DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350, 16 gt/cs (wife)
Vehicle Showcase
When I bought my 10 2ss/rs camaro, they want between 5 and 10 adm. I told them I'd pay more and that was it. They laughed and said yeah right. That was dec 09. I went back about every 2 weeks and checked on it and we'd go around and I'd say let me know when you want to sell it. Finally, March 10, they called me on a Saturday morning and said come and get your car.
Sponsored

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Just for a different perspective:

Most of us here are "average Joes". You know, we work, we save, we buy a car, most of us finance it. Like most people do. We're buying Mustangs, not a McLaren.

And then there's the 1%. Heck, the 1% of the 1%. The ballers. The Internet startup geeks. The Bitcoin early adopters. Elon.

So, in that 1% are the car collectors. These are the guys that you see on Chasing Classic Cars who have a custom-built 27 car garage built on their property with more money invested in the floor treatment of that garage than most of us have in our retirement accounts. These guys decide, for whatever reason, that a GT500 would fit well into their Ford section. And it should be blue, because there are too many red ones in that section.

So, if a dealer has what they want, they'll negotiate that $15K ADM down to $10K and get their car. It's chump change. They'll spend the "savings" on having it shipped in a covered truck driven by 7 naked virgins. No, wait, that's a different fantasy...
Pricing the very people who helped make the Mustang great out of the market. The chump saving his hard earned and epoxying his own floor need not apply anymore. Not needed.

iamevan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Is anyone hearing people are buying the GT500 at MSRP now?

Dealers in Northern California are asking about 10-15K ADM. They'll take 5K every day. 3K would be a bit harder. 1-2K would be very difficult. At MSRP is a real challenge at the moment.

NC252

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro - 2020 GMC Denali HD - 2020 GT500

Dealers in Northern California are asking about 10-15K ADM. They'll take 5K every day. 3K would be a bit harder. 1-2K would be very difficult. At MSRP is a real challenge at the moment.
I just purchased mine three weeks ago at MSRP $79,970 previously marked up 14K

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R

Yes. Sames Ford in Corpus Christi had a white golden ticket CFTP for msrp. it sold quick. They advertised it on FB

also have a base model at msrp

Sponsored

misuracaf10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP
now that we have talked alot about ADM. Do the CFTP hold their value much better then the base models? Say you did buy both at MSRP does one depreciate faster than another? and how limited will the CFTP really be . was it 3,000 units max per year? compared to how many total gt500s built? I don't have either, but yes this is my hope to get one of these after my charger lease it up.
what do you think will happen in this case? i guess it could be to early to tell though as there arent any used 500s as they are too new!

NC252

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro - 2020 GMC Denali HD - 2020 GT500
now that we have talked alot about ADM. Do the CFTP hold their value much better then the base models? Say you did buy both at MSRP does one depreciate faster than another? and how limited will the CFTP really be . was it 3,000 units max per year? compared to how many total gt500s built? I don't have either, but yes this is my hope to get one of these after my charger lease it up.
what do you think will happen in this case? i guess it could be to early to tell though as there arent any used 500s as they are too new!
I personally think the CFTP and Base model will hold some of it's value in the private sector and only to those that know what it is.
Buying a car at MSRP is only an indication that your not willing to wait for the used market to catch up or you just want the vehicle now. Same for paying any ADM on it.
If FORD stopped in the 2020 MY with all production of the GT500 you might have something that would hold it's value, but IMO any vehicle that is massed produced is just another car.
I personally wanted the GT500 for the 760HP and the factory warranty that comes along with it.
I plan to keep mine awhile so the resale value of it didn't really matter to me as it would to others. But on another note I'm on my fourth car in four years. I really do enjoy driving this car car though, much more than my previous cars which were two C7 Corvettes.

wbrownie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
ADM is like the skip the line fee. You get the same experience but just have to pay to get it sooner than you otherwise might. I was fine with that and expect that it is not part of the depreciation curve.

Sixx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
19 GT 350

I am in Nor-Cal, and I was looking to buy a GT500 in February. I went through the internet sales channel and made it very clear I was ready to buy. I shared the details on my trade (19 GT350 4,200 miles). They all came back with ADM of $10k or more and low balled my trade (less than $50k). I told them if you are asking ADM for your car, I am asking for ACM (Additional Customer Markup) on my trade. I also pointed out that they had new 2019 350s on the lot with $10K markups. One dealer eventually relented and came down to$5k over but would not go over $49k on trade.

It all fell on deaf ears. Nightmare experience.

I ended up going a different direction with Porsche. I was a repeat customer with both brands.

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
I am in Nor-Cal, and I was looking to buy a GT500 in February. I went through the internet sales channel and made it very clear I was ready to buy. I shared the details on my trade (19 GT350 4,200 miles). They all came back with ADM of $10k or more and low balled my trade (less than $50k). I told them if you are asking ADM for your car, I am asking for ACM (Additional Customer Markup) on my trade. I also pointed out that they had new 2019 350s on the lot with $10K markups. One dealer eventually relented and came down to$5k over but would not go over $49k on trade.

It all fell on deaf ears. Nightmare experience.

I ended up going a different direction with Porsche. I was a repeat customer with both brands.
I was in your same position although their offers were a bit better. I received trade in value on my 2019 GT350 from 56k - 58k. The ADMs on the 500s were 5k - 10k. I turned all of these offers down, while I felt the trade was fair the ADM on a now leftover model was ridiculous. Looking today there are still 435 leftover 2020 GT500s out there. What are these dealers waiting for, its now March of 2021 with delivery of 2021 models happening shortly.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Looking today there are still 435 leftover 2020 GT500s out there. What are these dealers waiting for, its now March of 2021 with delivery of 2021 models happening shortly.
Back when I bought my '07 GT500, the '08s were coming out, and I was able to get it under list. Why? Because the bozos were holding out for an ADM and it rotted on their floor. Of course, it was a vert, which lessened its appeal for some (and, as it turned out, that car didn't live up to the hype for me, mostly because of the compromises the vert brought).

I wanted a '20 badly early last year. Real bad. Calls to most of the dealers in a two-state area were fruitless, all wanted ADMs. Nearly simultaneously, Covid hit, my employer was impacted hard and cut pay, and it was time to abandon any notion of buying. Now that I've had a year to ponder and things are closer to normal, there are other vehicles on the short list.

MSRP deals are becoming much more attainable.....
Sponsored

Last edited: