Sponsored

Allocation available for a base gt500 at MSRP

thaext

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leet Pony
Allocation available for a base gt500 in FPB, Black Roof/Stripes, tech pack and CF Dash. Dealer is selling at MSRP. I had originally ordered in Jan before the world fell apart and put down a non refundable 2000 deposit. I talked to the salesperson and he has no trouble for me transferring it to someone else and all I am looking for is to recoup the 2000 that was nonrefundable for the deposit. Car has VIN assigned and is scheduled to be built mid-July for delivery in either late July to Aug. Emailed the dealer again and I'm sol on the deposit
Sponsored

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
Allocation available for a base gt500 in FPB, Black Roof/Stripes, tech pack and CF Dash. Dealer is selling at MSRP. I had originally ordered in Jan before the world fell apart and put down a non refundable 2000 deposit. I talked to the salesperson and he has no trouble for me transferring it to someone else and all I am looking for is to recoup the 2000 that was nonrefundable for the deposit. Car has VIN assigned and is scheduled to be built mid-July for delivery in either late July to Aug. Emailed the dealer again and I'm sol on the deposit
where is the dealer?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I dont think they can keep your money unless you specifically agreed that the deposit is non refundable

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
I dont think they can keep your money unless you specifically agreed that the deposit is non refundable
I agreed to a non-refundable deposit, but there's nothing in writing so... How does that work?

Hopefully you can find someone to send in their deposit and maybe they'll refund yours. I'm thinking about trying this myself. I found a car I can actually spec myself for the same ADM rather than settle for the way the dealer ordered it.

Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
A lawyer may be able to get you out of a non-refundable deposit (based on a verbal or written contract) if you find someone to take your place and the dealer cannot show that they incurred additional expenses by you replacing yourself with another buyer. Question then becomes whether it is worth the attorney's fee, especially with an uncertain outcome. If the contract was verbal, step one is to not write about it on the internet. When a verbal contract is disputed, the terms are often what comes under dispute, since they were not written.

Edit: Layperson, not a lawyer; so that would be the starting point for "qualified" advice.

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
You can always try disputing it with your credit card if that’s how you paid them the deposit. Most CC companies will put the burden of proof entirely on the dealer.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I agreed to a non-refundable deposit, but there's nothing in writing so... How does that work?
If you agreed to a non refundable deposit, then that is a verbal contract. However they have a duty to produce the car in a timely manner. That is/was out the window with the pandemic. I think any reasonable person would give the money back because the car has been held up for an extended period of time.

The best advice is talk to a lawyer if you need legal advice. I just talked to mine, but she's not in a good mood this morning.

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
I guess the order has been sent to the plant? I read someone changed configuration of car after vin was assigned but before order was sent to plant for production? I would be more interested if configuration could be changed?

OP
OP
thaext

thaext

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leet Pony
I guess the order has been sent to the plant? I read someone changed configuration of car after vin was assigned but before order was sent to plant for production? I would be more interested if configuration could be changed?
Order has not been sent to plant, nor has it been "locked in" since it's scheduled to be built next month barring any unforeseen delays. I'm not gonna speak about Ford's policies/procedures but there was a user here that was able to change a configuration on an order on an R even though there was a VIN assigned, so while a VIN has been assigned to the 500, the only way I know of changing the configuration is by knowing someone at ford

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
Order has not been sent to plant, nor has it been "locked in" since it's scheduled to be built next month barring any unforeseen delays. I'm not gonna speak about Ford's policies/procedures but there was a user here that was able to change a configuration on an order on an R even though there was a VIN assigned, so while a VIN has been assigned to the 500, the only way I know of changing the configuration is by knowing someone at ford
can I have the salespersons information? do you mind asking them? I like performance blue but would prefer white stripes with painted roof.
Sponsored