Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
For those who’ve done PPF on their front fenders, is the Cobra badge only held in place with high strength tape or does the fender also have guide holes in it similar to the 5.0 badge on the GT?
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
For those who’ve done PPF on their front fenders, is the Cobra badge only held in place with high strength tape or does the fender also have guide holes in it similar to the 5.0 badge on the GT?
Double sided tape AND location pins.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Many shops will be able to cut around the emblems and make the seam invisible. I doubt they would go the hassle of removing and re-installing the fender emblems. Keep in mind, PPF is not a permanent thing. It is sacrificial. If the film gets damaged later on in years, now the fender emblems must be removed again to replace the film.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Many shops will be able to cut around the emblems and make the seam invisible. I doubt they would go the hassle of removing and re-installing the fender emblems. Keep in mind, PPF is not a permanent thing. It is sacrificial. If the film gets damaged later on in years, now the fender emblems must be removed again to replace the film.
You have three options when getting film, depending on the installer. Either they print out a precut sheet that leaves a cutout for the fender emblem, or they remove the emblem and cover the whole fender and re-install emblem, or manually cut their own sheet and cut around the emblem.

I picked up a new set of emblems, as I prefer as little edges as possible to avoid lifting in the future, and so a nice new set of emblems would replace the damaged tape on the old ones.

Choices, it's all about choices.

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
My installer is putting the new Llumar Valor on. Hes using the template on the software provided by Llumar for the emblems. He's just extending the overall size so he can wrap all the edges where possible.

The software he got is pretty impressive. Every little piece and part of our car is on there. Template for everything.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Evolvd

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
You have three options when getting film, depending on the installer. Either they print out a precut sheet that leaves a cutout for the fender emblem, or they remove the emblem and cover the whole fender and re-install emblem, or manually cut their own sheet and cut around the emblem.

I picked up a new set of emblems, as I prefer as little edges as possible to avoid lifting in the future, and so a nice new set of emblems would replace the damaged tape on the old ones.

Choices, it's all about choices.
Where did you source the replacements from? I’m betting dealer prices are ridiculous.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you source the replacements from? I’m betting dealer prices are ridiculous.
I good friend of mine hooked me up. A good parts guy will sell them for about $80 a pair. Most places act like they are made of gold. Also, try eBay.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yes, have your installer remove the original side badges and reinstall new ones. As Jamie said, they are on ebay all day long.

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
I hope your luck is better than mine. My installer said my car has the worst factory paint job he has ever seen. Took A LOT of serious pain correction.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Why would the installer not reinstall the originals with new 3M tape? Asking for a friend...
They could, but the original tape is lazer cut to the exact shape of the emblem, making a WAY nicer look than strips of tape between the emblem and fender. Worth the $80 to me.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT500, 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
They could, but the original tape is lazer cut to the exact shape of the emblem, making a WAY nicer look than strips of tape between the emblem and fender. Worth the $80 to me.
They took mine off when i got my PPF, new badges and you can't even tell they were replaced.

Dcgtconv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryl
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500KR, 2009 GT500KR, '69Mach1 SCJ, '68 Conv
My installer took mine off and reinstalled them afterwards, looks perfect

traktrbeam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford GT Premium PP1
How do you remove dirt that has gotten under the seam of PPF and get it to adhere again?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
How do you remove dirt that has gotten under the seam of PPF and get it to adhere again?
You don't. Replacement is your best option.
Sponsored