Sponsored

Let's talk trailers...anyone with a custom ATC/inTech?

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Futura. 14k +. Timpte makes one to. Timpte is US made. Futura is New Zealend.
fully loaded add 3k……. I have every option…….My buddy has a timpte…..he likes mine more,….but both are awesome.

OP
OP
honeybadger

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Well, the new trailer is finally in. Picked up this past weekend at the dealer in NC. Pretty darn impressed so far. We haven't raced out of it yet, but we did have a 1300 mile trip back home that involve every weather condition imaginable, speeds of anywhere from 60-80 mph, and some overnight camping. Trailer was fantastic in all areas - using the truck lanes for refueling is absolutely necessary and honestly, it's easier than dealing with a bumper pull in the car area at Loves, Flying J, Pilot, etc. Anyways - here are some pics!

IMG_0286.JPG

Double awnings - setup so I can still fit my 20ft popup canopy next to the trailer if the weather is particular bad (by leaving the rear one retracted).
IMG_0287.JPG

Garage is 28ft. Big and tall cabinets upfront, couch on side. 81.75in between the fenders. I do like that since all electrical is in the LQ part, I have access to all of my interior upper cabinets.
IMG_0290(1).JPG

Went with a full wardrobe closet. Perfect for my gear + holding the popup canopy if we end up taking it. No ability for it to fall on the car (those who have been following my long, winding journey will know that getting the trailer setup so stuff can't fall on the car was one of the top goals).
IMG_0308.JPG

This trailer is so dang tall. I can barely reach the top cabinets. Ha!
IMG_0296.JPG

IMG_0295.JPG

Deep under cabinets that should be able to fit (8) 5 gallon VP racing jugs for fuel. Alternatively I can store weird/large items like transmissions, etc.
IMG_0297.JPG

Airline track along the walls (along with carpet) for easy cargo securing and the like. Done on both sides.
IMG_0292.JPG

This wall is intentionally left open because it will be used for tire racks in the future. It's all reinforced with extra bracing behind the AL panels so I can hang 8 tires/wheels towards the ceiling. Since I winch the car in - it wasn't worth giving up the wall for a side-exit door.
IMG_0291.JPG

This little spot will likely have a tool chest
IMG_0299.JPG

Test fit miata last night. I'm pretty sure you could fit two

IMG_0313.JPG

IMG_0314.JPG

Onto the LQ part - has all the main items. KIng size bed, small kitchen w/ cooktop/sink/fridge, pull out couch, storage, and full bathroom. Dog tax included in pics

IMG_0303.JPG

IMG_0305.JPG
IMG_0306.JPG
IMG_0307(1).JPG

And one of my favorite bits - a big ol' Onan 6k diesel generator. This beast is robust and ultra quiet. Runs forever on the included 20g tank - will be perfect at running the two ACs 24/7 at the track.
IMG_0300.JPG
IMG_0301.JPG

I'm pretty excited on the rig. The big ol' Ram was a dream to tow with. The airbags, trailer tow camera, and Cummins are a real dream at this weight. Weighs a little over 14.5k unloaded - expecting around 20 fully loaded.

Sponsored

Lurker_350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
Baller! When you’re not racing, you should rent it out as an Airbnb (which would make it tax deductible)….. You’re welcome ;)
Hey, no joke. College football is around the corner Kevin......there are numerous Old Ags that would pay a pretty penny for a football weekend. You could even tow it to the university and offer it as a full service tailgating option! Haha

OP
OP
honeybadger

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Hey, no joke. College football is around the corner Kevin......there are numerous Old Ags that would pay a pretty penny for a football weekend. You could even tow it to the university and offer it as a full service tailgating option! Haha
Ha - I've seen what people do to rented equipment. I can't even imagine. I've talked to a few folks who have used things like Turo and they all had stories that were pretty crazy.

I do my best to share things in life - but the Badger isn't one of them (and its various support items like this trailer). Just too much personal time invested. Ha

Lurker_350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
Ha - I've seen what people do to rented equipment. I can't even imagine. I've talked to a few folks who have used things like Turo and they all had stories that were pretty crazy.

I do my best to share things in life - but the Badger isn't one of them (and its various support items like this trailer). Just too much personal time invested. Ha
Yeah, I was 98.5% kidding. That is a sweet trailer setup and I would not rent it out either!

Do you have enough street width to back it into your driveway? Or do you have to keep it offsite?

OP
OP
honeybadger

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Yeah, I was 98.5% kidding. That is a sweet trailer setup and I would not rent it out either!

Do you have enough street width to back it into your driveway? Or do you have to keep it offsite?
Kept offsite. Way too big you have a chance getting it in my driveway unfortunately. Maybe someday we'll have some land!

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Beautiful setup, bet your super stoked. Cobgrats!

DRAGOON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 VB mach1 HP 6SP
Kept offsite. Way too big you have a chance getting it in my driveway unfortunately. Maybe someday we'll have some land!
Congratulations on your track car hauler with LQ !!
Can never have too much land as its nice to have your stuff on site close to the house and garage. We have a 24 foot ATC Quest 305 BP so we put in an extra 10 foot x 30 foot concrete pad next to the garage for it. Adequate for that size trailer but that’s as big as we can go. Any bigger of a trailer and we would be in the same situation, off site storage.
Happy trails and be safe out there enjoying your new digs !!

OP
OP
honeybadger

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Beautiful setup, bet your super stoked. Cobgrats!
Feels pretty surreal! Can't wait for the proper test next month!

Got yourself just a bit of trailer there eh chap? 😜
I went for the most sensible option I could hehe

Congratulations on your track car hauler with LQ !!
Can never have too much land as its nice to have your stuff on site close to the house and garage. We have a 24 foot ATC Quest 305 BP so we put in an extra 10 foot x 30 foot concrete pad next to the garage for it. Adequate for that size trailer but that’s as big as we can go. Any bigger of a trailer and we would be in the same situation, off site storage.
Happy trails and be safe out there enjoying your new digs !!
Jealous you have covered parking at home. I really want some land in the future! Going to have to wait a bit, though. Current housing costs is relatively affordable and new builds are brutal. Hopefully in the future, though!
Sponsored