Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT350 Engine Replacement (Dropped Valve)

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Kevin, I agree! We should track these failures in a sticky thread. This is class action lawsuit material
deminished value might not be enough of a complaint.
What if the engine siezes while you're passing or taking a fast turn? It could cause death/injury to you and/or others.
That's what the clutch pedal and shifter in N is for.
Sponsored

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
You don't know that. SO commonly that people having an issue love to believe that everyone else is going to have the same problem and that "they" weren't just the unlucky ones. You're sounding exactly like this - making assertions with nothing but your own experience and a google search under your belt.
Right. But how many of these posts do you see in the S550 forum? Considering the number of S550s sold compared to GT350s, one would think the S550 forum would have new stories like this every day. That is, unless there is something especially error prone about the 350 engine leading it to fail that much more often than the Coyote. Or are all the S550 owners with Coyote engines blowing up on the way home from the dealer simply to shy and timid to post their stories?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Kevin, I agree! We should track these failures in a sticky thread. This is class action lawsuit material and cause for NHTSA complaints. What if the engine siezes while you're passing or taking a fast turn? It could cause death/injury to you and/or others.
I missed this one. Class action? You’re delusional. Can you not see that you’re little google search brought up such a small segment of car owners that you can’t possibly make a determination?

so funny that this issue hasn’t been common among long term owners here.
Maybe when you make another 2-3 fake accounts to post about failed engines, then you might win a buyback.

Perhaos you were having buyers remorse and abused the motor until it failed thinking you’d get a buyback and when you didn’t decided to make a case here based on the few cases you could find?

If admins could IP check these threads, that would be great.

Last edited:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Right. But how many of these posts do you see in the S550 forum? Considering the number of S550s sold compared to GT350s, one would think the S550 forum would have new stories like this every day. That is, unless there is something especially error prone about the 350 engine leading it to fail that much more often than the Coyote. Or are all the S550 owners with Coyote engines blowing up on the way home from the dealer simply to shy and timid to post their stories?
let’s not worry about different cars.
Two words - BBQ Tick

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
No more blown engine threads, please! There is no more that can or needs to be added to the 100’s of previously posted threads. I can say if mine fails, there will no mention here.

Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Of course I am.

And why should I put the VIN number of my privately owned car that I paid tons of money for in a public forum? To prove that I'm not lying? Why would I lie? I posted my story here to warn others of what's going on with the 2020 GT350 engines, to add my voice to those who are going through or went through the same ordeal as I am. I'm surprised that now I have to defend my self and my motives and be accused of making things up.
Yeah I completely agree with you, I think its extremely disingenuous and insulting. These cars are at least 60k brand new (not including taxes and extra dealership fees). This is not cheap, it is completely normal to be emotional and frustrated after spending that amount of money and to have an engine failure. They obviously will not be calm and say stupid shit Can't think of anybody that would be completely calm and rational if their engine blew on their brand new car.

Forcing new users with engine failures to post VIN#s just to have some random dudes 'validate' the car is so stupid. And it is just adding insult to injury, and it doesn't even help the user.

I don't get why people attack the victim and call them a troll. Engine failures with the Voodoo engine is a known potential issue. Why people are quick to blame the user, or write these reports off as hogwash is beyond me. You got the extended warranty for a reason

Last edited:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Yeah I completely agree with you, I think its extremely disingenuous and insulting. These cars are at least 60k brand new (not including taxes and extra dealership fees). This is not cheap, it is completely normal to be emotional and frustrated after spending that amount of money and to have an engine failure. They obviously will not be calm and say stupid shit Can't think of anybody that would be completely calm and rational if their engine blew on their brand new car.

Forcing new users with engine failures to post VIN#s just to have some random dudes 'validate' the car is so stupid. And it is just adding insult to injury, and it doesn't even help the user.

I don't get why people attack the victim and call them a troll. Engine failures with the Voodoo engine is a known potential issue. Why people are quick to blame the user, or write these reports off as hogwash is beyond me. You got the extended warranty for a reason
I see what you’re saying. I think the question is just being asked, that’s all. It’s a reasonable thing to be concerned about because...internet. More in question is the statements that all xx year engines are having problems as compared to any other year. We’ve seen this thread every model year.

Some quantity of engines pop every year it seems. Every year we have some people here talking about it...those engines get fixed and now we’re inMY 2020. It’s emotional for sure but I think people don’t stop to realize that since 2020s are the most recent to be delivered, those are what we see the early failure reports about at this time...it’s the same cycle.

look at some of these guys - they find 4 articles about 2020s...come in here and claim they found 10 and from that they say there should be a class action. What I see is a consumer with a faulty product who wants out...and that’s unfortunate and fine but drawing conclusions without good data (and not being able to resist making stuff up) just to get the internet to agree with you can only hurt owners who are otherwise happy with their purchases. This is cancel culture for an entire model of car just because of normal failures which Ford will remedy.

- Bring good data. The same guy who thinks it’s a great idea to catalog the failures (there are already threads for that) also doesn’t want to supply a VIN - how do we prevent duplicates?

- There have been 5 years of full production...but these new posts say it’s a 2020 problem. So no one remembers any failures for the previous 4 years? This makes me question the sanity and legitimacy of these posts, sorry.

mroad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HEP
I am dead serious about class action lawsuit. I'm going to fight tooth and nail for a buy back. Based on stories I'm reading here, most likely Ford RAV will stick to the letter of the Lemon Law and deny me. In which case, I will consult a lawyer. If there are legal ground for class action, I will reach out to users in this forum and elsewhere and ask them to share information with my lawyer.

And folks, if you are thinking of a class action lawsuit, I'll share my info with your lawyer.

