2022 GT500 at MSRP

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Shots fired. I've heard this quit a bit lately. The false dichotomy by those who vote against their own interests for tax free billionaires. The same people supported the destruction of democracy for 4 years recently. Then the Big Lie and January 6th happened. Anyone who supports the former Russia made monster in chief (ordered to kill Pence) after his lies and destruction are morally bankrupt.
Adam Smith was a Russian mobster ???
Sponsored

JoeSTi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt500
This time last year I got lucky and found my base car at msrp. Sold it and was looking for a 2021. Called a ton of dealers trying to locate a 21 base car with handleling pack and tech pack and lowest ADM I could find was 7500. Funny enough I found a track pack car an hour away that I was able to negotiate down to 5,000 over. It was posted online for 30 over. I'm picking it up tonight.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
This time last year I got lucky and found my base car at msrp. Sold it and was looking for a 2021. Called a ton of dealers trying to locate a 21 base car with handleling pack and tech pack and lowest ADM I could find was 7500. Funny enough I found a track pack car an hour away that I was able to negotiate down to 5,000 over. It was posted online for 30 over. I'm picking it up tonight.
That is how the free market was always envisioned to work !!!! Congrats !!!

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, Performance Blue, Black stripes
Just to be crystal clear here: I paid over for my GT500 (like most folks do) applying all the rules of supply and demand and based on the fact that I was told I would have to wait 1.5 years for an ordered unit and even then would pay over sticker.

I paid sticker for my Mach 1

Other than the shitty body lines (which we all know Ford is famous for and crappy paint) I am thoroughly happy with both decisions.

I am not a fan of others taking advantage of people for monetary gain (as in temporary Covid 19 commodity shortages) GREED is a 7 deadly sin and Karma will get these dealers for sure. If the market bears the price tag I understand it to some degree. However, inflating prices on a used Toyota Camry is another story.

I see the GT500 as a collector item that has intrinsic value that will appreciate over time, sort of like the Paintings people pay extraordinary amounts of money for (a $20 canvas and $5 bucks worth of oil based paint is now worth seven figures) I'm not saying the car will appreciate like that, I'm saying it's not a Toyota a dime a dozen rat trap car (no offense to Toyota owners) you can buy on every street corner it's a serial number car which is limited production soon to be out of production- and therefore is worth the price of admission as in paying an ADM. That's why I paid an ADM on the GT500.

And also because I WANTED IT - 🤣 🤣 🤣

clg82

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
(Mustang with an inferior chassis)

I believe his real motive was to insult us folks on here that actually have cars - probably a Dodge fanboy trying to pollute our forum. In his profile under cars listed it says "Several" - yeah ok ... 🤪

Go look at his posts most all of them are all slams and sarcastic remarks about Mustangs and Ford. Just another jealous Dodge fanboy who can't afford a real car - go away, shoo fly, go back to the Dodge forum where you came from... 🤣 🤣 🤣
The only fanboy i see in these threads are the people that overpaid for an inferior car, if you didn't research what you can buy for under 80K that will keep up, and with light modifications beat a 500 than who exactly is the fanboy?

Sponsored

clg82

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Just to be crystal clear here: I paid over for my GT500 (like most folks do) applying all the rules of supply and demand and based on the fact that I was told I would have to wait 1.5 years for an ordered unit and even then would pay over sticker.

I paid sticker for my Mach 1

Other than the shitty body lines (which we all know Ford is famous for and crappy paint) I am thoroughly happy with both decisions.

I am not a fan of others taking advantage of people for monetary gain (as in temporary Covid 19 commodity shortages) GREED is a 7 deadly sin and Karma will get these dealers for sure. If the market bears the price tag I understand it to some degree. However, inflating prices on a used Toyota Camry is another story.

I see the GT500 as a collector item that has intrinsic value that will appreciate over time, sort of like the Paintings people pay extraordinary amounts of money for (a $20 canvas and $5 bucks worth of oil based paint is now worth seven figures) I'm not saying the car will appreciate like that, I'm saying it's not a Toyota a dime a dozen rat trap car (no offense to Toyota owners) you can buy on every street corner it's a serial number car which is limited production soon to be out of production- and therefore is worth the price of admission as in paying an ADM. That's why I paid an ADM on the GT500.

And also because I WANTED IT - 🤣 🤣 🤣
Umm what?!?^^

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, Performance Blue, Black stripes
Crawl Space Troll - Please someone call the exterminator ...!!!

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Crawl Space Troll - Please someone call the exterminator ...!!!
I don't even bother anymore........... Ain't worth a second of time. It's bad enough I even click on these stupid posts

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I don't even bother anymore........... Ain't worth a second of time. It's bad enough I even click on these stupid posts
Plus, there is always the ignore option.

1637186996447.png

Last edited:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Plus, there is always the ignore option.

1637186996447.png
I don't even bother with that either.... I like to hold out that people will maybe just once have something worth reading, so I hold out, haha.

That and it messes up the flow of a thread.

Sponsored

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
You just, without knowing it, said what everyone is saying here about ADM...

The price of any Ford vehicle IS clearly marked on the Window Sticker, it's the last line under the line items - MSRP. The ADM isn't, never was and will never be a FORD increase as it never was part of the CLEARLY MARKED MSRP directly from Ford. The ADM does not benefit Ford, it's an added amount by the Selling Dealer and only benefits the Selling Dealer.

Why anyone pays ADM "just because" is freaking beyond me.

One other note about ADM - if the vehicle ever ends up in a Buy Back situation and the Customer paid ADM, ADM is not recoverable by Ford RAV since it never was part of the original MSRP.

So why if the MSRP is clearly marked on a vehicle would you pay any value above it? The "WalMart scenario" is a perfect analogy and still applies to the discussion even though the product value at a WalMart was not $100k+. The point being is, if you wouldn't pay beyond retail price on the "sticker" of a product at ANY retail store - why would you pay above MSRP at any Dealership, regardless of Brand or vehicle type?

Think about it.
No. Walmart buys 10,000 widgets for $1 apiece then sells them for $1.50. During this transaction the widget maker and Walmart negotiate this price. Walmart turns around and sells at a price they decide alone, at a profit because they now own the widget and can set a price they feel the market will hold. If I sell you personal property for a set amount that satisfies me then you sell it the next day at an additional premium it’s because I, the original seller, misread the free market. By this logic everyone should be mad at you for correctly reading the market and making a profit. Dealers finance the cars from the manufacturers and therefore own the right to read the market and sell for what they feel the market will hold.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
These ADM threads always bring out the best in people.
I agree. Just let the other folks do what they want. I don’t like ADM’s either but if Otherguy wants it bad enough, then more power to him. I won’t judge unless his kids can’t eat cause he spent it. Don’t like it? Don’t pay it.

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
Just to add to my story, although I was lucky enough to pay MSRP for my 2020 GT500 (I was ok with spending up to 5K over if I had to). The part I did not tell everyone is the number of dealers and deals I did walk away from due to the ADM's being 10K up to 30K.

I was a bit surprised at some of the dealers that would not budge on their ADM, even after making the argument that the number has nothing to do with the MSRP and that it is a pure profit number by the dealership and having a check in hand. Unfortunately, I did waste a lot of time with a lot of dealers.

When I finally found my GT500, I had them actually confirm the OTD price before I drove up to the dealer by sending me a quote via email. This was before the supply issues, at this point I would be surprised at any ADM below 5K (but it is possible!). For the record, I do not believe in the ADMs, they serve absolutely no purpose other than going into someone's pocket at a dealership.

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
And I’m sure the few out there with a $50k ADM aren’t really for sale. The dealership owner likely keeps it in the showroom to draw traffic, tells the sales manager to give it a $50k ADM. if on the off chance someone decides to pay it they let it go. Otherwise he or she adds it to their personal collection. The owner of my local Ford dealership got his that way. One of my neighbors owns the local GM dealership and his family has a nice extensive collection including a pristine 63 split window and a 67 427/425 4 speed car with basically no mileage. Guess who gets their first C8 Z06/Z07 package car.
Sponsored