2022 GT500 at MSRP

TxGT350-52

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
I'm one of the guys that will flat out refuse to pay an ADM. I can fully afford a new GT500, but thew principle of ADM's just irks me. I have a friend who manages a Ford dealer, and I have bought my last 6 new Fords from him, and even he won't sell me a gt500 at msrp. If I knew I could get one at msrp, I would sell my car in a heartbeat and run out to grab one.
As others have commented, it might be possible to find one at MSRP, but it will take a lot of leg work on your part. If the principle of paying ADM irks you, you might have to wait and buy a lightly used one in a couple of years.

After many months of searching in 2019, I bought my 2018 GT350 with only 1200 miles for $11K under MSRP and sold it two weeks ago for a $13K profit. (Yes, I sold my three year old car for $2K over MSRP) I am not in a hurry, so I will wait for the right GT500 deal to come along.
Advertisement

BadCon

Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mazda 6
I'm sorry to burst your bubble but you probably won't EVER see that car. Furthermore, how do you know that dealership even has an allocated unit to sell you. You can't JUST order a GT500 because your a Ford dealer - lol ... 🤣 🤣 🤣 but they can take your deposit and tell you they are and will ...

Better do your Due Diligence my friend
Don’t be rude because you are jealous. My dealership ship sold gt500’s in 2021 and 2020, and my order is confirmed through Ford Performance.
But hey, anything can happen. They won’t start issuing vins until probably January, and I won’t see the car until April at the earliest, which leaves plenty of time for shit to go south.

TxGT350-52

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
Don’t be rude because you are jealous. My dealership ship sold gt500’s in 2021 and 2020, and my order is confirmed through Ford Performance.
But hey, anything can happen. They won’t start issuing vins until probably January, and I won’t see the car until April at the earliest, which leaves plenty of time for shit to go south.
I doubt he is jealous as he already owns his GT500. He is more of a reality check guy.

Last edited:

Nfs1000f

Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
I'm one of the guys that will flat out refuse to pay an ADM. I can fully afford a new GT500, but thew principle of ADM's just irks me. I have a friend who manages a Ford dealer, and I have bought my last 6 new Fords from him, and even he won't sell me a gt500 at msrp. If I knew I could get one at msrp, I would sell my car in a heartbeat and run out to grab one.
This sale below on Cars and Bids is precisely the reason why I agree with you and I too would never pay dealer markup. This guy took a bath.

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/9n15VPzl/2020-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-golden-ticket

nmp1

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R
This sale below on Cars and Bids is precisely the reason why I agree with you and I too would never pay dealer markup. This guy took a bath.

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/9n15VPzl/2020-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-golden-ticket
2nd that, I see the same thing on BAT. Even loaded CFTP's seem to have a hard time making sticker. No way I would go over MSRP with results like that. If they were like 19/20 350R numbers it would be a different story. The big X factor is what the next generation will bring.

Last edited:

snakeyes

Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, Performance Blue, Black stripes
First and foremost what exactly was "Rude" about my post; giving my opinion - because it's contrary to your belief the opinion is considered rude - ha....

As the other fellow above stated, I have nothing to be jealous about (see pics) I will state again (my opinion) you will be lucky to see that car, very lucky.

IMG_6190.jpg

Cobra99

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500, 13 GT500, 91 Fox, 17 Fusion Sport, 08 F350, 10 Fusion Royale Coachworks stretch
I'm sorry to burst your bubble but you probably won't EVER see that car.
That was rude. You don't have any info about the deal/dealer and you made THAT statement. Could of worded it better as a warning to make sure the dealer was legit! but to say he will never get the car is very heavy handed.

snakeyes

Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, Performance Blue, Black stripes
That was rude. You don't have any info about the deal/dealer and you made THAT statement. Could of worded it better as a warning to make sure the dealer was legit! but to say he will never get the car is very heavy handed.
OK then I'm sorry

BrakeFade

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E39 M5, '21 CFTP GT500
I thought orders at this point were all in limbo until allocations were given out? Your dealer can put an order in but Ford won’t pick it up until a production date for Gt500’s is set and allocation numbers are set. If your dealer sold GT500’s in the past, I’m sure you’ll see it, may be a longer wait though with ‘21 orders bring pushed to ‘22.

Advertisement

94 - AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake - 1
Advertisement