Sponsored

Nobody likes Mach 1's

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10/23 Mach1 A10/23 Mach1 6MT/24 GT A10
For the money, you'd get a used GT350, huh? That's exactly what I thought I was going to do too, but let me tell you something. I bought my used '22 Mach 1 just a few weeks ago at the asking price of $57,988 and it had only 688 miles on the odometer during my test drive. I get the remainder of the factory bumper-to-bumper warranty, which on the day of purchase was either 33 months or 35,312 miles. I got a vehicle that is crazy fast, has a bulletproof powerplant and drivetrain, has all the modern tech/safety features Ford ever put in the S550 chassis, has countless parts from the GT350/GT500, and has proven to be pretty much just as fast around a track as the GT350, if not faster in certain circumstances.

As for buying a used GT350 instead? Well, as I type this, there are only FIVE used 2019 or 2020 GT350s on AutoTrader.com within 300 miles of me, and the one with the lowest mileage of 4,671 has an asking price of $72,998. Even the cheapest one of the five still has an asking price of $63,900 and besides having 11,389 miles on it, it's a 2019, so the bumper-to-bumper warranty has already expired, and the powertrain warranty is set to expire next year.

So, if the GT350 is such a better car, feel free to spend your money on that. I won't judge. It's your money. As for me, I'd rather keep several thousand dollars in my pocket and have just as much fun driving it.
Hey your new Mach didnā€™t come from Athens, GA did it?
Sponsored

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Owning a 2016 GT350, I really dig the Mach 1 with handling pack. I tell folks that if I were in the market today for a Mustang that I knew that I would mod, I would get a Mach 1 six-speed with handling pack/rear seat delete in either Eruption Green or Fighter Jet Grey and do the following: ESS supercharger w/125 mm pulley, Soler Performance throttle body, LTH long tube headers with eCOF high flow cats, billet OPG/CG/timing chain tensioner, lightweight battery, lighter driveshaft, thicker front and rear sway bars, upgraded front end links, Steeda dual-rate springs, and BMR cradle lockout kit on 93 octane. That would be a nice weekend occasional daily making decent power. Nothing crazy.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JBlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
My parts bin car still gets compliments from time to time. I think the gorgeous eruption green color helps.

Phakdat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1, 23 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing
Such a stupid, ignorant, unnecessary comment. I bet you're a pleasant person to be around.
Why nowadays people so easily get offended. Can't one express his own opinion freely?

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, Performance Blue, Black stripes
I guess if you got snookered into a $20k ADM and now itā€™s worth $35k less and You canā€™t sell it even if you wanted - youā€™d prolly be upset. Then Ford flips you off on your warranty when your GT350 fails cause thereā€™s a dead fly on the window šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

The GT500 guys are still angry about paying all that ADM and the fact that they donā€™t have the last GT500 made with the recent news of the S650 GT500. They are also starting to miss that 3rd pedal. The 350 guys are all pissed about saving for a new engine. Just enjoy it man and donā€™t worry about others.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Damn. I wish you guys WOULD take your Bullitts to shows. I mentioned only ever seeing one Mach in person? Thatā€™s one more than the number of Bullitts Iā€™ve seen. Itā€™s like trying to get an up-close experience with Sasquatch.
Yea I've seen one in the Dayton area and when I was at Pristine Spa in Indy Friday to get a PPF replaced and ceramic checked, he said there was another dude with a Bullitt from Dayton and he's since sold it for nearly a profit (during the used car price boom). For me I think total of 2 - 3 sighted in over 3 years.

I'm too busy driving this thing man, just hit 50k miles too. This ain't going to be a "family heirloom" barely driven, I'm enjoying every mile.

There's only one car show I'm kind of considering going, I guess a car museum is putting on a Bullitt generations even, I'll try to show. Other than that, I'll rather hit the links or play baseball and enjoy the drive there, rather than sit at a car show. But again, each their own.

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
OP, I can tell you were just venting your frustration as to your new car and not drawing allot of attention in OEM form. If you want to get peoples attention, drop about 25k-30k in mods into it and make it stand out, then people will give it a second thought. I mean when I go to a car show, I don't look at Late Model OEM stock cars, for me, they are a dime a dozen and nothing special. But, When someone has put their hard earned money, and time into modding, making their car stand out among the rest, now thats makes them awesome looking to me. I for one would definitely take a good look at it. To me, OEM 350, 500, Hellcats Etcs do nothing for me for they are a dime a dozen, cooky cutter cars. Its when people put their ideas into their cars which separates them from the others. You might want to do as others have suggested, just drive your car and enjoy it and not worry about what others think of your car. For me, I bought my fully loaded GT as a toy, thats all, something I new I was going to dump allot of money into to make it mine, but that's OK for me for thats what I wanted my car for. Good Luck and Have Fun.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2022 GR Supra Matte Storm Gray Metallic
i like em a lot. they have a really awesome presence and they weren't THAT much more expensive than a GT.
When I optioned the Mach 1 out comparing it to the GT it was only an extra $5000 so I absolutely went for the Mach.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
You bought a boring colored car is my take.

If you had bought your M1 in the green, blue, or other bright colors you'd get more attention I bet.

A silver car looks cool but is just silver.

My bright blue regular 'ol GT gets tons of attention, at shows, driving down the street, and at stop lights. Kids love it and dudes are always checking it out.

I had a grey GT before this. They don't pop & stand out to people the same as a cool color in my experience.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I'm 55 , been working for Ford forever and since I was 16 I maybe only spent 6 months not owning a Mustang in that time frame , I have owned them all .

I love my Mach 1 , I have added some bits to it and will more then likely add many more . The wife and I have 4 vehicles and this is now my daily driver , I cant get out of it .

I don't care that it just turned 5,000 miles and has a shit ton of rock chips , even with rok blokz front flaps it is still eating the paint off my rear quarters I plan to drive it into oblivion and enjoy every second of it .

The thing I like most about my Mach was opting for the "rear seat saving pebble catching delete system" .... I would hate to have all those rocks and road tar debris landing on my back seats ...
:crazy:
Did you get to see your car getting built?

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2022 GR Supra Matte Storm Gray Metallic
From my experience so far, I have to disagree with your assessment. Obviously weā€™re from different areas and encounter different situations and people, but that hasnā€™t been true for me. For one, I didnā€™t buy my car with the expectation that everyone will be admiring it and giving compliments left and right, in fact I really donā€™t care what people think. I got it because I love the car, how it looks and drives and everything about it, which is what matters. Iā€™ve never had anyone looking down on me or acting like Iā€™m a jerk for getting a nice car? Iā€™m sure some people are like that, but the majority either donā€™t care or also like seeing the car. With all that said, I do get tons of compliments. Itā€™s my daily driver, so every day on my commute I get several people in traffic wanting to talk about it along with several thumbs ups out the window, or I just catch people staring out their window at a stop light. The best imo is seeing kids get excited to see it. Of course I enjoy talking to like minded people about it, but I was once that kid not all that long ago that would be excited seeing a car like this, so itā€™s fun to be able to provide that same experience.
This is the same interactions I've had in my area (northern MN). I've had tons of thumbs up, some people asking what it is exactly, and the one car show I pulled it into after arriving very late I didn't care about it being judged but I still have yet to see another Mach 1 in person so I wanted to get it in there so people could check it out if they wanted. I had quite a few people admiring and checking the car out. Have not run into anyone being a snob because of what I have and if I did as others have mentioned F'em. I bought this cause it's what I wanted and I loved how it looked, and loved it more after driving it. I could care less what others think about my car.
Sponsored