EBAY Bidding at $55K over MSRP on GT500

James_GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt
Well it says it in the description in Caps is for over MSRP and also at beginning is for an allocation. So hopefully someone doesn't think they're getting a great deal. Including price of car it's at 136,820 right now.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
People read what they want to see. Its like when I give a buddy pass out..... They think they have a positive space seat on the jet.

This auction will not end well.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Agreed that this auction is headed for a train wreck as it is obvious that many of the bidders did not read the second last paragraph very closely.

Sponsored

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
There have been several of these auctions with cars that haven’t even been built and the sellers are already trying to sell it for a premium. The ideal karma would be one of these auctions going through and then the dealer selling the car to someone else. Lol

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
That isn't the CORRECT VIN for the 2020 Mustang GT500!!!
Yes, the seller made mention of that in his eBay ad and said that the VIN belongs to his 2007 GT500 based on the fact that he probably does not have a VIN for his unscheduled GT500 build at this time.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
There have been several of these auctions with cars that haven’t even been built and the sellers are already trying to sell it for a premium. The ideal karma would be one of these auctions going through and then the dealer selling the car to someone else. Lol
Correct. Many people think an allocation is theirs to do with what they wish. It is not theirs to sell, it is the dealers car to sell. That would be like me trying to sell my place at my dealer for my CFTP on order. The dealer would never have it and would most certainly find another buyer who would pay more money for it.

Now, in some circumstances, a potential buyer might have to back out of a car. Sometimes that buyer coordinates with the dealer to step right into the deal and take over the purchase. However that would be only at the discretion of the dealer. If a person was to purchase a car and then turn around and sell it, it would be a used car.... unless the buyer never got it registered and somehow obtained a certificate of origin. Commonly this occurs when you buy a car out of state and the car is never registered at the time of purchase. When I bought my '18 R model out of state, a COO was mailed to me and up to that point, the car remained new to any potential buyer (should I have decided to sell it).

Anyway, its all moot. This auction is going nowhere.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2001 Bullitt, 2004 Mystichrome Convertible, 2017 GT Premium
lol - it's at $65k now - and the top bidder has a serious feedback number so I think he's gonna be pretty upset when he learns he's not getting a car for his bid...

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
You would think people would be smarter with their money... But nothing surprises me anymore.

Sponsored

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
I actually thought this might be reasonable if the guy had possession of the car....

But just for an allocation?! No way. Hell I have a golden ticket allocation (according to my dealer anyway) and I would certainly let it go for this much if I thought the bidders had a clue about what they're buying.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Call me the party pooper, but I messaged him on ebay. This is a bad listing and both the buyer and the seller are going to be disappointed. If he comes back with a "screw you", I think we should all start an ebay account and bid to our hearts content.

Just because people are stupid, doesn't mean that they are deserving of negative feedback from a guy who is obviously a profiteer and an ass hat.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Seller is a straight hustler! Easy money. Good for him/her.

thaext

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leet Pony
Call me the party pooper, but I messaged him on ebay. This is a bad listing and both the buyer and the seller are going to be disappointed. If he comes back with a "screw you", I think we should all start an ebay account and bid to our hearts content.

Just because people are stupid, doesn't mean that they are deserving of negative feedback from a guy who is obviously a profiteer and an ass hat.
Only buyers can leave negative feedback. So, the stupid buyer is able to give the idiot seller a well deserved negative feedback

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
If the seller has an allocation he/she can transfer to a chosen buyer, what is he doing wrong? There not forcing anybody to bid. What would they deserve negative feedback for? I do agree there both clowns though. Lol

Only buyers can leave negative feedback. So, the stupid buyer is able to give the idiot seller a well deserved negative feedback
Sponsored