too.

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
The guy I race with every weekend has a gt350, he’s in his third motor under warranty, he tracks the car hard.

he has blow the stock engine after roughly 5000 miles each time. All cylinder number 8.

i sent him the link for the head cooling mod and he’s having the dealership install this time.

motors break. Especially if run hard. People on here seem to get butt hurt so easily. @Tomster thanks for posting the info. Nothing wrong with reporting what you see.

We can all be sore about it. But these are just Mustangs, lol. Made in a mass production line. Shits gonna break!

Jbraun2828

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350

It’s weird that you don’t hear of many of the people with 16’s having issues. It seems these would have the most miles and things would start breaking. It’s almost like they changed something or cheapened out on some things. After 4 years you’d think they would have everything sorted out but obviously they didn’t.

Sponsored

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
It’s weird that you don’t hear of many of the people with 16’s having issues. It seems these would have the most miles and things would start breaking. It’s almost like they changed something or cheapened out on some things. After 4 years you’d think they would have everything sorted out but obviously they didn’t.
Before this thread it seemed the 19's were going pretty well. I've heard of a decent amount of 2020's going bad but not 19's. If it is known that cylinder 8 is a problem then why don't they recall them and fix it? Is there anything we can do about it?

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Data on model year 15 is really tough considering the low production but I think the 16 and 18 model years are doing the best imo. With model year 16 leading the way. It's like Ford changed something for 17 then said oh crap lets go back. Lol

Jbraun2828

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350
Data on model year 15 is really tough considering the low production but I think the 16 and 18 model years are doing the best imo. With model year 16 leading the way. It's like Ford changed something for 17 then said oh crap lets go back. Lol
Exactly, then changed something again on 19-20? I think anyone that buys this car knows the engine doesn’t have a stellar reputation. They either have their head in the sand or you accept the risk.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Exactly, then changed something again on 19-20? I think anyone that buys this car knows the engine doesn’t have a stellar reputation. They either have their head in the sand or you accept the risk.
And get the 8 year extended warranty.

Go to flood ford and look at the extended warranty prices between the 5.0 and the GT350. Huge difference..... ask me how I know

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
How many threads are necessary on the subject of voodoo’s getting replaced.
As many as are necessary. This is an internet forum. If you don't like a thread don't read it. I wouldn't care if there were 2000 threads about voodoo's blowing up. I'd rather have repetitive threads than no threads.
Sponsored