'19 GT350 engine replacement

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I was at the shop picking up my 500. In the bay next to me was a '19 GT350 getting an engine change. One of the other techs replaced 2 engines this week.

So much for the warm fuzzy of how gen 2 engines are bulletproof....

20210204_151425.jpg

20210204_151413.jpg
Sponsored

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I was at the shop picking up my 500. In the bay next to me was a '19 GT350 getting an engine change. One of the other techs replaced 2 engines this week.
Do you know the mileage on those two by any chance?

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Do you know the mileage on those two by any chance?
I can ask. The engine photographed is replacing an engine that blew a ring on cylinder #8, so I was told.

Sponsored

HEP#15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition L0015
Were all 3 2019s?

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Doesn’t bother me in the least. Sorry to disappoint. I get it, some need the attention by clickbait.
Clickbait...... I stop by my dealership to pick up my 500 and next to my car is a 350 that is having an engine replaced. The other tech was busy this week replacing 2 other engines.

Your comments are trollish. I am reporting what I saw. Again, I am sorry you are offended. The facts are the facts and you seem to have some sort of agenda. Is it your position that we all pretend there isn't a problem? Do you bleed ford blue to the point that you are stupid? I have more vested in the 350 platform than you do. Dont you dare make me out to be some kind of a troll.

If you don't have anything worthwhile to contribute, then get lost.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
C8 LT2 engines are having similar fates from what I understand. Wonder if there's a common link supplier that keeps messing up.

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Clickbait...... I stop by my dealership to pick up my 500 and next to my car is a 350 that is having an engine replaced. The other tech was busy this week replacing 2 other engines.

Your comments are trollish. I am reporting what I saw. Again, I am sorry you are offended. The facts are the facts and you seem to have some sort of agenda. Is it your position that we all pretend there isn't a problem? Do you bleed ford blue to the point that you are stupid? I have more vested in the 350 platform than you do. Dont you dare make me out to be some kind of a troll.

C'mon Tomster, I though you would have known by now that every voodoo failure has been from people not breaking it in correctly or hammering it while cold, included all the 2019+ models that have dropped valves. Nothing to see here....:lipssealed:

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
C'mon Tomster, I though you would have known by now that every voodoo failure has been from people not breaking it in correctly or hammering it while cold, included all the 2019+ models that have dropped valves. Nothing to see here....:lipssealed:
Exactly, just another day in the shop I guess. I was just there to pick up my car and saw another day in the life of my local dealership. Having 2 Rs, I am glad my warranties are extended. I offered to buy the block coming out of the car from above, but I think Ford is going to want that one back for obvious reasons. Its a Gen 2 that blew.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I’m trollish? Who started the thread? I have an agenda? See previous question. Do explain my agenda. How many of these threads have there been? Your more invested then I am? Who’s a little full of themselves. Do I bleed Ford blue, not hardly. And for the rest of your personal attack, well you can ......Seems I touched a nerve.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I’m trollish? Who started the thread? I have an agenda? See previous question. Do explain my agenda. How many of these threads have there been? Your more invested then I am? Who’s a little full of themselves. Do I bleed Ford blue, not hardly. And for the rest of your personal attack, well you can ......Seems I touched a nerve.
My agenda today was to pick up my 500 after having a part on back order for almost 2 months. I stumble on a gen 2 engine replacement and you think I shouldn't take a pic and post it?

Full of myself? My personal attack? No, just reporting the facts whether you like them or not.

Again, I'm open for civil discussion, but it seems you are not. So back to my previous statement..... get lost (or contribute something meaningful).
Sponsored