Sponsored

GT500 - $10k over msrp

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
So - I drove by the Ford dealership today and saw a GT500 inside the showroom. I had a few minutes so I decided to go in and take a look. It is a beautiful car - darkish gray with dark blue stripes. I didnt even really look at the options very closely but the msrp was around $82k. The sticker price was $92k - is this the going rate for these cars - msrp + 10k? I'm not looking to buy one but was just surprised it was priced so far over msrp...
Sponsored

NC252

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro - 2020 GMC Denali HD - 2020 GT500
So - I drove by the Ford dealership today and saw a GT500 inside the showroom. I had a few minutes so I decided to go in and take a look. It is a beautiful car - darkish gray with dark blue stripes. I didnt even really look at the options very closely but the msrp was around $82k. The sticker price was $92k - is this the going rate for these cars - msrp + 10k? I'm not looking to buy one but was just surprised it was priced so far over msrp...
10K, 15K and 30K I have personally seen myself. I've seen posts with them even higher. Mine was listed at 14K above MSRP but I finally convinced the dealer to sell it at MSRP or they got desperate to make a sale. LOL

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
I know the standard gt500’s can get msrp. Not sure the CFTP is gonna get sticker, your gonna pay a markup for those

OP
OP
MNstang

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I know the standard gt500’s can get msrp. Not sure the CFTP is gonna get sticker, your gonna pay a markup for those
The had a cftp car at the same dealership also. White with a black roof - I loved the look of it! Msrp was around 94k - no sticker price listed so it may have been sold...

Sponsored

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
The had a cftp car at the same dealership also. White with a black roof - I loved the look of it! Msrp was around 94k - no sticker price listed so it may have been sold...
94K for a mustang. Good lord. I love my mustang but at the end of the day that one is just a faster mustang and costs 94K!

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Dealer by me initially had one listed for 50K over sticker since then it looks like they have come down to a very reasonable 25K over sticker lol.

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
That's tame compared to Canadian markups - $30-40,000 over MSRP.

The dealers doing this are in dreamland.

Sponsored

NC252

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro - 2020 GMC Denali HD - 2020 GT500
It's only worth what someone is willing to pay. I had a mindset that no matter how much I wanted the GT500 I wasn't paying a penny over MSRP. There will be someone that will pay that ADM on the car you may want, you just have to be willing to wait it out and hopefully the dealer gives in before that person sees that particular car. Supply and demand drives the market. Hell we just paid $1,000.00 for a bed I felt like was worth maybe half that, but it was the only bed in town.LOL

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
94K for a mustang. Good lord. I love my mustang but at the end of the day that one is just a faster mustang and costs 94K!
Totally agree...my '18 GT PP! has been flawless...forget the GT500.

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
I don't think I could justify the cost either but there is just something special about those shelbys!

It's really a Mustang Cobra...Carroll didn't have his hand on it. It's still a special car, but not enough to get rid of my '18 GT.

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
you can't blame the dealerships because it the customers fault that it mark up like that. Dealerships know there are people willing to pay for it.

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
They have GT500 on the show room floor of my local dealership with a 10K ADM, but the salesman said he would sell it to me for MSRP and the mark-up was there to discourage people from out of state buying and flipping the cars. I bought my mustang from them so I took him at his word.
Sponsored