Sponsored

2018 GT. What mods to make the Coyote crank out more torque down low?

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
o
That said your down low RPM's go away almost instantly with 4.09's upon cracking into the throttle.
only in 1st and second, you have to remember how stretched out the gearing is in the 18 up. and if you short shift the 1-2 shift you definitely feel the pull in 2nd.
Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
o

only in 1st and second, you have to remember how stretched out the gearing is in the 18 up. and if you short shift the 1-2 shift you definitely feel the pull in 2nd.
Short shifting yes. Like putting around town.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Longtubes, e85, and not splitting hairs, but it's not a 302, it's a 305.
Biggest problem is the transmission with stupidly long 3rd and 4th gears, something really low like 4.09 would shorten them up a touch, but sacrificing top end speed. The 15-17 actually out-accelerate with their lower power output because of it.
Actually, since you corrected him, the Gen 3 Coyote is a 307 c.i. -- 3.66" bore and 3.65" stroke.

OP
OP

5speed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18GT
Guys thanks for the input. I have 3.73s now. Im a Jeep guy to so familiar with gear swaps but its probably not what I want to do for all the other reasons mentioned. I like the throttle commander idea and want to try that next. What brand is recommended?
Im awaiting My steeda rear IRS braces and bushings and then going to install these next.

8C6A6A51-ABC4-4525-905C-BB565DC135CA.jpeg

Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I like the throttle commander idea and want to try that next. What brand is recommended?
imo throttle commanders are silly and ridiculous. Iā€™d just get hptuners and do whatever you want with the throttle response along with thousands of other things. You could also increase borderline timing a few deg down low which would help as well.

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
you did look at your redline right? The engine is cammed to wake up at 4000rpm, that's your "low end" rpm.

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
I could not believe what a change the throttle controller that I just installed made. Coming from a C7 Grand Sport, my new Mustang felt very heavy with slow response but now it feels much more like my C7 did. Very, very happy with the change.
All the throttle controller does is when you apply lets say 20% it applies 40% ( don't know exact ratios) than you imput to give the placebo effect that your car has more power/throttle response then you have. You can also achieve this effect for free by just hitting the go pedal harder/faster yourself. Waste of money imo

OP
OP

5speed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18GT
Yes I do realize you have to rev this engine. It is what it is. But am sure I can do better that what it is currently. Explain the intake , what from (GT350 or F150 or something to that effect) and what /how will it help? Maybe some shorty headers?

Throttle is still an issue so an HP Tuner? These electronic throttles are not good so if it smoothes it out some, I am game to try it

you did look at your redline right? The engine is cammed to wake up at 4000rpm, that's your "low end" rpm.
[/QUOTE]
All the throttle controller does is when you apply lets say 20% it applies 40% ( don't know exact ratios) than you imput to give the placebo effect that your car has more power/throttle response then you have. You can also achieve this effect for free by just hitting the go pedal harder/faster yourself. Waste of money imo

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, since you corrected him, the Gen 3 Coyote is a 307 c.i. -- 3.66" bore and 3.65" stroke.
šŸ¤£ You're right, I was thinking of my Camaro, or I'm dyslexic and thinking of the 5.035L. but yeah, no longer a 302, which isn't a bad thing.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
E85 and long tubes or boost. Or all of the above with proper fuel system šŸ¤—

OP
OP

5speed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18GT
So I ordered this;
Soler Prf. DLX Bluetooth Throttle Controller for $135.00 Shipped. If it smooths it out that will be good, and I already did the clutch spring but drive by wire throttles pretty much arent my thing.
I was always told Long tube headers are for top end, which is not what I want, I feel like it needs some shorty headers. Will have to research....

OP
OP

5speed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18GT
because I have found at times they dont react consistently to the same input. My 06 GT was the same way, I have a couple of LIncolns, same thing. They react differently at different times

merlin803

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
clay
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 P0004
Coming from having a TC on a different car, I wasn't expecting any more power but got everything I was hoping to and that was to get rid of the feeling of pressing the throttle down 20% and it responding relatively little, at least in Normal mode.

Since most of my driving is crappy city roads and not freeway, this lets me keep it in normal mode, while still having the better throttle response of Sport/Sport+/Track.

It sounds like you don't put much value in the different throttle responses of changing modes but for people that do, it is well worth the extra control IMHO.
Sponsored