The way Ford is letting this problem fester and the way it's fixing it constitutes major loss in value of the car you just purchased, which is one of the tenets of Lemon Law.

I should add that even if you were over-ruled in your quest for buyback or replacement and consented to the replacement engine, if a class action lawsuit is won, you would be entitled to material damages and civil penalties.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I am dead serious about class action lawsuit. I'm going to fight tooth and nail for a buy back. Based on stories I'm reading here, most likely Ford RAV will stick to the letter of the Lemon Law and deny me. In which case, I will consult a lawyer. If there are legal ground for class action, I will reach out to users in this forum and elsewhere and ask them to share information with my lawyer.

And folks, if you are thinking of a class action lawsuit, I'll share my info with your lawyer.

The way Ford is letting this problem fester and the way it's fixing it constitutes major loss in value of the car you just purchased, which is one of the tenets of Lemon Law.

I should add that even if you were over-ruled in your quest for buyback or replacement and consented to the replacement engine, if a class action lawsuit is won, you would be entitled to material damages and civil penalties.
The paperwork you had to sign to buy the car included your acknowledgement of the Lemon Law rules.

Ford didn’t promise you collectible value - just that they would warranty the car.

You indicate a problem with Fords fix for the car - how else would you suggest they resolve it?

I think you sound upset that your engine failed and are acting out. You’re ignoring logical thinking and are only interested in thinking that aligns with your original want.

You’ve already posted exaggerations of the number of failures you found and frankly, I question your motives

1608978166711.jpeg

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
I'd never bring that car home from the dealer. Doesn't really matter if it is an expensive, rare numbers-matching Mustang or a vanilla Focus, I wouldn't want a motor replaced in any new car. I'd trade it and make them give me a good enough deal that I wouldn't be out any money. Can't imagine I couldn't work something like that out.

Sponsored

mroad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HEP
Ford advocates and defenders can attack my motives all they like. It will not phase me because I'm advocating for a just cause. My motive is simple: I want to defend my right the rights of those who got a fundamentally defective car for their hard earned money and the current resolution is leaving them at a big disadvantage. If an engine failure of a brand new, expensive car in less than a month of gentle driving or within a few hundred miles is not outrageous, I don't know what is.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Ford advocates and defenders can attack my motives all they like. It will not phase me because I'm advocating for a just cause. My motive is simple: I want to defend my right the rights of those who got a fundamentally defective car for their hard earned money and the current resolution is leaving them at a big disadvantage. If an engine failure of a brand new, expensive car in less than a month of gentle driving or within a few hundred miles is not outrageous, I don't know what is.
This thread is janky.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Hire a lawyer then, and get on with it. Good luck to you

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The coyote's are not dropping valves.

The GT350's are.

What is different? It's pretty obvious. There is some kind of harmonic from the flat plane crank that is causing the failures. Instead of fixing it Ford is replacing engines.

IF IT WERE ME, I'd ask for a PREDATOR engine or a coyote, if that is not an option I'd trade the car.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I see what you’re saying. I think the question is just being asked, that’s all. It’s a reasonable thing to be concerned about because...internet. More in question is the statements that all xx year engines are having problems as compared to any other year. We’ve seen this thread every model year.

Some quantity of engines pop every year it seems. Every year we have some people here talking about it...those engines get fixed and now we’re inMY 2020. It’s emotional for sure but I think people don’t stop to realize that since 2020s are the most recent to be delivered, those are what we see the early failure reports about at this time...it’s the same cycle.

look at some of these guys - they find 4 articles about 2020s...come in here and claim they found 10 and from that they say there should be a class action. What I see is a consumer with a faulty product who wants out...and that’s unfortunate and fine but drawing conclusions without good data (and not being able to resist making stuff up) just to get the internet to agree with you can only hurt owners who are otherwise happy with their purchases. This is cancel culture for an entire model of car just because of normal failures which Ford will remedy.

- Bring good data. The same guy who thinks it’s a great idea to catalog the failures (there are already threads for that) also doesn’t want to supply a VIN - how do we prevent duplicates?

- There have been 5 years of full production...but these new posts say it’s a 2020 problem. So no one remembers any failures for the previous 4 years? This makes me question the sanity and legitimacy of these posts, sorry.
The ones that are throwing out those statements are from users and sometimes the OP that had engine failures and have a certain distain for Ford and the car which is honestly warranted, and I don't blame them. As for the others that chime in to stir the pot I can see why you would be frustrated with it.

I only joined this website because I was looking for a GT350 HEP and stumbled upon the GT350R HEP VIN spreadsheet, and politely asked Corrieb to expand the data for the GT350HEPs. I haven't been here since 2015 and I was actually completely unware of the whole engine debacle until I poked around here. I am sure many of the new users like me, were oblivious to the issues and failures of the previous years, as we were not invested in the car. If my engine was to fail prematurely I would definitely be making some statements (even if they aren't true). Really wouldn't pay much attention to those statements as they are emotionally charged. The people are pissed, just let them bitch. From a chart I saw on here the percentages of failures dramatically decreased after 2,000 miles.

I guess I am in the minority here, but I don't care about the baseless statements. I already have my car, and I plan on keeping this car for as long as I can drive so it does not bother me at all. Ford doesn't have the best reputation for reliability and quality which makes it easy to call them out when stuff breaks.

I agree though, I didn't see that he wanted to catalog the failures and proceed with the class action suit with withholding data collection, there are like 4 different threads right now lol, and I am getting confused on who the OP is. I wouldn't take that seriously though like I said, probably venting.

We all bought this car because we liked it and wanted one for ourselves, there is no need to attack the guy who got fucked and is upset. It just turns people away and only further reiterates the negative stigma about the engine
Sponsored

Last edited: